Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
Series that fail. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KaguraOfTheWind

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:51 pm
Have you ever watched a series that was a complete failure or so bad that you couldn't even finish watching it?

Gundam SEED Destiny was one for me. The series had so much potential and then it went downhill and fast. I have never seen such bad pacing. A clip show in the middle of a battle, two clip shows in the last ten episodes leading to a very rushed final story arc. When a show redoes the final story as a special, you know something is wrong.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:16 pm
Of course, some anime have an absolutely crappy ending but are still awesome series. Evangelion and Mahoromatic come to mind in that department.

Let's see, one anime that comes to mind as massive fail is Arjuna. When you read about it, it sounds like it could be a touching, beautiful anime with a magical girl-like story.

It starts that way. You think you're right. But, then, it turns towards its true purpose: pro-environmental propaganda. It's at this point that the anime starts to kill the #1 most important thing an anime needs: suspension of disbelief. The more the anime progresses, the more time it spends harping on subjects and the more like propaganda it feels like.

I simply couldn't finish it.

Another ridiculous anime was Samurai Gun. It was just... fighting... and kind of bad at that, too. sweatdrop

Peach Girl, the main girl is pretty stupid. Everybody around her is even more stupid. Since this anime is all about people acting like morons, idiots, and assholes... yeah, I didn't get too far into this.

(And when I say it's a world of stupid people, I mean it's worse than Ranma ; at least Ranma has lots of redeeming qualities.)

Girls High... I'm not entirely sure. I was expecting an anime meant for girls but I wasn't expecting an anime which was competing with Najica Blitz Tactics for "most panty shots per minute." Maybe not bad, but the absurdity of that realization sort of made me stop...

Green Green. That one was bad for me, at least. Bad friends in anime usually cause stress for me when I watch them, Green Green just took it overboard. Even worse, if you feel like you have to watch it all, there's technically a sequel~ish thing... Green Green Erolutions... a hentai in as bad taste as the series but... it's a hentai episode...

Tokko was good, or it seemed good, but it was paced like a 26 episode anime but was only have that length, meaning suddenly for no reason out of the blue it ended. Maybe. That' massive fail.

Suzuka... the girl the anime is named after is simply a b***h.

Rumbling Hearts... well, lots of people seemed to really like it, but... as far as I'm concerned, it was great for two episodes... and then our main character went ridiculously emo~esquely depressed and did nothing but have depressed sex with a girl for seven years, apparently.  

Nadian
Crew

Ragnius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:17 am
Naruto - it fails cause of no apparent ending in sight

Deathnote - it fails due to Light dying  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:22 am
If that's the real ending to Death Note then you fail for spoiling an anime. evil  

Nadian
Crew

Neko Nekogami

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:19 pm
three words.
Legend Of Duo  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:59 am
Bleach - For being yuyu hakusho meets FF7. Guy with blonde spiky hair and rediculously large sword meets a girl with impossibly large breasts and they go adventuring into the afterlife where they meet hundreds of characters that don't really need to exist to portray the idea the writers are trying to get across. I realize both yuyu hakusho and bleach are both based off of some combination of japanese myth and old religion, but there was no reason for bleach to use the actual term 'spirit gun', which I recall hearing in one episode.

Inuyasha - While not being entirely terrible towards the beginning of the series, as it went on, and on, and on, I think we all came to one realization. This series is going absolutely nowhere. It seems that the only reason the show had continued would be to make rabid fans of the show go completely crazy, and write a fanfic for each little moment that Inuyasha gets somewhere within 5 feet of Kagome. Every once in awhile, they would have an episode which had a definite 'final battle' feel. Only to find out that it wasn't really Naraku. Instead, they just killed, but some puppet made from Naraku's left testicle, or something lame like that.  

The Chromo Effect

the cat with facial hair

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:14 pm
The new episodes of Pokemon. They changed Ash's voice, and he sounds more worse then ever. I haven't watched the Diamond and Pearl ones yet, but the ones before them just.. ruined it. The new Pokemon are just ideas off the top of their heads. I mean, how many Pokemon are there going to be in total? Ash always wins a battle. First series wins by so far.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:22 am
User Image

Well, Tokyo Mew Mew and Inuyasha suck pretty much. In the beginning Inuyasha was good, but when they reached 20th book, I realized that the story didn't make progress at all. I don't collect the books anymore.

Tokyo Mew Mew then. It's unoriginal, childish, and has bad art. But the most annoying thing is that it's so overrated.

Other seres I couldn't watch/read: Shugo Chara, Bobobobobosomething, Emma, Sugar Sugar Rune.

Leeks eat mushrooms~

Oni The Leek Alchemist

Zat In The Hat

Hilarious Capitalist

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:47 pm
Gantz (anime)

For one it strays to far away from the manga (which was awesome) the series never goes in order of the manga. And plus it just ends! (just like tom sawyer) i mean the series keeps going and the manga keeps going.

Bo Bo Bo

That series was a EPIC FAIL i mean im all for randomness but it never goes with the story it strays away back to the story then it strays away again. plus its not really that funny  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:52 am
Naruto Shippuuden

When the Shippuuden star, I was curious. I watch few episodes and they were so boring and tedious. I couldn't watch any more Naruto. The regular Naruto was funny and I like it but Shippuuden is so serious and there isn't so much funny scenes than regular Naruto.  

0sako

Shapeshifter

dynamite eyes

650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:49 pm
I can't believe I'm going to say this..

Peach Girl:
I mean, c'mon! D: The main person was a complete and utter retard and I can't even contemplate the stupidity of the idiots surrounding.

Inuyasha:
There's too many rabid fans of this show writing fanfics of 'InuKag, SessInu, SangoxMiroku' Gimme a break!! The story is pretty boring.

Turning to the GOOD bits of anime I find hilarious.
Naruto. [[A partial amount of Shippuden. I'm all for serious-buisness.]]
Bobobo. [[Random = Win. Plot or not.]]
Fullmetal Alchemist. [[ I'm so sad that it ended.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:31 pm
the only extremely redeeming quality of Bleach is the fact that all four of its theme sogs are done by one of the greatest japanese bands ever, Blue Knight!
Tokyo Mew Mew fails because, thanks to it, I can't get a single result for the afore-mentioned band on Wikipedia OR YouTube.
Yu Gi Oh GX fails because it doesn't have the title character in the series, and because of 4Kids.
Yu-Gi-Oh fails because IT was dubbed by 4Kids, and they apparently have a problem with japanese names.
the .hack//Legend of the Twilight anime fails because of its non-canonocity.
Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo fails because it's not as cool as Lucky Star.
Death Note does not fail because it's a good representation of human behavior, and 'cause Ryuk wins.

Mad Haru

KaguraOfTheWind

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:55 pm
Judging a series because of who dubbed it means you fail.  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:02 pm
Oh, wow... To start my list.
InuYasha: This series seems to just dragging on to me. I was once hooked and then it seemed like everything was repeating.
Naruto: Although they can be a bit funny, there seems to be too many useless episodes.
BoBoBo: Okay, first off... I'm random. This? This was random hyped up on coffee, allowed to eat twelve boxes of pure sugar and then told to run around in the snow buck naked. That's what I honestly think of it.
Newer Pokémon: They are basically re-making episodes, or so it seems to me.  

-Many Different Faces-

youkoonna

Vicious Visionary

15,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:31 am
KaguraOfTheWind
Have you ever watched a series that was a complete failure or so bad that you couldn't even finish watching it?

Gundam SEED Destiny was one for me. The series had so much potential and then it went downhill and fast. I have never seen such bad pacing. A clip show in the middle of a battle, two clip shows in the last ten episodes leading to a very rushed final story arc. When a show redoes the final story as a special, you know something is wrong.

I've heard bad things about the ending. I've seen up to episode 35 via On Demand and I love it so far. You scare me now though. eek

let's see...series tha tI think fail. Inuyasha, because it got pretty repetitive pretty fast. How many friggin times can Kagome get herself kidnapped?! xd  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games