Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Louise the Bump Fairy

1,450 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:31 am
I'm getting to know a dear friend's boyfriend better, slowly, but surely. My desire to choke the miserable life out of him is growing, and I cannot tell her this, because the root of her problems of all stripes is a deeply entrenched desire to attend to others' needs before her all own- AND
I know she and he are already having pretty heavy relationship troubles, AND I know she trusts me and thinks VERY highly of me, AND really wants to save the relationship, if at all possible.

I love her very much, and want very much to do right by her, no matter what. Thus, I bite my tongue and slowly boil.

My focus is piss poor when it comes to prayer these days, so my usual method of dealing isn't as useful right now.

Any and all advice on how to get let go of a good mad on when I also have nothing I can hit or break without serious medical/legal/economic repercussions?

Any advice on how to let go of a grudge?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:58 pm
getting rid of:

grudges:
1:forget the person. completly wipe your mind of them as best you can and if thats not possible, then you can not talk to them as best of your abilities. at best, not talking at all, cutting him out of your life is the best option. but if that is unable to be done, then you should probably just talk formally, or in a buisness manner.
2:write about it. this is what i do. i just rant and rave about what ever is bothering me even a little bit onto one piece of paper. i even title it, i say "dear POP,...." POP means peice of paper. and i just act like pop is a person and i just scream and cry and whatever.

anger: take a piece of paper, the biggest and hardest you can find the better, fold it untill you cant fold it any more. it has to be impossible. dont fold it in half it doesnt work. you have to fold it in small irregular folds. then unfold it and fold every crease backwards. when your done, rip it to shreds and picture it as the person/thing you need to get rid of anger on.  

DvnT

shani26

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:30 pm
Take a picture of him and put it on a pillow and go mad. rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:56 pm
Thank you. I think I shall. I even have plenty of expendable paper, *and* an expendable pillow.

I really do think she'll be alright- she doesn't seem to be swallowing his crap- I just don't want to be bitter and sulky when I'd really rather be supportive and happy.

Bitter and sulky sucks, y'know? {:>)  

Louise the Bump Fairy

1,450 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

shani26

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:13 am
Yes it suck beenig grumpy, i know from exprience. crying

P.S.
Can i pet your bunny?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:29 am
*hold sout bunny*

He too, is wonderfulyl soothing.  

Louise the Bump Fairy

1,450 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

Anabethe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:18 pm
Lol i think you should stay away from him. you might blow up and kill the guy.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:14 pm
Oh, as OFTEN as possible! I agree!  

Louise the Bump Fairy

1,450 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers