Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
I don't know what to say... (PROBLEM RESOLVED ^^)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

X_Kohana Nozomi_X

Newbie Noob

6,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:53 pm
I'm a bit embarrassed to say this, but I have this huge crush on one of my friends. I can't tell if he likes me or not. I've liked him since the beginning of the school year. He is so nice to me. Unlike some people before. But I'm SO confused... First his best friend says he likes me. Then lots of people say he likes me and he doesn't even deny it. Then when one of my classmates asked if the one he liked was me, but he said no. He said he liked someone else. I was a bit sad to hear them say that. (I was uh... eavesdropping.... Not my fault! They were talking like right behind me.) Then after a while I heard the class's "Big mouth" say, and may I add in right in front of me, that he liked me. And he looked all serious and sounded it too. Then at lunch, we were playing truth or dare at the table. They passed down an empty Snapple bottle. One of my "rivals" (I never get along with him. x3) spun it and it landed on my crush. He said truth. Then my so called rival whispered in his ear. Since my crush was right next to me and my rival can't seem to whisper that well. I heard "Do you like..." then I heard faintly a word with 2 syllables, I couldn't grasp it, and something that sounded like my last name. ( my name is Kristine Abarquez...) And said yes. Now I'm really not sure. I like him, I've heard that he likes me. But I'm a bit shy to ask him. Seeing as there are better girls out there. I'm not that much into fashion and I never had a bf before. And what I've heard, he had several girlfriends... He checks out girls every so often. And compliments me at times too. Saying I'm cool and stuff. Which I highly doubt. I'm anti-social and all I ever do is draw and torture my rival... Am I over looking this or do you think he really likes me? . \ . Uh help? >.<

OMG yay! xD I'm so happy. My friend gave him the note asking if he liked me. And he said yes. Then he asked me to go out with him ^////^ And of course I said yes. Then he gave me a hug. You can imagine how hot my face was back then. Especially in the summer.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:22 pm
I honestly don't know because that's one of the situations where someone has to be there to actually know. you only have two choices either ask him or wait till he asks you. i wish you luck!  

Anabethe

X_Kohana Nozomi_X

Newbie Noob

6,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:32 am
I considered asking him but I back down.... My best friend said that I shouldn't go with him. A "Good" girl like me won't go so well with a "Bad" boy like him. I never get in trouble and he, well you should know when I say bad boy. But I still like him.  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:30 am
Given that I don't know you or even how old you are, I'm going to be generic with my advice:

I assume since you've known this guy for a while that you feel comfortable around him alone. Maybe you should ask him to hang out one day without any tag alongs. Go to a non-romantic film you both want to see, or to a museum you're both interested in, or anything that you both would enjoy.

If you have a good time hanging out with him in a companionable way, then ask him if he's interested in dating. If he says no, at least you know his position and it'll be easier to maintain your friendship with him with a outting to remind him what a good friend you can be.

And if, after hanging out alone with him you find you're uncomfortable or bored, no harm no foul.

nytshad

X_Kohana Nozomi_X

Newbie Noob

6,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:43 pm
nytshad
Given that I don't know you or even how old you are, I'm going to be generic with my advice:

I assume since you've known this guy for a while that you feel comfortable around him alone. Maybe you should ask him to hang out one day without any tag alongs. Go to a non-romantic film you both want to see, or to a museum you're both interested in, or anything that you both would enjoy.

If you have a good time hanging out with him in a companionable way, then ask him if he's interested in dating. If he says no, at least you know his position and it'll be easier to maintain your friendship with him with a outting to remind him what a good friend you can be.

And if, after hanging out alone with him you find you're uncomfortable or bored, no harm no foul.

Oh sorry. I didn't add in that I was new to this guild. But I desperately need some advice since there is only like 1 week of school left. I have to let him know... It's now or never. I'm 14 by the way. xD Well I guess that is good advice. My friend said she will help me figure out his feelings. Seeing she is experienced and a good friend. I guess I'll trust her. But this will probably be the back up. Adding onto my last comment, my friend just said my best friend talks about me when I'm crying. I'm very sensitive... crying Why would she do that? I've known her since 4th grade... Life is confusing... sad Anyway thanks for the advice. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:35 pm
I can't say for sure my advice is the best, since I've never had a serious crush in my almost seventeen years, but I have a friend who had a guy she liked for a while, and she told him via a note. That seemed like the best idea, since it gave her a chance to read it over and make sure nothing she said was dumb or able to be misread. Her language was rather strong, but if you like this idea, the note, try just giving it to him or leaving it in his backpack, just a little note saying that you have a crush on him and you have reason to think he might have one as well, and that maybe you could go out on a date or such in the near future. See how he reacts. No matter what you do, I wish you luck.  

amusedandconfused

Interesting Cutie-Pie

X_Kohana Nozomi_X

Newbie Noob

6,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:48 am
amusedandconfused
I can't say for sure my advice is the best, since I've never had a serious crush in my almost seventeen years, but I have a friend who had a guy she liked for a while, and she told him via a note. That seemed like the best idea, since it gave her a chance to read it over and make sure nothing she said was dumb or able to be misread. Her language was rather strong, but if you like this idea, the note, try just giving it to him or leaving it in his backpack, just a little note saying that you have a crush on him and you have reason to think he might have one as well, and that maybe you could go out on a date or such in the near future. See how he reacts. No matter what you do, I wish you luck.

Yeah, My friend is helping me by note. She "FORCED" me to write the note and she will give it to him on monday. I'm getting nervous. Thinking what'll happen if he said yes or no. Or even maybe. -_- I'm kinda glad to have a friend like her to help me even though she is a bit aggressive and forces me to do stuff... But it always for the better xD  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:07 pm
lol this is easy, youre making it too hard.

I have this same situation only Im the guy and the other girl likes me. Some of her friends put her up to ask me out and I couldnt deny it ^_^
So...Just Ask Him Out! It's gonna work! Unless he doesnt like you. But if he does compliment you and say youre cool(someone saying youre cool means youd be an awesome gf) so just go for it. wink  

Kestix

Saruna-chan

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:00 pm
lolz i kinda kno wat u mean i kno sum1 in the sum situation as u. i think its good that ur friend told u 2 write a note 2 him. so this way u wont feel THAT embarrassed by asking him face 2 face but at the same time u did ask him. hope all works well 4 u!  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games