PDF Rules ()

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Khalida Nyoka
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:09 pm
To keep things simple, Utasa hasn't been crew for a long time. I am now re-doing the rules for this sub-forum.

While this may be a debate-type sub-forum, these rules are not up for discussion.

1.) You are wrong. Always.

If you ever want to discuss philosophy, you must accept from the very start that you could easily be wrong. I advise practicing saying "I'm wrong" out loud until you're comfortable with actually being wrong.

2.) Avoid making repeat threads. If I find a thread that seems too similar to an already existing one, the new one will first be locked, and then deleted (a link will be provided to the old thread).

2. a.) Necroing topics is allowed. If you "necro" a topic, and wish to take the conversation a different direction, please say so in plain, simple, terms.

3.) If anyone starts to get a little too wrapped up in something, it is suggested they take a break.

3. a. ) failure to calm down resulting in childish behavior will receive exactly two warnings. The third occurrence will result in the standard "Why Not?" temporary ban.

4.) I am to be pmed first with problems in this sub-forum, as it should be obvious I'm the only crew member that actually cares to show up here.

5.) If you make a claim, the burden of proof is on you. None of this "prove me wrong" business (which, thankfully, I haven't seen in here).

6.) Arguing from revelation is not valid. If something finally clicked for you, someone else probably got famous for it a few decades (maybe centuries) ago.

As a result, please try and cite your sources. I'd recommend staying away from holy texts, as that would require a person to prove their soul exists, or that the Deity exists (for obvious reasons, this is not easily done).

As I think of appropriate additions, I'll put " (Update) " in the title of this announcement, so everyone will know that something has been changed/fixed/added.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:12 am
Is it just me or this thread was remade? I remember there were more than two other posts... and why where those posts erased?  

Kagayaku Shirou

"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff