Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
Love true or not? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is love?
  a feeling that comes from the heart a bond that can't be broken.
  something we like that doesn't last long
  almost like a game we keep rolling the dice to see how long it lasts
  a tool we use to break each others hearts
  a weapon we use to lay distruction and confusion in uor wake
View Results

Deathlord89

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:03 pm
Love i love my girlfriend , but is it love or is she just using me. Can love ever be real, or is it just some toy we cant stop fiddiling with.Can you actually ever love some one? These are answers we all want to know and the only way to answer it is to look into that pit of emmotions we call a heart and find the answer.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:05 pm
Deathlord89
Love i love my girlfriend , but is it love or is she just using me. Can love ever be real, or is it just some toy we cant stop fiddiling with.Can you actually ever love some one? These are answers we all want to know and the only way to answer it is to look into that pit of emmotions we call a heart and find the answer.

sure love could be real. you love your parents dont you? love can be felt in different ways... the love you feel for your gf isnt quite the same as your love for your mother.. but it's love. now, whether she's using you or not, I dont know. that would be more a topic for the Advice sub-forum.  

Calypsophia

azrael the reaper_95210

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:34 am
as i have said many times before, I believe there is a love of those close to you, be it your friends, family, pets, etc, but I certainly do not believe in love at first sight(nothing but lust, really). how long have you know her? how long have you been togeather? how long have you been friends? if none are really too long, then I am doughtful..... though it still could be love.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:34 pm
If she has given you any reason to believe she may be using you, then it is a possibility. Don't neglect the potential for you just dreaming issues up, however.

Love exists, as Calypso and Azrael have said. Unlike azrael, I do believe in love at first sight, and would find great satisfaction in all this if you and your girlfriend were really in love.

Can you ever love someone?
Yes, you can. Whether or not the feelings are reciprocated is a different matter.  

Khalida Nyoka
Vice Captain

Je Suis La Vie

Liberal Millionaire

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:48 pm
In my belief, TRUE love is love you feel for everyone...because that is the only love that doesn't cause suffering.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:16 pm
Our English word "Love" is really an abused word. I said in another forum that someone really should make up 31 more words for the different meanings for love, because the Eskimos have 32 and we have one. The difference between saying you "love" my shoes and telling your girlfriend you "love" her is vast. You don't love my shoes the same way you love your girlfriend. You don't love your girlfriend the same way you love your mom. You don't love your mom the same way you love your friends. Sometimes love can be replaced by "like." As in the case of friends. You have a different love for things depending on what the thing is and what sort of relationship you have with it. The kind of love you feel for someone or something is greatly related to the feelings you would have if it were gone. Example: I love the shoes I'm wearing. I also love my boyfriend. If my shoes fell into a pool of vicious sharks, I would definitely let them be torn apart and eaten. If my boyfriend fell into a pool of vicious sharks, I would definitely do everything within my power to save him.  

Andromeda Zreng

azrael the reaper_95210

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:59 pm
jensenns
Our English word "Love" is really an abused word. I said in another forum that someone really should make up 31 more words for the different meanings for love, because the Eskimos have 32 and we have one. The difference between saying you "love" my shoes and telling your girlfriend you "love" her is vast. You don't love my shoes the same way you love your girlfriend. You don't love your girlfriend the same way you love your mom. You don't love your mom the same way you love your friends. Sometimes love can be replaced by "like." As in the case of friends. You have a different love for things depending on what the thing is and what sort of relationship you have with it. The kind of love you feel for someone or something is greatly related to the feelings you would have if it were gone. Example: I love the shoes I'm wearing. I also love my boyfriend. If my shoes fell into a pool of vicious sharks, I would definitely let them be torn apart and eaten. If my boyfriend fell into a pool of vicious sharks, I would definitely do everything within my power to save him.

yes, of course. this is why i both believ and dis believe in love. because there are different kinds, and i do not believe in all the different forms. (EX: "love at first sight". it is lust.....not love.....)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:28 am
azrael the reaper
jensenns

yes, of course. this is why i both believ and dis believe in love. because there are different kinds, and i do not believe in all the different forms. (EX: "love at first sight". it is lust.....not love.....)

@example: I agree. It's lust and then afterward becomes love. I don't really believe I "love" my shoes, either... I just like them a whole lot. So who wants to help me come up with 31 more words for "love"?

I'm not really serious.

Andromeda Zreng

hydaIV

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:00 pm
Deathlord89

well i love my girlfriend alot. i think there is love. u might not always be happy with someone but if u love them u will find it easy to forgive them and u will always have someone by ur side. true love is when u trust someone enough to let them into ur life fo good. "u dont get girlfriends/boyfriends, u earn them"  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:38 am
you don't love your girlfriend, asmuch as you want to, you can't. we are all heartless, cold, loveless people, we want to love but we cannot, we like, but not love, if you could you would, but you can't. sorry, it's the truth.  

akira-otomo

vballlvr77

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:40 pm
heart love isnt something that just happens over night.
i think its lik a plant or sumthin. u hav to take care of it and cherish it. and if its real, it grows over time, if its not, it just dIeS. if u hav love your lucky. not just the kind of love u hav for your family or friends, the love u hav for someone different. someone you want to spend the rest of ur life with. someone you care about and lOvE. theres different kinds of love, but they all mean the same thing, heart  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:28 pm
As young individuals we fall in love many times, with many different people. I have heard from older people, you don't really understand what love is until you are older, and when it comes along you really just know. Its when you can survive through the big and large arguments. Were saying "I Love You" is actually met and actually true to the heart. Where your life and the world you love in would never be the same if you did not have the chance to meet this person. Were you would give up anything and everything for this person because thats how important and in love you are with them. You might think you are really in love, but personally I think that you just known when you really are. "To Find Love is a treasure, your heart becomes a beach but the footprints stay forever." - Me.  

Raw_Chick

zoncki_cara

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:31 pm
well i think love is an emotion that we feel when we care about someone. but i don't really believe that true love exists. that kind of love is something i believe humans are incapable of feeling. we'd have to become completely and fully self actualized before we could truly care about someone else enough to actually feel any sense of true love for them. we're programmed from birth to do wat we need too to survive. the only time we'd feel we needed someone and couldn't survive without them is the simple fact that our genes are attracted to their genes. their traits look good so there fore we want to mate with them. sex is really the only reason we do anything, we wan't to look good so that we can find a mate to reproduce our genes and ensure our race, we just use "love" as a justification for it. we as humans as we have evolved have begun to ask why we do things and thusly have also begun to justify the things we do. ok so now i'm just ranting and i think i went in a circle.

feel free to pm me.  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:02 pm
love...
what are we without it?
I'll tell you what we are without it.
86 cents worth of trace elements.  

Mad Haru

ekitten614

Tipsy Genius

10,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:21 pm
I think love is so crazy it is not even funny. And we need at least fifty words to use instead of love! I have to restrain myself from telling my friends I love them, because they take it the wrong way. I shouldn't have to, but that's how our society is. I think if your love is true... then it'll last a long time, and that's one of the only things I can think of to test it. If you really love your gf, you won't get anxious and start flirting with other girls after a couple months, you'll still be happy with her.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff