Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Religious Conflict? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:09 pm
I'm going through a tough emotional time that I have no clue as to wh its happening. My bf used to be Wiccan and now he's changed into a Christian. And here I am crying. I'm all for his decision and yet part of isn't. That part feels betrayed. I don't know why I feel this way. I mean I was judged when I was in the 8th grade because I was Buddhist. I don't want this to happen again or something worse to happen. I was Catholic. But gave it up when I realized what I believed in to me was a sham. So what should I do?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:13 am
-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-
I'm going through a tough emotional time that I have no clue as to wh its happening. My bf used to be Wiccan and now he's changed into a Christian. And here I am crying. I'm all for his decision and yet part of isn't. That part feels betrayed. I don't know why I feel this way. I mean I was judged when I was in the 8th grade because I was Buddhist. I don't want this to happen again or something worse to happen. I was Catholic. But gave it up when I realized what I believed in to me was a sham. So what should I do?

do nothing. are you still buddhist? your best action at this point is no-action. as a buddhist you must remember that suffering comes from clinging, and in this case you're clinging to how you think things should be, rather than accepting them as they are. this is true even if you're no longer buddhist.

no matter what you are, unless he starts preaching to you how YOU should be, you should try to accept and support his decision. it is, after all, his to make.  

Calypsophia

TashiaGirl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:49 am
I agree with Claypsophia. Don't cling. For one it doesn't look good, for second it doesn't help at all. Support him, don't bring up the religious things when you talk. THe best thing is to just act like nothing has changed. But if he tries to convert you to Christian... Then you should tell him to back off. It is his life not yours, but if he tries to change yours then that is a shame. Does he act like he used to? Don't mind. Its his life. Enjoy yours. Good luck.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:23 pm
Thanks you guys. Everything's fine I think it was because of the stress of exams (mainly the stress of passing Goverentment) that caused my panic attack. He acts like the same insane goofy stoner that I know and love. He's not trying to convert me I guess but more trying to get me to understand the logic behind his reasoning. He's not apart of any denomination but his own.

I'm still a Buddhist even though I'm Wiccan. I'm possibly maybe a little Catholic. The thing about me though is that I take the things I know and use them throughout my life and the principles I learned are what shape my personal beliefs.  

-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:19 am
-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-
Thanks you guys. Everything's fine I think it was because of the stress of exams (mainly the stress of passing Goverentment) that caused my panic attack. He acts like the same insane goofy stoner that I know and love. He's not trying to convert me I guess but more trying to get me to understand the logic behind his reasoning. He's not apart of any denomination but his own.

I'm still a Buddhist even though I'm Wiccan. I'm possibly maybe a little Catholic. The thing about me though is that I take the things I know and use them throughout my life and the principles I learned are what shape my personal beliefs.

buddhist philosophy can coincide with just about any religion, but I cant see how one could be both catholic (or any christian denomination) and wiccan at the same time, for the simple fact that christianity denounces ALL other gods and goddesses of pagan faiths along with witches in general (even persecuted them), while wicca -a form of witchcraft- embraces a whole host of various pantheons presiding with the Lord and Lady. but that's really for another discussion.

regardless, I'm glad you're feeling better and all is well. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:20 pm
Calypsophia
-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-

buddhist philosophy can coincide with just about any religion, but I cant see how one could be both catholic (or any christian denomination) and wiccan at the same time, for the simple fact that christianity denounces ALL other gods and goddesses of pagan faiths along with witches in general (even persecuted them), while wicca -a form of witchcraft- embraces a whole host of various pantheons presiding with the Lord and Lady. but that's really for another discussion.

I'm just weird like that. I think maybe there is a possibility that something might have created us. And that everything that happens is possibly his Will. And maybe there is an afterlife.

But the people that persecuted the Wiccans and even still call Wicca evil and devil worship aren't really Christians. How can you call yourself a Christian and think badly on others. That's ******** up.

And thank you. ^___^v  

-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:04 pm
-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-
Calypsophia
-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-

I'm just weird like that. I think maybe there is a possibility that something might have created us. And that everything that happens is possibly his Will. And maybe there is an afterlife.

But the people that persecuted the Wiccans and even still call Wicca evil and devil worship aren't really Christians. How can you call yourself a Christian and think badly on others. That's ******** up.

And thank you. ^___^v

ok, then in wicca the God and Goddess created everything. all the various other pagan beliefs have a creation myth too.. the Norse, the Celts, American Indian, Hindu Indian, Greek, Roman, Mayan... you name it. the only thing that *really* makes someone "christian" is if they truly believe Jesus was divine (son of god) and died for our sins, and was resurrected (the last one is the biggie). how they act towards others, how ever screwed up it might be... technically, is secondary. a catholic might not consider a lutheran a 'real' christian.. a lutheran might not consider a baptist a 'real' christian.. a baptist might not consider a mormon a 'real' christian. but they're all christians tho the only thing that holds them together in that category is those 3 beliefs about Jesus.

also, in the bible it says (tho it was wrongly translated, it's what people adhere to) "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live".

and you're welcome smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:43 pm
It seems you are uncomfortable with your boyfriend having different ideas than you. I can see why you feel this way, but you should try and accept his ideas. I've created my own religion, Guardianism, if you want to take a look.  

Guardian1239

-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:52 pm
Guardian1239
It seems you are uncomfortable with your boyfriend having different ideas than you. I can see why you feel this way, but you should try and accept his ideas. I've created my own religion, Guardianism, if you want to take a look.

Thank you but I'm fine. I am quite comfortable with his beliefs and ideas. Did you read the whole topic? Every single thread?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:38 pm
-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-
Guardian1239

Thank you but I'm fine. I am quite comfortable with his beliefs and ideas. Did you read the whole topic? Every single thread?

Yes, I always read every thread in a topic before posting (within reason).  

Guardian1239

cocokittyrocks37

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:05 pm
John 3:16  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:03 am
-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-
Calypsophia
-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-

And thank you. ^___^v

I agree. If he's really trying to be truly Christian, he should never, ever persecute you for what you believe. I think you should definitely respect his choice, and hear it out, which it sounds like you're doing. It's very important to know what your significant other believes, and why. If you don't learn about his faith, and he goes through with it and really lives by the faith he's chosen, there will be a gap. I've tried dating someone who was not a Christian, and I didn't try to explain to him why I believed what I did, and he didn't want to know. It was, needless to say, not a good relationship (but that's not the only reason why lol).
Basically, respect his choice, love him the same, and be open minded, because I'm sure he's doing the same for you, from the way it sounds.  

Ryoukai

6,550 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

mistymorning14

3,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:37 am
Calypsophia
-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-
Calypsophia
-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-

And thank you. ^___^v

ok, then in wicca the God and Goddess created everything. all the various other pagan beliefs have a creation myth too.. the Norse, the Celts, American Indian, Hindu Indian, Greek, Roman, Mayan... you name it. the only thing that *really* makes someone "christian" is if they truly believe Jesus was divine (son of god) and died for our sins, and was resurrected (the last one is the biggie). how they act towards others, how ever screwed up it might be... technically, is secondary. a catholic might not consider a lutheran a 'real' christian.. a lutheran might not consider a baptist a 'real' christian.. a baptist might not consider a mormon a 'real' christian. but they're all christians tho the only thing that holds them together in that category is those 3 beliefs about Jesus.

also, in the bible it says (tho it was wrongly translated, it's what people adhere to) "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live".

and you're welcome smile

I am a Christian. Christians are told to do the following.

Matthew 5:43-45 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)

Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
[NIV at IBS] [International Bible Society] [NIV at Zondervan] [Zondervan]

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous."

Now I don't want to get into a religious debate but the people who burned witches throughout the ages may have said that they were Christians but I believe that somewhere along the way they were misguided. I am not one to judge though. Also personally I believe certain aspects of Wiccan is evil while others are not.

On the subject of your boyfriends new belief in Christ, I would suggest listening to him and then explaining to him that it makes you uncomfortable. A Christian shouldn't push their religion down someone else's throat.

Misty  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:53 pm
mistymorning14
Calypsophia
-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-
Calypsophia
-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-

And thank you. ^___^v

and you're welcome smile

I am a Christian. Christians are told to do the following.

Matthew 5:43-45 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)

Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
[NIV at IBS] [International Bible Society] [NIV at Zondervan] [Zondervan]

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous."

Now I don't want to get into a religious debate but the people who burned witches throughout the ages may have said that they were Christians but I believe that somewhere along the way they were misguided. I am not one to judge though. Also personally I believe certain aspects of Wiccan is evil while others are not.

On the subject of your boyfriends new belief in Christ, I would suggest listening to him and then explaining to him that it makes you uncomfortable. A Christian shouldn't push their religion down someone else's throat.

Misty

Don't worry though I do know what aspects of Wicca you're talking about (the black magic right.) And I have converted in some way to Christianity. But I still keep my other beliefs sacred. I understand what my boyfriend is talking about more than what any other believer pastor whatever would talk about. But doin't worry everything is okay. ^__^v  

-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-

mistymorning14

3,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:22 am
smile Glad to hear that. It just annoys me when people bring up the bad things that "Christians" have done in the past. Like the witch trials and the crusades. Its not really our fault for what ancient, now dead people did hundreds of years ago. biggrin

Misty  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces