Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
Guardianism: A New Religion Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guardian1239

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:40 pm
I've decided to start my own religion. I've been forming ideas for a long time and I've decided to write them down. They can be found here:

Guardians United

I love feedback, but please read at least some of the website before commenting.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:28 pm
dude, you already created a topic on this.....  

azrael the reaper_95210

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:28 am
indeed I gave you my feedback already.. but my questions went ignored.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:37 pm
azrael the reaper
dude, you already created a topic on this.....

redface I'm sorry. To be honest, I forgot that I had already made a thread. I've been sick for three weeks with a constant cough, so my mind is a little scrambled at the moment. burning_eyes I guess I'll make this the official thread and ignore the other one. I feel very stupid at the moment. stressed  

Guardian1239

Guardian1239

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:40 pm
Calypsophia
indeed I gave you my feedback already.. but my questions went ignored.

I'm really sorry. I'll transfer the posts from the other thread. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:47 pm
Calypsophia

Like, there arent enough religions in the world already? how about some proof for this 'Jury'? I'm sorry, but it sounds almost as silly to me as the beliefs in Scientology. of course, I dont believe in any religion, they're all man-made. what makes yours more plausible than any of the others out there?

please dont say you're doing this in an effort to make money off of people..nothing to me could be more comtemptible.

My religion is more plausible because it is more balanced. I don't have any evidence besides that. Religion is a set of ideas to explain what can't be proven.

I would never think of charging people. This is a religion that I've started to show others my ideas. If you want proof of this statement, you can see that I don't say "This is the best religion. Believe it or you'll suffer." I'm very accepting of what others think and believe.

Guardian1239

Guardian1239

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:54 pm
Christian Monroe
I'm sorry to say, but your new religion sounds more like something that should be in an rping guild. I mean that with the most respect possible to give.

I've gotten this alot. At first, I started coming up with ideas to make my story plausible. However, some of these ideas really seem possible to me. I admit, the Jury is more for my story. The plane hypothesis I support as possible truth more than anything.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:01 pm
kyoshiro2
Hmm... I read it earlier... It's not bad... I not in to religions but I'll just say one thing... Are you so unhappy with all other religions that you have to make your own to make yourself feel that you may have a purpose and that you don't just cease to be... The thing that annoys me about religion is that no one should have tthe power to judge someone and decide who is good and who is bad.... But it's not my part to say anything about your or anyone elses religion....

Certain parts of other religions bothered me, such as having only one opinion judging a soul. With multiple opinions, it will be a much fairer trial. The only reason it would bother you to be judged is if you have something to hide. The Jury watches every action you've taken to help in their decision-making. By saying you don't think we should be judged, you are saying you believe that there should be no such thing as good and bad.

I created this religion to express my ideas, not make myself feel important. I'm not pushing this on to anyone, so it's obvious that I'm not trying to make myself important. If no one likes it, then so be it. I'll be happy just letting people know what I believe.

Guardian1239

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:38 pm
Guardian1239
Calypsophia

Like, there arent enough religions in the world already? how about some proof for this 'Jury'? I'm sorry, but it sounds almost as silly to me as the beliefs in Scientology. of course, I dont believe in any religion, they're all man-made. what makes yours more plausible than any of the others out there?

please dont say you're doing this in an effort to make money off of people..nothing to me could be more comtemptible.

My religion is more plausible because it is more balanced. I don't have any evidence besides that. Religion is a set of ideas to explain what can't be proven.

I would never think of charging people. This is a religion that I've started to show others my ideas. If you want proof of this statement, you can see that I don't say "This is the best religion. Believe it or you'll suffer." I'm very accepting of what others think and believe.

well.. it's just that if you're going to introduce a new belief system complete with it's own characters ("the jury" for example, and the very concept of these guardians you talk about), anyone with a mind of their own is going to want to know the proof that such characters are real. most other religions rely on ancient texts (not that I put much faith in them myself, but you see my point) for example.

I dont think you can just make up something and expect people to take it seriously. and you dont have to make up something just to get your own viewpoints across. I guess I just seriously dont think the world needs another religion.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:31 pm
I believe that both Jesus and Moses, as well as some other people mentioned in other religions as having supernatural powers were guardians. It's OK that you don't agree with my religion. I don't think I'll get much support, so you probably won't have to worry about it, anyway.  

Guardian1239

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:31 am
Guardian1239
I believe that both Jesus and Moses, as well as some other people mentioned in other religions as having supernatural powers were guardians. It's OK that you don't agree with my religion. I don't think I'll get much support, so you probably won't have to worry about it, anyway.

I think jesus was a buddhist. at least I believe that during the years of his life missing in the bible he traveled, and in his travels he made it to india (buddhism is a good 500 years older than christianity) and learned the philosophies there.

like I said in another thread, I think you're a good guy. your belief system doesnt affect my views on you as a person. I think in your new way of seeing things you're just reflecting the same basic ideas thru a different story... a different perspective. which is what every religion does. I think they're all made up anyway. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:52 am
honestly i believe that no matter what religon you look at there is always one supreme god that rules over others ,so technically i believe in all relgions , could you please tell me alittle more about this religion you started  

KATKIBA109

Guardian1239

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:34 am
KATKIBA109
honestly i believe that no matter what religon you look at there is always one supreme god that rules over others ,so technically i believe in all relgions , could you please tell me alittle more about this religion you started

It's different from other religions in that it's a group of seven souls that judge all others, not just one. Ideas that are included in my religion are reincarnation, magic, and seeing into the future. That's a brief description. Let me know if there's anything specific you'd like to know.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:23 am
just like the last time you posted this, your religion sounds more like a guild or rp than it does a religion. besides, if someone makes up a religion, their lying to themselves because they made it up, so they know its not true.  

Christian Monroe

Aged Sex Symbol

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Wall Street 200

Guardian1239

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:34 pm
Actually, I believe in my religion. I wasn't sure at first, but because it is a combination of religions that I've altered to become more plausible to me, I've come to believe everything I've created. Of course, because of this, I haven't actually "made it up". I've used the ideas of others in parts.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff