Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LOLZ HAI!
  LOLZ QUIZ!
View Results

clickmic

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:07 pm
Heya guys!

Quick intro, I'm Clicky, and I finally saved up for Pokemon D/P! 83 I'm getting Pearl since a friend has Diamond, and I'm trying to think of a good team to get.

I recently was Wi-Fi enabled, so I decided I'd try my hand at competitive play.

Thing is, the most I know about the three main types is that Flygon is a decent sweeper... And that's about it.

So, I was hoping you guys could help me pick out a new team! 8D

I'm pretty sure I want Flygon on my team, seeing as how he's dragon/ground with levitate and can use the move fly. Kills three birds with one stone he does. 83

But, I'm not sure about the other 5 members. I know I want an Electric base, Fire base, Ice/Water mix, and Dark. Undecided on the last one. I also need 3 sweepers, 2 tanks, and 1 wall. That seems to be a good strategy I've thought up.

So, any advice?

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:33 pm
Well, I think some of the most common teams in Shoddy competitive play right now include...

-Garchomp
-Tyranitar
-Bronzong
-Heatran
-Celebi

Other common pokemon:

-Lucario
-Blissey
-Metagross
-Mamoswine
-Cresselia
-Gengar
-Infernape
-Gyarados

Really, the best way to catch up on competitive play is to browser through this. The "tier" category is the one you should note:

-Uber is for truly overpowered pokemon, most competitive play is either all or doesn't include ubers.

-Limbo is for Wobbuffet ; it's currently undecided whether or not he's uber.

-OU is "Overused" ; the most commonly used pokemon in standard competitive play

-BL is "Borderline" ; other powerful and somewhat commonly used pokemon, generally too powerful for "Underused" (which is a tier designed so that less-used pokemon have a chance to play)

-UU is "Underused" ; they're not used very often in standard competitive play.

-NFE is "Not Fully Evolved" ; they're pretty much never used. I guess they don't show up on that page unless you change the settings.

-NU doesn't show up there, but that's "Never Used". There tends tto be a huge overlap between NFE and NU, I think.  

Nadian
Crew

clickmic

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:35 pm
Ah, alright! Thank you! ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:34 am
Get a Smeargle if possible and have your fiend, if possible, Do this following moves. Spore, Endure, Endevor, and something that always has 100% hit rate and have the smeargle hold a saalac berry and at a low level. Now endue the foe's attack the berry will kick in, then use spore then endover. The use the other attack. You can take out a whole team if done right.  

Kumi Katsuna

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:03 pm
The big thing is to pick pokemon that compensate for each others weaknesses.
Your Flygon is (Very) weak to Ice and dragon. but good against Electric, Fire, Poison, and Rock.
So, to compensate for the ice weakness you might want a Fire/Fighting/Steel. or an Ice/Dragon.

Also try to dual-type, it increases the weaknesses usually, but it also increases the STAB moves your pokemon can use, which is a real boost even if you have type disadvantage. Don't listen to what others say about specific pokemon you should have, mix and match yourself, pick the EV points, at least, and if your really into winning, you could learn all about the IV stuff with Nadian.  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games