Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
Religous mocking Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hazel843

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:20 am
Do other ppl make fun of ur religons, because in my geography class my teacher makes fun of me cause I believe in God, any1 with the same problem?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:16 pm
People think that i worship some big fat guy...but o well, they're ignorant...i kinda feel sorry for them...  

Je Suis La Vie

Liberal Millionaire

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250

MonkofMajere

Chatty Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:18 pm
My peers tend to, but they are about the most ignorant, idiotic people I know, so it's not that big of a surprise. One would think that, after middle school, one would gain some form of intelligence, being so close to becoming adults, but no such luck.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:31 pm
It's there own opinions, but mainly those who make fun of religion should just keep it to themselves, no need to belt it out load  

FF Turk_Panto

King Robert Silvermyst

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:43 pm
many who make fun ofother people because of thier religion either fel anyone who doesn't believe in the same faith they do are idiots, or they need some means of self-gratification to brush thier own egos by trying to make other people feel foolish.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:20 pm
I hate that kind of people, and i hate it, im atheist, as your professor i think, but really im ashamed of call my self atheist, when other atheists do such stupid things, i respect all religions, in your case is the opposite of mine xD since im atheist and there no other atheist in my school they sometimes make fun, but they are my friends so no such a problem like yours. but yeah, i think you should make him shut the hell up, he can disrespect your religion only because he is your professor.  

Yakutsa

BeccaLaFae

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:20 pm
ya i kno how u feel-i just hate it when people do stuff like that or even when they ignore the fact that ur a christian (or morman or whatever) and make fun of others of ur faith right in front of u-i mean what are u supposed to do about that? a lot of good people are just really ignorant or dont want to understand others feelings.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:27 pm
Yeh I would like 2 tell them 2 shut up but they would just laugh at me more and say that I was 1 of those vilent religous ppl, which I so am not, I have respect 4 other reiligouns, ok some I must addmitt I find werid, or I disagree with, but I wouldnt rub it in their face  

hazel843

Dragoryu3000

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:54 pm
I hate people that are like that, even though I've never encountered one. However, many people I know who are nowhere near ignorant think that Indians like me worship Gandhi...it's weird, because it's not in a hateful way, and like I said, they're not usually ignorant, but it's still annoying.
Actually, I may have encountered it...once some friends and I were going to have 4 Jesus Nintendo Miis play a game of Wii Tennis, and we were calling each of them a different name for Jesus, though we could only figure out three. I suggested "The Son", and one guy was like "We don't need your Indian Sun god" or something like that. My religion doesn't have a sun god at all. In fact, it's monotheistic.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:42 pm
well, where i come from, almost everyone i know is catholic or christian, but no one talks about religion. but me and my friends sometimes do. like, my friend is a mormon, so whenever he does something stupid, i say, "yeah, well, when you go on your little mission when your 21 imma follow you and scream the power of christ compells you!"
and he just says, "well at least the preachers or priests don't rape little kids in my religion" cuz i'm catholic. but we're just joking. it's weird. i mean, it's like how my brother calls his friend blackie and he doesn't mind and he calls my brother stuff and my bro doesn't mind. i guess it's a friend thing that makes it so you know their just kidding. idk.  

the_forgotten_thought

FREAKAman01

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:49 pm
there is a difference between respecting a religion and respecting a person.
no one can demand respect for a religion or what someone chooses do to.

if a musilum doesn't like christian people, but says I can't dislike him, he
is in the wrong.

if a gay person doesn't like strait people, but says I can't dislike him
because he's gay, then he's in the wrong
(yes by the way homosexuality is a choice but thats another disscusion)

everyone needs to be respected, but nobody needs to respect what that
person does if they dissagree with it.

just remember hazel843, if someone makes fun of you, then that persons
respect isn't worth much anyway... don't let it get to you.  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:55 pm
If you are in America, it is illegal for a teacher to make fun of or even talk about a religion and show preference. It has never happened to me (because of the legalities and most people in my area have the same religion).

I think most people chose to mock other religions because they are insecure of their own religion or lack thereof. Also, because of the usual "fit in" mindset. They have to seem to believe in one thing, and mock all that is abnormal. It's the way of life. They aren't ignorant, they are just being a normal human being (unless you chose to argue that all humans are ignorant, but I won't get into that).

Ink_Weaver_Heart

Dermoi

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:51 pm
To me, i think everybody has a right to beleive and think what they want, but they have no right to push it onto other people.

i don't believe in god, as such, and i get treated unfairly by one of my english teachers because of it. i told one of my friends what i think, and she said it isn't laughing at me because of my beliefs, because i don't have any. it works both ways.  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:15 pm
Like what most of the other people that have replied so far have said, I also hate people that do that. I think that people should be able to have their own opinions, but whenever they start to force them on other people, that's whenever things tend to cross the line.

My situation is a bit different from yours, seeing as down here in the "lovely" Bible Belt of America (NC, to be specific), people get made fun of if they /don't/ believe in God. The people that tend to do the making fun of usually end up being the most ignorant of the people.

Still, my friends are apart of many different religions (my best friend is a Wiccan, and two of my other friends are a Mormon and a Hindu) and I've seen them get hassled by other people in my class, which infurates me. I understand that you can't go up against your teacher like I would a classmate, but you could take it to a higher level such as counselor or the principal (no such luck if they're a good friend of the principal, like the teacher at my school that has tendancies to push religion onto everyone).

All it boils down to is stupid ignorance (and a lot of the time the need to find a "lesser" to make fun of in order to feel greater), which I'm afraid isn't quite bliss when it comes to stuff like this.

Khristallyn

Animated Hero

xXSerial ExperimentXx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:05 pm
Yes, making fun of another religion is a ignorant and cruel thing to do.
However, be careful of what you classify as "making fun".

Although most religions have good basic messages, many religions have rules and writings that can be dangerous when taken out of context. This creates extremists. Complaining or speaking against an extremist (or someone who takes their religion too far[ ex. to the point of hurting someone]), is actually a good thing. Speaking out against someone who is using religion as an excuse to hurt someone should be told to stop. So in that respect, speaking out against that person is the right thing to do. Other then that, there is no good reason to fight against someone over religion.

Although I have seen no one in this thread that is an extremist, I thought I should just put that out there for future reference. biggrin  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff