Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shut up!
  No this will never work.
  You could at list try.
View Results

shani26

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:51 pm
I started to go to a new school, and i have truble to concntrait in class. Most of my class mates talk in the middle of the class, and i have trouble to hear the teacher.
I left once a school because i couldn't study like that. What should i do now? Should i tell poeple to: "shut the hell up," but in a nice way, or should i just be quite sit in the first row, and hope for the best?
What would you do if you were me?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:07 am
sit quiet in the first row and hope for the best. when the noise gets too much, raise your hand, call the teacher over and tell her you're having trouble following/concentrating because of the noise. the teacher should be more in control of the class anyway.  

Calypsophia

shani26

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:51 am
I don't know, the teacher would probably feel bad about that. If there is noise she should tell the class to be quite, but i don't think i should tell her what to do.
I pay money to be in the class, but i don't know if i should act like i am the boss of her.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:38 pm
If you are paying for the class you should definitely complain. I don't think its fair that you are paying for the class and aren't getting anything from it because people are acting like little kids and talking during class. In my school that's not tolerated. if they talk they would get kicked out. you should sit in the first row and if they continue to talk and you can't listen you might want to complain. 3nodding  

Anabethe

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:26 am
shani26
I don't know, the teacher would probably feel bad about that. If there is noise she should tell the class to be quite, but i don't think i should tell her what to do.
I pay money to be in the class, but i don't know if i should act like i am the boss of her.

it's her responsibility to control the class. explaining your problem isnt telling her what to do. since you pay to be in that class, and want to learn, you should be provided an atmosphere conductive to learning. else, your money could be wasted.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:37 pm
My English class is a lot like that. If you can't learn that way, first, get the lectures on podcast if you can. Second, ask politely for them to shut up. Third, Sit in the front and make sure to ask questions if you didn't hear. (Hopefully they allow that) Fourth, you may want to ask someone in your class about the parts you didn't hear/understand because of talking.
Hope these help!  

fairywaif

Armadia

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:27 pm
I would talk to your teacher. They tend to crack down a bit harder on people who talk when they know it is affecting other people...also, it makes your teacher aware that you are struggling and maybe you can arrange some different studying methods...like working in the hall or library, or getting the notes to take home and copy.
Also, have you ever been tested for ADD/ I'm not saying you have it, but if noise easily distracts you, it could be a possibility to look into. just a thought.
anyway, hope that was helpful and best of luck!  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:26 am
I'd also suggest talking to the teacher is a reasonable idea. Sitting down the front of the class always makes a difference too, as the people who are down there are less likely to be clowns, and you are closer to what's going on.  

Zzyli

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100

Whip

Whip

Rainbow Succubus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:31 am
I was just sitting in class today thinking exactly the same thing!

Sitting at the front of the class is a great way to hear the teacher, but please let the teacher (or teachers) know you are having this trouble... and also let your parents know. they may be prepared to work out some strategies to help you in class. Concentration is a hard thing to keep if there are many people talking in class, especially if they wont shut up. It is not fair on you that you miss out on a sound education because other idiots out there cant be bothered studying or learning.

This is the exact same reason I ended up leaving high school...

today, when I was sitting in class, I found that when it cam time to do the work, i put on an mp3 player with some nice music that wouldnt distract me (music without lyrics is great for this) I listen to classical, but i understand that most teenagers wouldnt like this and I find it actually helps me tune out all the chatter in the classroom.

Perhaps suggest this idea to your teacher, because teachers have a lot of trouble keeping classrooms full of teenagers quiet. Let them know that it is really affecting your ability to learn and do the work, and that you dont want it to affect your grades. They may be ok with you using my technique during work or study times...

if this fails, or you are not allowed, still tell your teachers that you have a problem concentrating in class, and get a good pair of earplugs and let them know that during work times, you intend to wear them for concentration... if you want the earplugs to be discreet, (so nobody can see them) get a great pair of musician's earplugs, which you should be able to find or get some ordered at a pharmacy or music store.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:31 am
Calypsophia
sit quiet in the first row and hope for the best. when the noise gets too much, raise your hand, call the teacher over and tell her you're having trouble following/concentrating because of the noise. the teacher should be more in control of the class anyway.

she is right you know the teacher definitly should be in charge. i had the same problem because of the noise. so i did ask the teacher to tell the kids to shut up she did.  

Edward_Elric_18_20

Winnyao

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:56 am
Calypsophia

I can totally relate bcuz I have ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) which I have to take meds for. but only for school. I've been through 5 different schools and after my 3rd school, I had learned to just be invisible and by my 5th school, I had employed this technique. Shockingly, it works very well, but to add to it, ask the teacher also if u could go study, or do your work outside of the class room if u can. tell ur parents about having the trouble concentrating if ur grades r worser than they need to be and you know u can do better. not saying anything at all is the worst mistake u can make for learning. the reason for my moving from school ta school? bcuz I was picked on, alot. and wasn't learning what I needed to learn and was waaaaay behind bcuz of it. talking and asking a teacher is the est thing u can do. if they don't care, or just don't do anything about it, then tell ur parents, they will help.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:57 pm
User Image

I think sitting quietly on the first row might help. Actually, I prefer siting on the first row since people there are more behved since teahers are near them. XP that's the way i think of it. so i can listen easily.

there was a time last year that our class president forced us to sitwhere she will put us randomly. and i almost cried over ir sinc i was placed on a boy who is noisy and i was in charge of shutting him up. XP so, i have no choice. he usually behaves now since i always tell him to shut up. XP but, that doesn't work to some people. so sitting on the front row really might help. and also, if it can't be helped, approach the head teacher.
-d0tted_half_n0te-

twinkledoo

Chefeetaboopers

8,325 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:59 pm
Talk to your teachers or professors about it! I'm sure they'll help move you to a place where you can sit or tell you what you missed!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:53 pm
i would tell them 2 shut up and then go sit in the front and in a corner and the furthest posible seat from the major talkers  

dontnowat2donow

beachbunny5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:08 am
Calypsophia

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games