Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ragnius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:27 am
okay you know i'm working on a claw-style team

well i've made it 'perfect' now

i have:
the Adamant Torchic/ Blaziken - i'l determine item once i see it's stats at lv 50
Crush claw(egg) and Shadow claw(TM) combined with Focus energy(lv up)
2*
Adamant Sableye - holding Ghost-power up
Shadow Claw(lv up - and gets STAB)
3**
Brave Rhyperior - holding a silk scarf
Crush Claw (egg) and EarthQuake(tm and gets STAB)
Naughty Scizor - holding the metronome item
Metal Claw(lv up gets STAB, and repeat uses(item) boosts, as well as technician)
5**
lonely Zangoose - item undetermined
crush claw(sig move, gets stab, lv up learn)
6**
Adamant Garchomp - holding draco plate
Dragon Claw(lv up - gets STAB and item boost)

* = i have it, am working on it
** = need to acquire,

so how's it looking? is it a moderately useable team? - keep in mind i'm trying for physicals, but i do know to put a speical move on them just-in-case, scizor being the excluded one there  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:51 am
It's hard to say ; it's a really random assortment of pokemon. That's pretty good, although their non-standard uses does leave problems. It'll probably be fine for your average battling but it looks like it'll have problems against more competitive players.

Just make sure Sableye doesn't have "Stall" as his ability, I suppose.  

Nadian
Crew

Ragnius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:17 am
uh...what does stall do?

guess that says it all, but my sableye has keeneye

and yes the assortment does seem 'weak', but i'm intending to break it into two basica groups of three

group1 - used in both in-game and multi-play game
Sable,
Scizor,
Zangoose,
---pretty good for the E4 of D/P verisons, but i'll tow group 2 for just-in-cases

group2 - mostly used for multi-play game
Blaziken
Ryperior
Garchomp
--main focus is to hit hard no matter when i move, but with Blazekin having the combos i've set out and the EV speard i'm hoping for, he's really only gotta worry about OHKO-moves, poison/paralysis/sleep and moves that'd double-S-effective him, and, to myknowledge, no move super-effetive both fire and fighting at the same time  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:23 am
Stall causes the pokemon to always go last.  

Nadian
Crew

Ragnius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:56 am
ah i see,

well my sableye has keeneye, which i like a lot due to many people in the game trying to use stuff like sand attack when they go defensive, and with the power this team has locked in, Sable could be a god back-up

as for the wide variety yet hardly any effectiveness

with my 'in-mind' MSs, only Blaziken really has that problem when in the Battle tower, but i'll take him a good ways for attk def sdef and i may give him speed, but that'll be once i work on his deffenses

btw: for my EV training on these pokes
can you suggest a good place for physical attack (fishing is not my expertise)
&
defenses - both of them

i already know where to go for my speed EVs, but training a fight-type isnt the best idea thanks to Golbat's flying move spectrum  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:06 am
The best place to train Attack EVs has always been using the Super Rod and fishing into Lake Valor. This is because every single pokemon you'll encounter from that will give you Attack EVs (two, at that.)

However, if I had to find any other place, I'd locate a trainer that can be re-battled. I currently do not know which trainer this would be, though. I only know good trainers for HP and Special Attack, and an okay trainer for Special Defense.  

Nadian
Crew

Ragnius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:20 am
okay,

i'm gonna traing blaziken for deffensive values soon, he's level 45, once he reaches fifty, and i make my mind up about his item, then i'll move on and raise his defense, hopefully all the way in the next ten levels, i'll use the counter app for it too,

but this trianer that gives special defense, can you tell me which route they are on?

once i get defenses done, then i'll move out to the golbats for speed  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:18 am
Aww Heck
okay,

i'm gonna traing blaziken for deffensive values soon, he's level 45, once he reaches fifty, and i make my mind up about his item, then i'll move on and raise his defense, hopefully all the way in the next ten levels, i'll use the counter app for it too,

but this trianer that gives special defense, can you tell me which route they are on?

once i get defenses done, then i'll move out to the golbats for speed

The Special Defense trainer I know about is on the Route just south of Veilstone. A Beauty. She has a Wormadam. I think those give 2 Special Defense EVs?

It sounds like you've got a misunderstanding about EVs, though. If you want to "max out" a stat, you'll only be able to max out two stats. Why? Well...

Although EV training can raise a single stat by up to 63 points, EV training is limited by the game so that all the stats combined can't have more than 127 points added. So, if you give Attack 63 points and Defense 63 points, you'll only be able to raise any other stat by 1 point! (63+63+1 = 127)

(Technically, it's also possible for you to accidentally throw that extra 1 point away, which is why in my other post I was talking about precise EVs and needing to change the hold item in certain circumstances.)  

Nadian
Crew

Ragnius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:48 am
no, not a msiunderstanding, no one's ever told me that, you learn something new everyday

but even with that, any evs to any stat can really turn the tide of bide by a hairline

thanks  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff