Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

D=
  ='[
View Results

baigais

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:08 pm
Well, this has been going on for a few days, but I'm kinda tired of it.

I've been feeling just like, really down and depressed or really overwhelmed and angry all the time.

I get migraine headaches, and I've been getting really bad ones recently that won't go away unless I take four Advil at a time and then they're only gone for a couple hours and come back just as quickly. I'm wondering if I'm having some kind of imbalance in my entire system, or if it's the headaches making me short-tempered and whatnot.

It could be that I've procrastinated in my classes and could possibly be failing unless I tie up all the loose ends and I'm getting overwhelmed.

Or that my parents suddenly seem to be smothering me and I don't have any freedom to go hang out with my friends instead of staying home and cleaning the house top to bottom; and I may be needing some human contact.

Or it could be a combination of the three reasons, but in any case, I'm becoming bothered with myself.

When I feel too crowded I lash out at people and if they still don't leave me alone I go off alone and start scratching or biting my knuckles.

And it's suddenly very easy for me to feel crowded and angry. I get mad at people in group projects, even though all of them are my friends and I find myself screaming and yelling at them all the time.

I was in my history class and the people that sit behind me never shut up and I asked them to stop talking and they swore at me and laughed and talked even louder and I couldn't concentrate on my work, so I sat and broke down and chewed my knuckles and snapped myself with a rubber band until the hour was over.

I'm not sure what this could be, but I'm kind of concerned I might be going mental or something...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:27 pm
you shouldnt bite your knuckles. it seems to me like your just having a moment. last week has been crazy for me, ive also been having constant headaches and procrastinating, and screaming my head off. hopefully it will go away. just like in my situation.  

Anabethe

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:17 am
I would venture to say it's a combination of all you mentioned. sounds like you need some kind of outlet to work out all the stress and frustration you're feeling. stress can do some messed up things to the body.. including causing headaches, even migraines. it happened to me twice before while I was married to my first husband. I would suggest getting interested in a physical activity of some kind. a martial art perhaps, or some other sport. if you're not into sports and not interested in martial arts, then do some research and start a workout routine. physical activity has been scientifically proven to reduce stress levels. it's healthy for both the mind and the body.

also, let your parents know how you're feeling. maybe they can help you find this outlet. I really think you need it.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:44 pm
Calypsophia
I would venture to say it's a combination of all you mentioned. sounds like you need some kind of outlet to work out all the stress and frustration you're feeling. stress can do some messed up things to the body.. including causing headaches, even migraines. it happened to me twice before while I was married to my first husband. I would suggest getting interested in a physical activity of some kind. a martial art perhaps, or some other sport. if you're not into sports and not interested in martial arts, then do some research and start a workout routine. physical activity has been scientifically proven to reduce stress levels. it's healthy for both the mind and the body.

also, let your parents know how you're feeling. maybe they can help you find this outlet. I really think you need it.

what she said was great.
This may also be due to some stress you are having at school or work.
If you feel excericise hasn't helped you could always perform an activity that helps you think clearly. talking to your parents about this may help as well just because they care andwant to help. when you get angry though, what might help is writing down your feelings.
It channels anger more 'positivley' in a sense.  

Sprockette

newtypephynix

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:09 pm
Biting eh?.....meh, I can't preach on self mutilation. I do a similar thing. XD I take scalding showers though, used to terrify my folks. I would burn badly on my arms and back, the pain was ridiculous. =.= You shouldn't do such things, self abuse truly makes little sense wen you see it in logical form.

"Self abuse is almost literally this: Your mind goes, 'I will dull the MENTAL pain and stress by causing equal or greater PHYSICAL pain and stress. Which will worry and anger my friends and family, causing more MENTAL pain and stress, therefore causing me to cause even further PHYSICAL pain and stress"

It is a pointless cycle. Even if you get temporary releif, what happens when you argue with someone over it? more biting, causing more anger, causing more biting.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:18 pm
i agree completly with the person above.
Self mutilation never helped me.
i was actually benidicted?(i think thats the word, but i could be wrong...im thinking eggs at the moment..)
any who, i used to do what you do, and the scalding hot use up all the hot water in 3 minutes...

just try to calm down. the anger didn't help so much with me because im slightly bipolar, so my moods would snap even quicker...

but enough about me, this is about helping you.
find something to take your frustration out on besides other people and yourself. in the long run, you will slowly, but surly, get out of it....im still stuck in the same rut i was in 3 years ago, but at least im not doing drugs anymore, that was another of my problems

sorry for the long and probably useless post... sweatdrop  

xXxToxic_PixixXx

Goth_chi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:32 pm
Calypsophia

I agree. To me it sounds like you likely have alot of stessfull things going on in your life right now and you have no way to express yourself. you bottle it up and when someone irritates you you snap. the knuckle biting and rubberband snapping is your way of distracting yourself from the issues within and the issues you have with others at the time. Try to take some time an clear your mind, breath in the good and out the stress.
Talk with your parents about what's going on, and try to make some you time where you're not being bugged by homework, friends, pets, family,. I personnaly will paint or draw, but you could dance, sing, play an instrument, sit in your lawn and watch the clouds and birds and the buggies in the grass... ^.^ Alone time. I advise not going on the internet or listening to too much music because you can just go on autopilot or even get irritated by those things.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:21 pm
I agree with most of the suggestions here.

However, I would also like to add that if your sharp migraines don't go away when you are calmer or in better moods, you should definitely see a doctor.  

Nariko914

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff