No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
Nostradamus(sp?)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Since this topic is based on the assumption that Nostredamus could predict the future, do you believe he could?
  yes
  no
  who cares
View Results

AvariciaMooneater

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:40 pm
Note:This topic is based on the assumption that certain people can predict the future. Not saying I beleive it, this is a "What if"situation.

WARNING!!THIS MAY OFFEND PEOPLE OF CERTAIN RELIGEONS AND GENDERS. PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!!

Ok, I recently watched a program on the history channel that talked about this guy named Nostradamus. This guy lived about 500 years ago, a from a jewish family who had been converted, and came up with some astoundingly accurate prophecies, like the death of King Henry II of France. He got his prophecies through scrying and inhalation of incense and meditation.(this is relevant later.)But anyways, some people discovered a book of his, the Lost book, full of pictures that realte to the prophecies her made in his other 3 books, and what he is prophesying is apocalypse. I think by apocalypse, it means an extreme change in how humans think and live, an overturning of our way of life.
The people who discovered the book forsee lots of death and anti-christ, yada-yada. It's supposed to happen in 2012(cuz of Nostradamus and the Mayans, not gonna go there)
OK, I dont think it involves the anti-christ, bevause I dont believe Nostradamus was Christian. I think he was either jewish or pagan.
There are certain images in the book full of relevance. There was a burning tower, which has been associated with 9/11.
There was a picture of a group of women turning their back on the pope, although some women were trying to touch his staff(which was a double cross with flames at the bottom).
There was an image of an 8-spoked wheel and some crescent moons, with a full moon bearing a feminine face .
There was a picture of a lamb missing it's rear half.
These are the three pictures Im going to talk about.
The first picture is plain enough;the church is going to lose the support of the female population, though some females want to have high positions in the church. The double cross is apparently supposed to be the tree of life, so if the bottom is on fire, then that says our way of life is going to go up in flames.
Now for the second picture. The 8-spoked wheel resembled the Wiccan wheel of the year, but there is also astrological meanings. There is a void in between the constellations of Saggitarius and Scorpio, so if you draw a line in between them through the center of the void and another line, the one that all of the zodiac constellations rest on, you get a cross. Then, there is another cross made by the path of the earth's yearly rotation(or something, it was a couple of weeks ago when I saw this)that lines up with the first cross to make an 8 way cross, which lines up between Sagg. and Scorpio, which is actually the direction that the center of the galaxy lies in.
We'll finish that last bit later, but Im going to go to the half-lamb, or killed lamb. The discoverers of the Lost book thought the lamb meant Jesus killed, the anti-christ, but a lamb also represents innocence. If it has been cut in half, killed, it means we cant be innocent, or ignorant of something, anylonger. The half-lamb was also found on a church where Nostradamus used to live, underneath an image of a man holding a snake, or 2 snakes. Nostradamus often used this image to refer to the place where the 8-cross was, and considered it the 13th zodiac sign. 13 is a number associated with the occult, and is generally(as far as I know) the maximum amount of people a Wiccan coven will have in it. It lies in alignment with the center of the galaxy, which is beleived to be a black hole.A black hole is the void, a place of fresh beginnings. The 13th sign is the Snake-bearer. Snakes, in certain pagan religeons, represent the ability to turn a poison into an antidote, something bad into the cure. Also, The moons in the picture with the wheel. The mon is generally referred to as a feminine energy most of the time.(also, wiccans beleive in The Goddess, so feminine energy is extremely present in the prophecies)

So what I deduce from all of this is that our way of life will be overturned and restart, as a matriarchy(cuz as much as we're all for female power now, the world is still a patriarchy). Many people will probably die before the matriarchy establishes itself, because that's kind of what happens when new systems are introduced. People tend not to like them. And unfortunately, the Church is very patriarchal, so if matriarchy were to happen, the church would be demolished.
This would be an apocalypse to Nostradamus, because he was a man in the 1500's. If women were to rise to their own power, it would be the end of the world.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:06 pm
I suppose it could be possible but also using that statement there are some things in the Bible(Not Christian in the least I actually don't believe a speck of it really but read a bit when a friend's mom dragged me to church trying to save me) and it has a few things relating to 9/11 as well so I'm saying it's definitely possible I mean there is deja vu and that's really nothing more than seeing the future but not comprehending it.

Personally I wouldn't mind that apocalypse wouldn't change how I act that much, following the Rules of Courtly Love and Chivalry sweatdrop  

Nerevar Fatehand

Phoenix Trion

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:11 pm
There is people that believe that the "skill" of predicting the future of Nostradamus had it source in a "fake" aleph, just like the inner mirror of merlin and other great prophets  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:03 am
when it comes to religious texts, I think people will see what they want to see in it. there's also a book called Decoding the Bible' which supposedly has codes in it to reveal prophecies of the future. they say the Torah (or old testament) is filled with numeric codes which are linked to hebrew letters that make prophecies too. personally, i think it's people reading too deeply into it, but that's just me.

that's not to say I dont think there are people who could see the future. I've read books on Nostradamous and I've seen the same history channel program the OP mentioned. some of it seems quite straight forward (like his prophecy about a man named Hister who's name and description strongly coincides with Hitler), but honestly, most of what Nostradamous said is SO vague and incomprehensible, one could make virtually anything they want to out of it.

the prophecy in the Mayan calendar is another thing altogether. what's supposed to happen in 2012 (during the winter solstice, which is my birthday, which I consider way cool smile ) is a new Age of man. now, that very well could include the destruction of our patriarchal societies and the birth of a new matriarchal one, who knows. maybe WWIII will have happened and most of the world as we know it will be destroyed and our population devastated bringing us back to tribal societies. or maybe there will be another major meteor hit much like the one that killed the dinosaurs off. or maybe the oceans will finally give way and flood much of our land masses, causing severe weather changes and thusly killing many of us off.

but this new age of man could also mean simply a shift in consciousness. maybe we'll become more spiritual creatures (not necessarily religious) as opposed to material creatures. maybe something will trigger our psyches to not be driven so much by greed, but compassion.. a true 'golden age'. (not that that's very likely, but it's nice to think about). or maybe all the destruction I mentioned will give rise to this new way of being. you have to get rid of the old, in order to bring in the new. that's the way of life. wipe the slate clean, so to speak.  

Calypsophia

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:11 am
Phoenix Trion
There is people that believe that the "skill" of predicting the future of Nostradamus had it source in a "fake" aleph, just like the inner mirror of merlin and other great prophets

I wouldnt call it a 'skill'. skills are learned and can be learned by anyone. Nostradamous didnt learn it, he didnt use a crystal ball, a scrying mirror, or any other 'tool' used to view the future. he was supposedly born with this ability.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:35 pm
Calypsophia
Phoenix Trion

I wouldnt call it a 'skill'. skills are learned and can be learned by anyone. Nostradamous didnt learn it, he didnt use a crystal ball, a scrying mirror, or any other 'tool' used to view the future. he was supposedly born with this ability.
No, you can learn stuff like that, the issue is trusting your ability to do it and practicing it. And I think he did use tools, I think it was a bowl of water, which works just as well as a mirror or ball. And even if this wasnt true, meditation in and of itself can be a tool. Also, I think one of his wives introduced him to the concept of predicting the future, I think she was familiar with Tarot.  

AvariciaMooneater

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:41 pm
Aurelia the Neko Witch
Calypsophia
Phoenix Trion

No, you can learn stuff like that, the issue is trusting your ability to do it and practicing it. And I think he did use tools, I think it was a bowl of water, which works just as well as a mirror or ball. And even if this wasnt true, meditation in and of itself can be a tool. Also, I think one of his wives introduced him to the concept of predicting the future, I think she was familiar with Tarot.

no, he didnt use any tools that I know of. it is said that while still a child, he was walking thru a market, walked up to this guy recognizing the future pope. that kind of inherent knowledge. I know what you're saying, I've practiced magick and read tarot cards for over 10 years myself. but I wouldnt call myself psychic. not in the least.

some people are born musicians, poets, artists, psychics. but not everyone.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:29 am
i saw the show on Nostradamus (sorry if i spelled it wrong) a long time ago in the history channel. i dont really believe it, because the things he said was wayy to vague. sweatdrop  

Anabethe

General Overall Deception

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:39 am
Calypsophia
Aurelia the Neko Witch
Calypsophia
Phoenix Trion

no, he didnt use any tools that I know of. it is said that while still a child, he was walking thru a market, walked up to this guy recognizing the future pope. that kind of inherent knowledge. I know what you're saying, I've practiced magick and read tarot cards for over 10 years myself. but I wouldnt call myself psychic. not in the least.

am sorry I shouldnt be here you know, but any ways, here is a text about the aleph I mentioned about, and yeah, I am Nitro-kun and Phoenix Trion (Trion is an anagram for Nitro ^^) anyways here is the link =)

Aleph, wikipedia article and Aleph, tale translation.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:04 am
General Overall Deception
Calypsophia
Aurelia the Neko Witch
Calypsophia
Phoenix Trion

am sorry I shouldnt be here you know, but any ways, here is a text about the aleph I mentioned about, and yeah, I am Nitro-kun and Phoenix Trion (Trion is an anagram for Nitro ^^) anyways here is the link =)

Aleph, wikipedia article and Aleph, tale translation.

cool, thanx. but why shouldnt you be here?  

Calypsophia

"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff