Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Difficult?
  why, yes. yes indeed
  No, the solution is easy: Shoot her
View Results

baigais

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:03 pm
Like, I seriously wish that she didn't exist, or something, so I'd have a little bit of freedom.

I haven't been with my girlfriend for very long, only about two months, but she comes to hang out with me during our lunch period and her best friend, Caroline, is always tagging along with her.

When she's around, none of my friends talk because she's always talking, she talks crap about pretty much everybody I know when they're out of earshot, and my girlfriend always talks to her instead of me when she is around.

Caroline and I have had problems with each other since we met, so it isn't anything like a jealousy issue, I'm sure, and I think that she's been trying to mend the bridge a little, but I've pretty much come to accept that she just isn't somebody that I can click with.

And one of my girlfriend's acquaintances introduced himself to me and asked what my name was I said "Oh, my name's Lindsay." And he turns to my girlfriend and says, "Oh... is this the Lindsay that Caroline was talking about?" So I'm sitting there all confused and he turns to me and he's like, "There was a Lindsay that she was calling some really bad names." So I got a bit upset, but I tried not to show it, and I said that it was probably me. He's says, "Oh, she called you a c**t."
So I've pretty much decided that I'm not going to be friends with her any time soon.

But despite how much I really don't like her, my girlfriend does. So I'm trying to figure out how if I should ask her to just go somewhere else with Caroline during our lunch period, or just ignore her, or try to set aside our differences or what.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:29 pm
hmm. just because shes your gf best friend does not mean that you have to like her or be friends with her. I think you should talk to your girlfriend privately and tell her that you prefer spending time with her alone(in the nicest way possible) because if you come randomly and tell her best friend to go away. your girlfriend will probably be very angry with you. and you will seem like the bad person in the situation. i hope this advice helps at least a little.  

Anabethe

shani26

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:07 pm
meleny7
hmm. just because shes your gf best friend does not mean that you have to like her or be friends with her. I think you should talk to your girlfriend privately and tell her that you prefer spending time with her alone(in the nicest way possible) because if you come randomly and tell her best friend to go away. your girlfriend will probably be very angry with you. and you will seem like the bad person in the situation. i hope this advice helps at least a little.

I agree, it is only natural that you want to spend your time alone with her.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:07 am
gah I had the same thing happen to me once, my boyfriends best friend was a total a** and talked crap about me behind my back too. In the end though, I didn't make an ultimatum, him or me, I was just like we can spend time alone and then you can spend time alone with him as well. At school its harder though, maybe try and get the girl and boyfriend so she'll have someone else to hang with hehe.  

Rajeshri Anjal

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:18 pm
how often outside of school do you get to hang out with your gf, and is Caroline there outside of school as well? it's OK that you dont like the girl, no one can like everybody and some people simply dont click. but aside from lunch, how often otherwise do you have to deal with her?

if you have ample opportunity to see your gf outside of school w/o Caroline, then having to deal with this Caroline while in school during lunch shouldnt be such a big deal. just as you are entitled to dislike whoever you choose, so likewise is your gf entitled to like and hangout with whoever she chooses.

if you dont have much opportunity to see your gf outside of school, then talk to your gf. tell her that it's bad enough you hardly see eachother as it is and since you see eachother primarily only at school you'd like the privalege of having her to yourself once in a while. tell her you dont want to dictate who she hangs out with, but ask her to have respect enough for you to not bring Caroline around everytime you see her.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games