Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
Whats Your Opinion of the Anime movie "Escaflowne" Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

slp101

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:13 pm
Whats Your Opinon of the Anime movie "Escaflowne"?

I saw it once & really liked it.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:29 pm
I loved the animation and concept, but I couldn't get into the storyline...

...maybe I'd like it better if I saw it again...:/  

Coalar Lee Drake

sbrooks0113

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:45 am
I liked it alot but it was hard to hear cause they talked so low I'd like to find the series they made for it though  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:39 am
Frigid Alchemist
I liked it alot but it was hard to hear cause they talked so low I'd like to find the series they made for it though
Yeah I remember the very end of it where the two guys fight right before the girl goes back to here world was the only part I had trouble hearing.  

slp101

Sephira Yamishi

Ruthless Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:15 pm
I loved how the character looked so different from the anime series. I love Sora's Folktale song!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:11 am
It sucked. I expected a lot more after watching the series.  

youkoonna

Vicious Visionary

15,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Rhazenshia Rose

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:45 pm
I hated it. It seemed extremely disconnected from the series and the character's development seemed completely different.

The tv series was awesome though. I wish that Van and Hitomi had stayed together at the end.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:19 pm
I liked it. The rougher edged (almost sketchy) animation was amazing, the noses annoyed me in the series. I liked Millerna a lot more in the movie. Instead of being a whiny princess, she was a badass warrior.

-laughs- It was made to try to get a bigger male fanbase for Escaflowne. The series was meant to be a Shonen anime, but 80% of it's fanbase was female. Sadly (for the creators) it attracted just as many female fans.

Kaze no Ato

slp101

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:05 pm
Kaze no Ato
I liked it. The rougher edged (almost sketchy) animation was amazing, the noses annoyed me in the series. I liked Millerna a lot more in the movie. Instead of being a whiny princess, she was a badass warrior.

-laughs- It was made to try to get a bigger male fanbase for Escaflowne. The series was meant to be a Shonen anime, but 80% of it's fanbase was female. Sadly (for the creators) it attracted just as many female fans.
In the one I saw she was a school girl who got sent to the other dimension where all of the mayham begins.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:44 pm
slp101
Kaze no Ato

In the one I saw she was a school girl who got sent to the other dimension where all of the mayham begins.

Hitomi Kanzaki is the main character, that's the school girl.

I'm talking about Princess Millerna Sarah Aston of Astoria. You can see the difference here. Millerna from the movie is on the right, Millerna from the TV series is on the left.
User Image

Kaze no Ato

slp101

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:36 pm
Oh,ok.

But this is what she looked like in the one I saw.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:35 pm
Escaflowne was awsome  

BigEvilPacman

xXpunkfreakXx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:28 pm
I loved Escafowne the movie. I saw it after I had watched the series so I understood what was going on. I think the series was better than the movie but it was still a pretty good movie. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:46 am
I LOVED IT!!!! there's even an live action one that was done. i want to see that one soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad!!!!  

Winnyao

Gracesan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:32 pm
slp101
Oh,ok.

But this is what she looked like in the one I saw.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thats Hitomi in the picture that you have there. The one Kaze no Ato is taking about is Allen's (Hope I have his name right sweatdrop ) sister, if I'm remebering the anime properly.
Still have to see the movie, but love the anime.

"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games