View Results

Abrien Sliver

Generous Capitalist

7,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:07 am
Pokémon Platinum (Japanese: ポケットモンスタープラチナ Pocket Monsters Platina) is a sister game to Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, and is the third Generation IV main series game. The mascot is Giratina. It will take place in the Sinnoh Region and the player's starting location will be Twinleaf Town, just like Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. The game was first seen on May 11, 2008 when a low-resolution cell-phone picture of an upcoming issue of CoroCoro magazine was leaked around the internet. On May 13, a high-resolution scan was seen. Finally, on May 15, the magazine was officially released and the game was also officially confirmed by Nintendo.
User Image
Logotype.
User ImageGiratina at spear pillar
User ImageGiratina Origin form

They've made some changes, Lucas and Dawn will have different outfits.
The template for the level, HP, and name of Pokémon, or possibly just the battle with Giratina, in battle is a dark grey instead of white.
Dialga and Palkia will both be summoned on Spear Pillar by Cyrus. Giratina then phases into the dimension in front of Cyrus.

Giratina's Origin Form can now be selected as an alternative form, like Deoxys's forms. Giratina's Origin Form has been said to have a different ability in Pokémon Platinum though this has not been completly researched.

The release date for Japan is Autumn 2008, release dates for America have not been found. Also, I'd like to state that I feel this shows Giratina is definatly a part of the dragon trio.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:05 pm
i'm willing to bet that it will be state side in spring 2009  

crazydude444292

Goddess Lia

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:13 pm
Why can't they have it international release

Wait so in this game we can get all three of them instead of like DP thats only Giratina and the one for the version??  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:17 pm
That looks so awesome
i want it whee  

Kinetica3

6,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

XxTheXProfessorxX

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:30 pm
i always love when they make a third version for a series then you can get all the lengendary pokemon on one verision like emerald. so i will get this one as well domokun  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:59 pm
Quote:
Giratina's Origin Form can now be selected as an alternative form, like Deoxys's forms. Giratina's Origin Form has been said to have a different ability in Pokémon Platinum though this has not been completly researched.

The reason he is believed to have a different ability while in Origin Form is because of the before-mentioned CoroCoro scan. Basically, we already know everything there is to know about Giratina's regular form ; we've had over a year to stare at it. The CoroCoro scan, however, lists information about the Origin Form which suggests there's a new ability.

For starters, look at the CoroCoro scan (click for bigger picture):
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Just to the left of the picture where we see Giratina appearing on Sky Pillar, there's a yellow box clearly displaying information about him. Of note, we can already see that Origin Form Giratina weighs less that the regular Giratina but is also taller. Of particular interest is the ???s ; that entry is the ability and since there's really no reason for "Pressure" to be hyped up like that, that lends incredible weight to the theory that Origin Form Giratina has another ability.

Although other pokemon are rumored to have another form in this game, I think the one with the most evidence is Shaymin thanks to this picture. Notice how Giratina and his Origin Form both are on Red + White pens, Shaymin is on a Green + White pen, and the unknown pokemon is also on a Green + White pen... well, it's an interesting observation.

The only date I've heard for the release of this game is September 2008 in Japan and... I'm not quite sure when for the US. I intend to pre-order the Japanese version, anyways.  

Nadian
Crew

KyuubiNaruto581

2,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:38 pm
GOOOOOOOOOO POKEMONNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:59 pm
I'm soo excited for this game! xd I've already set up most of my team.  

moo92

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:23 pm
Thanks for bumping this topic, y'all. I was going to need to find it but y'all made it nice and easy. smile

Yesterday, a Japanese person claiming to be from a printing company wrote in his blog that he had seen the rumored Sky Form for Shaymin being printed. He gave a rough, confusing description. Today, we've been given a follow-up picture taken of it:

It is unknown what the source of this really is ; it's possible that it's legit (Pokebeach seems to think so, claiming the art style makes it legit) but keep in mind that this is not an official source. However, it's quite noteworthy because it's quite pretty. If that's Shaymin's Sky Form, I'll want one. smile  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:49 pm
I want em all twisted  

Kirosu

8,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:12 pm
Nadian
Thanks for bumping this topic, y'all. I was going to need to find it but y'all made it nice and easy. smile

Yesterday, a Japanese person claiming to be from a printing company wrote in his blog that he had seen the rumored Sky Form for Shaymin being printed. He gave a rough, confusing description. Today, we've been given a follow-up picture taken of it:

It is unknown what the source of this really is ; it's possible that it's legit (Pokebeach seems to think so, claiming the art style makes it legit) but keep in mind that this is not an official source. However, it's quite noteworthy because it's quite pretty. If that's Shaymin's Sky Form, I'll want one. smile

Awww, it's just been confirmed that it's not real. It was quite a pretty picture, too.

I find it noteworthy that, although the picture has been discredited, it is unrelated to the blog post which originally described a Shaymin Sky Form ( http://www.pokebeach.com/news/0508/shaymin-sky-form-confirmed-to-exist-details ). Whether or not that's legit is yet to be seen, but if that description is real it would be quit interesting to compare this fake to the real one. smile  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:42 pm
Pokémon Platinum, huh? Sounds awesome! xd

But...I really wish they'd make a remake of Pokémon Crystal. That's my all time favorite. I'd be ecstatic if they made a new, updated version of it for the DS. whee  

Illefyia

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:51 pm
Illefyia
Pokémon Platinum, huh? Sounds awesome! xd

But...I really wish they'd make a remake of Pokémon Crystal. That's my all time favorite. I'd be ecstatic if they made a new, updated version of it for the DS. whee

There's quite a bit of hope that Gold and Silver will be remade for the DS. Diamond / Pearl have in-game data which suggests they'll support directly trading with the Johto region, IE the location in which the 2nd gen games took place. Diamond and Pearl also reference the 2nd gen games quite heavily, even starting with a reference to the Red Gyarados you encounter in the 2nd gen games.

Unfortunately, Nintendo hasn't announced anything at all.  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:32 am
i hoped that that it wasn't a giratina. First i think he's not that strong (but he's fast though) second i hoped for a darkrai, shaymin or arceus  

D_Bunny Exorcist

Slam de Nerd

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:15 pm
After hearing about this in Serebii.net, I can't wait to know more about about this version. eek  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff