Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darling Depressant

1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:36 am
I've been here twice about relationship problems.
Though I knew somewhere deep inside, he didn't care about me - I wanted to believe I could help him anyways.
A few weeks ago he told me he had been pretending to care about me, and it was my fault for being so against drugs and alcohol. That since I couldn't accept him and his friends for doing deadly things, I was a B**ch.

Him confirming it outloud, hurt so much more then just me being paranoid and thinking it.

Because of this, I'm having a hard time eating. Good looks and smells disgusting to me; I never feel hungry. Even if my stomach is hurting from lack of food, I still dont FEEL the need to eat. I can be in pain, and still not be hungry.

When I do get around to force myself to eat, I can only take a bite or two; before I get to full. You know how you can eat to much, and your stomach'll hurt reaaaally bad? yeah, thats what happens after only one or two bites.

Though my parents have noticed my change in eating, they haven't really done anything to help me - and at the moment I can't go to the doctors about it. ( It being holidays and stuff ).

I'm worried, because I'm serverely Anemic, and suppliments don't work on me.

[For those of you who don't know what Anemia is, its a lack of a protien called B12 which clings to the iron in your blood. No b12, no iron. Which can thin blood badly, and cause horrible immunity problems.]

If anyone has suggestions on a way I can correct this by myself, it would be much appreciated. Thank you in advanced.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:21 am
since you've already been diagnosed anemic (Im assuming you have been diagnosed by a dr), you know suppliments dont work, I strongly suggest you go back to your MD to see if he can prescribe something else and also make an appt with a therapist. depression causes all kinds of problems (even physical problems) and you already have enough of that. a therapist can help with the depression side of the problem, which can inadvertantly help with the eating/anemic side of the problem.

it's the only practical advice to give.  

Calypsophia

DvnT

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:01 pm
No matter what, eat those one or two bites a day, and slowly, you'll start to feel hungry, then eat three or four, just don't start eating till you explode. Just force yourself to eat a few times a day.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:52 pm
That's the thing.
At the moment I -cant- go to the doctors.
Tis why I'm asking for advice..
And forcing myself to eat isn't going to make me hungry.
I've been doing it.
All it does is hurt my stomach.

Darling Depressant

1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:59 am
Darling Depressant
That's the thing.
I've been doing it.

why can't you go to a dr? if it's because of lack of money or insurance, there are dr's and/or hospitals who take indigent patients (low income/no insurance). where there is a will there is a way, hon. at the very least tell your parents.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:18 pm
Calypsophia
Darling Depressant
That's the thing.
I've been doing it.

why can't you go to a dr? if it's because of lack of money or insurance, there are dr's and/or hospitals who take indigent patients (low income/no insurance). where there is a will there is a way, hon. at the very least tell your parents.

No. Not because of that.
My sister got into a really bad accident about two months ago, nearly three.
So my mothers living with her, because she can't live on her own until she can drive again.
My dads working for four people in the family - so he has to work all day, all week.
I dont take public transportation because there are ALOT of bad people around here.  

Darling Depressant

1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:53 pm
Darling Depressant
Calypsophia
Darling Depressant
That's the thing.
I've been doing it.

No. Not because of that.
My sister got into a really bad accident about two months ago, nearly three.
So my mothers living with her, because she can't live on her own until she can drive again.
My dads working for four people in the family - so he has to work all day, all week.
I dont take public transportation because there are ALOT of bad people around here.

I'm sorry, but that's a terrible excuse. you've got a legitimate issue here and SOMEONE needs to be responsible for you... even you yourself. as a parent, my childs school called me once a few weeks ago and I had to leave work and go get him. I lost 6 hrs of pay that day, but I went because it was *my* responsibility. barring that possibility for your parents tho, how about other family members? get a best friends parent to take you and have your mother or father sign a letter stating they give their consent for said-parent to take you and for them to prescribe whatever is necessary. as I said, where there's a will there's a way. your sibling may have medical problems but you also have a serious medical problem and should not be neglected.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:37 pm
It seems this definently stems from depression. It's difficult to deal with heartbreak, especially when the other person doesn't like you because you were trying to help them. The first thing you have to do is tell yourself that you were right for trying to make him stop the drinking and drugs. If he won't accept your help then he will probably be drunk and stoned his entire life. burning_eyes I doubt you want to live that life, since you sound like a good girl.

The best thing to do is to turn to your friends for support. Get out and go shopping or do something you like. If you're alone, you'll just keep thinking about him, and that will make it worse. If you hang out with friends, it will help you forget him. If you still can't eat, then force yourself. If you're anemic it's very important that you eat. Don't try to sit down and eat a meal, nibble on snacks or something. Chocolate will also make you feel better if you have any to eat. Chocolate is the natural anti-depressant. 3nodding

Guardian1239

Ombrophobia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:06 pm
I'm sorry about your relationship issues hon. This idea of not eating seems foreign to me since, when I had problems with my boyfriend, I would eat to feel better...

My advice is to try and eat some every day, at every meal. Like even if it's only a couple bites, at a time. My little sister's best friend went to the hospital because of anorexia, and it's an ugly disease. It's really scary too. Now she's fine, but she has an eating schedule she has to follow.

About your boyfriend, I know it feels like you still love him, and this may be hard for you to hear, but from what I've read, he's a b*****d. You deserve better. I know it feels like you can't love anyone else, but hon there's gonna be a guy who'll love you, no matter what you do or say, and who'll cherish every word that comes out of your mouth. You deserve that. You deserve someone who'll love you. He'll come, don't worry hon. You just have to wait.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:50 am
Well, not all parents in the world are responsible. Even if I asked my parents about it, they would just think I was lying - as always. Proof being? Three years ago I popped my knee cap out of place, and it took me two years to convince my parents that I needed to go to the doctor. When I did, they said that if nothing was wrong I was grounded. Guess what? I have torn tendons and ligiments, plus fluid build up in my right knee - and even with a doctor telling them this, another year has gone by with nothing being done about it.

I honestly don't think they'd take me to the doctors for an eating problem. My dad, I can understand. He has alot of problems because of his work - so I dont blame him one bit. But my mom? She threatened to leave the family just because we didn't want her smoking ciggerates in the house. That says enough about her.

As for the friends. I live near Washington DC. Basically all the people my age, are into drugs or so obsessed with getting laid they pay attention to nothing else. After I left school, I basically stopped talking to all my friends. They were no longer interested in being friends with me - since I decided to leave the s**t ridden school I was forced to go to; I 'abandoned' them. I have one good friend left. And her mother hates me to death - so that's out of the picture.

Also, I can't blame my dad for having to work all the time. He's taking responsibilty the best he can, but at the moment we're at a 70 thosand debt because of what happened to me sister. The room cost alone of ICU was over 41 thosand - and the insurence didn't cover it all. Not only that, but my dad also had to pay off 30 thosand dollars to the lease company so his shop wouldn't be closed down, becuase the person who was supposed to buy it backed out at the last minute.

Chocolate is a natural sex phormone for women. x)

I know good and well he's a b*****d. I'm having nothing to do with him - or trying, rather. He wont leave me alone, after telling me he was pretending to love me for an entire year. When I asked him to leave me alone, he called me a b***h - yet again, and blocked me. Now he's taking crap about me to my neighbor.

I know this all seems like some wild fairy tale; everything bad happening at once. And it may not be true, as not even people who know me in person believe me.

But it really is. My life has always been filled with bad things, happening one after another. And for the most part, I could deal with it. But, this pushed me over the edge - as you can see.

Thank you for all the advise though.  

Darling Depressant

1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Guardian1239

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:46 pm
Darling Depressant
Chocolate is a natural sex phormone for women. x)

eek Are you sure? It doesn't really matter to me since I'm allergic to it, anyway, but that's interesting.

Darling Depressant
I know this all seems like some wild fairy tale; everything bad happening at once. And it may not be true, as not even people who know me in person believe me.

But it really is. My life has always been filled with bad things, happening one after another. And for the most part, I could deal with it. But, this pushed me over the edge - as you can see.

It would probably be called a demon tale, not a fairy tale question . Anyway, you really shouldn't give up so easily. The strongest people are the ones who face hardships and overcome them. You can think of it as a test. Just ignoring your problems or being consumed by them is the fastest way to fail. I think you'd have rather found this out about your boyfriend before the relationship went on any longer. You should watch some happy videos or read books from your childhood. I know that always cheers me up.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:07 pm
Find a church. Seriously. I'm not saying be a Christian, I'm not saying find religion, but a good church will go out of their way to help anyone. Many churches offer counseling, too, a lot of it for free. Most likely, if you get involved with a good church you won't have religion forced onto you, you'll make good friends with better moral standards than the ones you were hanging out with, and there will be a great support system of counselors and adults that want to help.

Just look into it, it can't hurt anything.

Your stomach probably hurts because you're not eating, so when you do eat it's something your body isn't quite used to anymore. Keep trying.  

Ryoukai

6,550 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

shani26

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:57 am
I am not a doctor but i know this. There is a disses caused by stress who makes your stomach hurt. I once did a reflexology to a woman who had this thing. I try to teach her to relax and breve more, and it help her.
You can do a mediation try to relax, and then imagine yourself eating. After that try to really eat.
I would really like to know if it works for you.
PM me if you want to talk.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:32 pm
this may sound negative but STOP KILLING YOURSELF!!!! simply block him out of your mind as he did to you. bad people like screwing with nice people. it makes them feel bigger if you let them. are you gonna let him walk all over you? stand up for yourself and stop being the helpless girl. you have the power to change all this. here's my advice USE IT!!! take a stroll ride a bike take a hobby do something to take your mind off such an irresponsible *******************. people whot ake drugs and stuff liek that will die sooner or later. don't beat yourself up that he wouldn't listen to you. his choice. it's not a mistake that he chose to do drugs. it was an error in judgment. now looka t him. he's lost the will to tell them difference between good or bad. keep mya dvice in mind and you'll be fine :3  

K1T3

Naitomosu

2,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:08 pm
Quote:
No matter what, eat those one or two bites a day, and slowly, you'll start to feel hungry, then eat three or four, just don't start eating till you explode. Just force yourself to eat a few times a day.

Quote:
Find a church. Seriously. I'm not saying be a Christian, I'm not saying find religion, but a good church will go out of their way to help anyone. Many churches offer counseling, too, a lot of it for free. Most likely, if you get involved with a good church you won't have religion forced onto you, you'll make good friends with better moral standards than the ones you were hanging out with, and there will be a great support system of counselors and adults that want to help.

Just look into it, it can't hurt anything.

Your stomach probably hurts because you're not eating, so when you do eat it's something your body isn't quite used to anymore. Keep trying.

The above comments are VERY WISE. And your old bf was into drugs? You are too good for him. Still force yourself to eat that 2 bites. Can you still drink? If so, drink Vitinmin Water. I suggest DragonFruit because it has the most vitimans.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff