Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
My hair.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Angel of the Heavens

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:20 pm
Ok. So I'm trying to convince my mom to let me dye my hair blond, but she keeps saying no. Do you have any ideas to get her to say yes?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:15 am
what's wrong with dying your hair blonde? how old are you? it's not like you're asking for a belly piercing. and if it doesnt turn out good you can always dye it back to your regular color.  

Calypsophia

Darling Depressant

1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:09 am
How dark is your hair?
Before you decide to dye it, you NEED to do research. If your hair is a d ark color, say black or brown, it has to be bleached. Bleaching hair kills the ends and can damage the roots.

So, if thats the case, I'd just listen to your mom unless you want to cut it all off later. Even with 'proper' treatment, you'll still kill it.

-Studies Cosmetology-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:31 am
Yeah, like what Darling Depressant said...you'd probably have to bleach it if it's a dark color like mine...

Like you, I wanted to dye my hair blonde as well...I finally got my mom to agree, I'm not sure how, but every time we've dyed it, it turns out like a red-brown color...So now, I'm trying to talk my mom in to dying it black instead.. sweatdrop
yeah, not the greatest help, but your mom, and Darling Depressant, are probably right.  

Snorlax says NO

Bashful Feeder

20,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Guardian1239

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:50 pm
There was a girl in our school that had to bleach her hair to dye it. Most of it fell out and it took her about a year to grow back.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:03 am
Well its not realy her hair. Say stuff like "If anything goes wrong, its not going to affect you" and "If I don't like it then I can die it back" Worked for me!  

Chipmint

DragonMistress333

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:43 pm
I'm also a dark headed girl who wanted to go blonde. I learned this: It's a gradual process. (Like firt you have to lighten it to a lighter brown and so forth.) I would not do it at home, but talk to your Mom maturely and see if you and a stylist can't work things out. Maybe highlights for now to see if blonde is even your color?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:15 am
DragonMistress333
I'm also a dark headed girl who wanted to go blonde. I learned this: It's a gradual process. (Like firt you have to lighten it to a lighter brown and so forth.) I would not do it at home, but talk to your Mom maturely and see if you and a stylist can't work things out. Maybe highlights for now to see if blonde is even your color?

good idea, there are different shades of blonde and a stylist could help determine which would be good with your skin color.  

Calypsophia

Nariko914

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:21 pm
Ask your mother why she said no, but do it calmly and nicely. If she gives you a good reason, like your own hair falling out from bleach, then all you can do is let it go. Respecting a parents' wishes is a lot easier than being grounded for three months.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:11 pm
You can do a list called: "why you should let me die my hair?"
It worked for me once when i wanted to go somewhere and my mom didn't want me to go there.
You can also try to bride her, by saying that if you work hard and do something she likes (like get a good grade in school), she would let you die your her. this worked for me with my exboyfriend.
Try to think about it like a sale women, who wants to make a dill with a bit strong minded costumer. wink  

shani26

baigais

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:56 pm
Well, what I did was kind of compromise.

My natural hair color is dark brown, and I wanted to do black with blue streaks.
When my mom didn't go for that I asked if I could do just black
When she didn't go for that I asked for a natural red color and she finally let me do it.

If you ask for other colors that are lighter than your own and she agrees then you can still get a change and you can work your way towards blonde. You don't necessarily have to do it all at once.

Another good suggestion that was mentioned before was to get blonde highlights.

You might even decide that it isn't your color.
Or you and your mom will both love it and you'll live happily ever after.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:25 pm
let the salon person do it. they're pro at not burning off your hair. that's what i did. make sure you ahve enough time tho. if your hair is dark brown like mine it'll take about 4-5 hrs.  

K1T3

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff