Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "EGG" Electronics, Gizmos and Gadgets!
ho all likes Windows Vista? (Just name a few new features)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kooky the roleplay master

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:23 pm
I'm just seeing who all here knows about Windows Vista. And if you have a question about Vista, jsut ask here as well I can probably help you out. I've been working with Vista for a year now and I am a college student majoring in computers. I'm in an Operating Systems class as well.

Here is a list of some neat little features

Windows Aero!!!! heart  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:36 pm
I got a new computer today that has Vista, and as of right now, I do not like it at all. I spent about 6 hours or so today setting it up, or trying to that is. I don't like how much eye candy there is, namely, the Aero interface. I would rather that those system resources were devoted towards what I am actually working on rather than the eye candy that I don't really care about. I would agree that the eye candy looks cool, but that is about all the use that I can think of for it.

I don't really like the gadget bar as of right now either. There aren't many gadgets and the ones that there are, I don't find too useful. The ones that I do like are the system monitor and the weather one, since I need to know the weather rather often.

Anyway, I would say that Vista seems to have a good amount of potential, however, as of right now, I do not like it. Maybe after a service pack or two, I will like it more.  

locke317

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:05 pm
my laptop came with vista installed, and I have to say i like it a lot. It takes a while to get used to after using XP for so long, but now its fine. No probs here  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:51 am
Yaarghhh...
I hate Vista...

Well.. I hate windows... but XP is still acceptable.
But Vista is just slow and such...
If you don't need that Eyecandy it looks like win 2000 and much more new things then DRM and maybe the "better" "copy protection" (and directx 10) are not included...

However, who wants to use it... use it!  

LordHelmchen

trusting paranoia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:41 pm
I use Vista, and am doing okay.

Some things done on XP are done differently on Vista, but I have to learn to adapt anyway biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:13 pm
I love the way it's designed and how it flows, when you exit a program, enter a program, etc. I don't have it, but I've seen it.  

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150

The_Panty_Avenger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:20 pm
Vista is ok by me. Graphics seem a little cleaner than XP, or maybe that's just me. Its too dependent on online crap. And its crashed about 4 times on me. But its better than nothing I guess.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:04 am
User Image
Personally, I hate Vista.... it has crashed on me quite a few times.... and I have had to re-install every last one of those times

Emo Toothpaste

selena_anuri_11

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:16 am
personally i think vista is a bit to much and with all that theres just two much that can go wrong.
also it seems slower to me but that might just be that im used to fast computers. xp  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:53 pm
Never had a Vista but I heard it sucked though I never got the reasons why but I know for sure they tried too hard when they try to made it like Apple Mac (according to someone I know). Did they make things extra? I seen a guide for Vista when it comes to screenshots and I must say, they have more steps than Apple Mac.  

Hikari Tokoyami

"EGG" Electronics, Gizmos and Gadgets!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff