Reply "PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place
Difference?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Goddess Lia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:30 pm
What the difference between Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald??

Cause I want to get one a used one from GameStop for i can get the pokemon from that region. and be able to use the Ball Park.

Pokemon Ranger for manaphy  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:40 pm
In Ruby, you cannot obtain Kyogre or Latias. Probably some other non-legendary pokemon you can't get, either, but I could always breed those for you. There are some pokemon in Diamond / Pearl that only appear when the Pokemon Ruby cartridge is inserted into your game but I can breed all of those for you.

In Sapphire, you cannot obtain Groudon or Latios. Same deal with Ruby above ; I can take care of the other unobtainable pokemon.

In Emerald, you can obtain both Kyogre, Groudon, and one of either Latios or Latias. (In other words, you get to choose.) However, Emerald cannot hook up with a US Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc to obtain a Jirachi (only Ruby and Sapphire can do that.)

Technically, Emerald also has the ability to allow you to obtain Mew, Ho-oh, Lugia, and Deoxys, but those are Nintendo-activated events only. You'll really only be able to get them by cheating.

Emerald also can't trade with FireRed / LeafGreen until it has beaten the Elite Four. (Although it can trade with Ruby and Sapphire no problem, and those can trade with FireRed and LeafGreen whenever you want.) Emerald also can't trade for eggs or national dex pokemon until it has the national dex.

If you were to go with one game, I'd say go with Emerald.  

Nadian
Crew

Jackalope2
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:33 pm
Nadian
In Ruby, you cannot obtain Kyogre or Latias. Probably some other non-legendary pokemon you can't get, either, but I could always breed those for you. There are some pokemon in Diamond / Pearl that only appear when the Pokemon Ruby cartridge is inserted into your game but I can breed all of those for you.

In Sapphire, you cannot obtain Groudon or Latios. Same deal with Ruby above ; I can take care of the other unobtainable pokemon.

In Emerald, you can obtain both Kyogre, Groudon, and one of either Latios or Latias. (In other words, you get to choose.) However, Emerald cannot hook up with a US Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc to obtain a Jirachi (only Ruby and Sapphire can do that.)

Technically, Emerald also has the ability to allow you to obtain Mew, Ho-oh, Lugia, and Deoxys, but those are Nintendo-activated events only. You'll really only be able to get them by cheating.

Emerald also can't trade with FireRed / LeafGreen until it has beaten the Elite Four. (Although it can trade with Ruby and Sapphire no problem, and those can trade with FireRed and LeafGreen whenever you want.) Emerald also can't trade for eggs or national dex pokemon until it has the national dex.

Emerald also has some extras, such as the Battle Frontier. I wasn't able to get very far into it before my GBA stuff vanished, but the Battle Frontier is an excellent addition I've heard. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:40 pm
Jackalope2
Nadian

Emerald also has some extras, such as the Battle Frontier. I wasn't able to get very far into it before my GBA stuff vanished, but the Battle Frontier is an excellent addition I've heard. 3nodding

Okay, on that note, Emerald is important 'cause it has access to Move Tutors that Ruby and Sapphire don't. I believe it's the primary source of elemental punches (Thunderpunch, Ice Punch, etc) for pokemon that can't learn it through level up or breeding. Blissey learns Seismic Toss from one of those Move Tutors as well and is the #1 reason I haven't tried making a more standard Blissey design.  

Nadian
Crew

Jshin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:37 am
Nadian
Jackalope2
Nadian

Okay, on that note, Emerald is important 'cause it has access to Move Tutors that Ruby and Sapphire don't. I believe it's the primary source of elemental punches (Thunderpunch, Ice Punch, etc) for pokemon that can't learn it through level up or breeding. Blissey learns Seismic Toss from one of those Move Tutors as well and is the #1 reason I haven't tried making a more standard Blissey design.

You know, a number of people find breeding in the third gen games to be better than in the fourth. This is due to that one IV guy, faster bike speed, easy Ditto catching.

However, those people probably don't have a second DS and have to rely on either less precise methods (Rare Candy a few levels, attributes, etc) or go to the trouble of finding an IV battle.

However, the lack of a force to 100 option in link battling really hampers my desire to try. However, I would consider it, but unfortunately all of our machinery for speedy breeding (IV, nature Dittos) are in the fourth gen. That, and I don't have a lot of time on my hands sad  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:33 am
So basically Emerald is better.... Only Problem is the Mew, Ho-oh Lugia and Deoxys won't be obtained.

I wish they kept the events or someone who keeps the event open for late participants... like me.

How many D/P Event has there been...

@everyone: No one knows about the Used version of Pokemon Ranger, if it still gives the Manaphy is you restart a game?  

Goddess Lia

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:11 am
Hopefully, the rumored upcoming Darkrai event will give us the item to get Darkrai (instead of a direct download) and I'll be able to produce unlimited legit Darkrai for the foreseeable future.

On the Manaphy question, I can see that you're only allowed to transfer Manaphy once (the egg leaves Pokemon Ranger and enters Diamond / Pearl.) A Google search finds both "yes" and "no" answers, but none of the people that say "yes" have said they've done it ; they're not very trustworthy.

It sounds like, when you reset the game, it doesn't reset the information concerning whether or not a Manaphy has been sent. People have mentioned obtaining a used game and being unable to obtain a Manaphy.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:58 am
O.o Darkrai!!! 4laugh I'll have to see if it will be held where I live.
Lets hope they will let you produce more legit Darkrai.
Speaking of Darkrai, I never got to finish watching the movie, the recorder stopped recording around the time where Ash and Dawn where running up the stairs to play Oración. crying
((they ate the ' on the "o" and it sound wierd since it's a spanish word. It sounded more as Oration))

Aww chucks, so i'll have to get it original then...  

Goddess Lia

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:18 pm
Goddess Lia
O.o Darkrai!!! 4laugh I'll have to see if it will be held where I live.
Lets hope they will let you produce more legit Darkrai.
Speaking of Darkrai, I never got to finish watching the movie, the recorder stopped recording around the time where Ash and Dawn where running up the stairs to play Oración. crying
((they ate the ' on the "o" and it sound wierd since it's a spanish word. It sounded more as Oration))

Aww chucks, so i'll have to get it original then...

There's nothing confirmed about said Darkrai event, else I would have made more noise about it. Last heard, PokeBeach.com had mentioned a Toys-R-Us Darkrai poster, with April as the time frame. However, I have not heard of any independent confirmation.

So, at best, consider it a rumor, I suppose.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:33 am
if you have a choice. i'd get emerald. because its the "better" version of the two, where you can catch Groudon, and Kyogre.  

Yodudeisback

"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff