Thief!? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Goddess Lia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:14 pm
Okay this goes both way lol

I'm trying to capture Elekid with an Electrimaizer, so i catch one with the hold item symbol and when i check it out in my party since i had an empty spot, there is no item !?!? but i walk a bit around oh say try and hatch two female eevee which i failed and when i check my party Elekid had the Electrimaizer.
But i gave it away to a friend..

Now i have an Abra with the TM 46 Thief and all it does is attack and not steal any item from the wild pokemon. Am i don't something wrong or it's suppose to be like that.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:30 pm
The chances of a wild Elekid holding an Electrizer is apparently 50% or 5% depending on whether you're playing Diamond or Pearl, respectively. In my experience, the pokemon actually holding it is annoyingly uncommon, so I'm not surprised Thief isn't acquiring anything.

I intend to do something about this, though. Tonight I intend to start working on some pokemon to alleviate this problem, namely:

-A level 1 Nincada with Compound Eyes, intentionally fainted
-A level ??? Stantler with Frisk and Thief, in the second spot of the party.

It basically works like this:

-Nincada is in the lead with Compound Eyes, increasing the chance that a wild pokemon will be holding an item

-Since Nincada is fainted, the second pokemon in my party (Stantler) will be sent out, instead

-When Stantler comes into play, his Frisk will tell me whether or not the other pokemon has an item worth taking and I'll be able to Thief it away

-If the pokemon doesn't have an item I want, I run  

Nadian
Crew

Goddess Lia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:57 pm
Nice Move
touche

Where can those be found..

Oh have come to a theory that my Diamond game is messed up since pokemon that should appear don't or HAVE a long time rate to show up cause I didn't know Mareep showed up by the Windwork until last night... And the whole Voltorb showing up outside of Swarm...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:06 pm
Nincada: Pokeradar in Eterna Forest

Stantler: Pokeradar, Pearl only, Route 207  

Nadian
Crew

Goddess Lia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:53 pm
Nadian

I'll try the Nincada and bummers for Stantler.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:01 pm
Goddess Lia
Nadian

I'll try the Nincada and bummers for Stantler.

An alternative to Stantler is Banette, catchable on routes 225, 226, and 227 plus Stack Mountain (at night for just that or all? I'm not entirely sure.)  

Nadian
Crew

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:03 pm
Great news ; don't know if the Nincada + Stantler combo works, but using the Frisk + Thief combo while chaining Elekids, I managed to easily obtain five Electirizers. That should mean I'd be able to trade them with ease! blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:56 am
O.o OMG!!!
I'm still trying for Nincada lol all i got was the umm what was the name it's
Oh yea. Slakoth lol ((i had to turn on the game to find the name lol ))

I was going to ask if it was the ghostly looking kid and i look and yes i have it I'll try using it now.

Now i wonder if Magby shows up in the game to do the same thing sweatdrop like Elekid shows up with FireRed. hehe im suppose to return it to my friend and i haven't now it that and Zelda hehe
If i manage the combo I can finaly get the Spoon from Abra!  

Goddess Lia

Ragnius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:25 am
Nadian
The chances of a wild Elekid holding an Electrizer is apparently 50% or 5% depending on whether you're playing Diamond or Pearl, respectively. In my experience, the pokemon actually holding it is annoyingly uncommon, so I'm not surprised Thief isn't acquiring anything.

I intend to do something about this, though. Tonight I intend to start working on some pokemon to alleviate this problem, namely:

-A level 1 Nincada with Compound Eyes, intentionally fainted
-A level ??? Stantler with Frisk and Thief, in the second spot of the party.

It basically works like this:

-Nincada is in the lead with Compound Eyes, increasing the chance that a wild pokemon will be holding an item

-Since Nincada is fainted, the second pokemon in my party (Stantler) will be sent out, instead

-When Stantler comes into play, his Frisk will tell me whether or not the other pokemon has an item worth taking and I'll be able to Thief it away

-If the pokemon doesn't have an item I want, I run

Nadian, you are AWESOME!

for a while now i've been looking for a few items that are 'wild-catch' as i call them, and i cnat seem to find them to name three f the many
1 - twisted spoon - abra
2 - Magamarizer - magby
3 - Any berry i can get of of wilds - any wilds

the 'frisk-thief' combo is amazing, i'm gonna use it, in fact, i am fixing to start raising a bannette, so this'll come in handily

oh about getting stantler:
you can cath them in the emerald safari zone after eremald has the antional dex - then just import it and five others  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:48 am
I think my current goal is to obtain noteworthy items. Twistedspoon from wild abras should be nice and easy since I see they're common on routes 203 and 215. That should make chaining them easy.

The Magmarizer will be a little more difficult since Magby appears in the later routes where pokemon are the same level as Stantler. I'll have to level him up some more in order for him to stand a chance. sweatdrop

Oh the note of berries, I've noted which berries I'm missing and have begun working on obtaining all of them. 3nodding  

Nadian
Crew

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:27 am
So, now that I've had a good chance to play with Thief...

It has a 100% chance of stealing the opponents item, but only if...

1. The pokemon using Thief is not holding any items
2. The opponent's pokemon is holding an item

I managed to obtain three Twistedspoons by chaining Abras during lunch. 3nodding Now I'm returning back to trying to obtain a berry from a Sunkern...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:23 pm
Okay I got Nincada(compoundeye) and Banette(frisk). Now here is my problem... Can i find another TM46 in the game?? cause i taught it to Abra and well i don't have it anymore... so is it possible to find another one in the game?  

Goddess Lia

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:42 pm
Goddess Lia
Okay I got Nincada(compoundeye) and Banette(frisk). Now here is my problem... Can i find another TM46 in the game?? cause i taught it to Abra and well i don't have it anymore... so is it possible to find another one in the game?

There's only one, but fortunately I've got 6 more (might be closer to 10 in all my games combined.) I can get that to you. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:58 pm
Nadian
Goddess Lia

There's only one, but fortunately I've got 6 more (might be closer to 10 in all my games combined.) I can get that to you. 3nodding
xd *kneels down inpraying mode with batted eyes* You would Nadian? Arigatou!!  

Goddess Lia

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:59 pm
Goddess Lia
Nadian
Goddess Lia

xd *kneels down inpraying mode with batted eyes* You would Nadian? Arigatou!!

I'll be leaving work within the next 15 to 30 minutes and will be home roughly an hour to 75 minutes from now. I would be able to trade then, if you can. 3nodding  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff