First Avatar Entry

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

James Screwtape

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:06 pm
User Image

I had a long story typed up but I had no idea there was a 1000 character limit to the description so when I clicked 'back' to save what I'd written then cut it down it was gone! Sooo...you'll just have to take a look at the shortened description:

Infantryman Jonathan Willoughby of Her Majesty's Royal Infantry, snuck about his own encampment and slit the throats of his fellow soldiers as an act of defiance against the crown. He snuck across with severed heads to the Revolutionary camp where he was lauded for his bravery by the lower class soldiers. The next day they fired the heads back at the British out of their cannons.

His punishment in Hell is to have his head blown up repeatedly by gunpowder inside a steel head trap as a reminder of his actions.

I hope this goes over well with the general Gaia consensus, but I can see it being a little too much to think about for some, or they just won't appreciate the history. Sure I made it up, but in the original I had it set at Yorktown in October 1781, and there was a whole backstory for the character. He was a pirate and he'd been conscripted into the army and was treated much worse as an infantryman than he had as a hand on his old ship. And before this he was in a position to sometimes send money back to his aging mother, but then he no longer had the ability to do so. He'd gotten news that she'd died (which was actually false) the day before he decided to murder those men. So in addition to the irony of going insane and killing them under false pretenses, I also like the double irony of him being punished for killing soldiers while a war was going on. The idea is that the battle may not have been won without his actions and therefore the Revolutionary War may have never been won as this occurred on the night before the final battle of the war (until a bit later...as you know).

http://www.gaiaonline.com/avatararena/?mode=vote&postid=4557&key=56rgz6

VOTE! PLEASE!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:20 am
Ok! Me vote!  

BabyLunarWolf

"SOA" $hops and Other Advertising ¢

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items