Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
Live Actions and Drama's

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like Drama's and Live Actions?
  Yes!
  What are they?
  No!
  Gold!
View Results

Ryoruki

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:25 am
Just curious to see if anyone else is about that is a fan of Live Actions and or J/K/C dramas. :3

For those of you who have no idea what i'm talking about...Live Actions and Dramas are shows that star real people acting in roles. Sometimes they adapt manga/anime into LA/Dramas and sometimes they're unique storylines. The J/K/C stands for Japanese/Korean/Chinese, and it refers to the country where the drama was produced and released. for more info visit Drama-Wiki.

I myself am a big fan of Live Actions,J, and K drama's. Some of the most recent ones that i've been watching are...

Hataraki Man
Gokusen Season3
Proposal Daisakusen

some of the ones that i've finished watching are...

Densha Otoko
Devil Beside You
Coffee Prince
Oishii Proposal
Nobuta Wo Produce
Hana Kimi
1 Pound no Fukuin (1 pound gospel)
Gokusen Seasons 1 and 2
My Little Chef
Last Christmas
Attention Please
Nodame Cantabile
Satome Hakkenden
Hana Yori Dango seasons 1 and 2
Kimi wa Peto
Fuma no Kojiro

there's probably more... i just haven't thought of them at the moment @,@

what are some of your favorites? do you have a favorite actor/actress? where do you find information on new shows?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:38 am
hmmm~~  

Ryoruki

iFaith-Chan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:27 am
I love those dramas! A few of those I've watched or I'm watching. I'm really hooked on them. Only draw back is I need them subbed since my Japanese isn't good at all. stressed

Most of the time I usually hear about them from the Livejournal communities I'm joined to. I have a list of actors I adore! Well, it not a huge list. Akanishi Jin, Matsumoto Jun, Oguri Shun, Kamenashi Kazuya, Mizushima Hiro, Ikuta Toma, Nakama Yukie, Horikita Maki are some to name.

As for the Dramas I've watched there's quite a few.
Hana Yori Dango Season 1 and 2, Kimi wa Petto, Gokusen 1 & 2, Stand Up!!, Hanayome To Papa, Nobuta wo Produce, Hanazakari no Kimitachi e. Gosh there's so many. I've watched.

Right I'm watching My Boss My Hero and trying to watch Gokusen 3.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:31 am
my favorites are:!!
hua yang shao nian shao nu (Hana Kimi taiwan version)
romantic princess
It Started With a Kiss
They Kiss Again
Bullfighting
Hana Kimi (oguri shun is hooottt!)
Tokyo Juliet
Magicians of Love
My Lucky Star (I luv this series sooo much!)

hmmmmm
oh! and here are some i want to watch!

Smiling Pasta
Fated to Love You
Brown Sugar Machiato
ya...  

n_nhappee

Ryoruki

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:21 am
ahah!! yay~ i was hoping that i was not alone in my drama loving-ness :3

i'm also a fan of most of the Season 1 and 2 Gokusen Guys xD

Ahh~ i liked My Boss, My Hero (puuuuddiinnnngggg!!!) i think Gokusen made me like Yakuza Comedy's xD

I also have to wait for the subs, i've only got three semesters of Japanese under my belt so i can only understand about half of what they're saying heh ^.^;;

Happee you've listed a lot that i haven't heard of biggrin i'll have to keep an eye out for some of those :3

I'm downloading Trick right now, which has Abe Hiroshi and Nakama Yukie :3 it's Mystery/Suspense biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:03 am
ahh~~!! so i really enjoyed the first season of Trick. and i'm about halfway thru Yamada Tarou Monogatari which is also a really sweet story :3 i'm looking forward to seeing more of the younger pepole from it in other drama's.

Trick has Abe Hiroshi and Nakama Yukie (i've mentioned this before but oh well~) and it's supernatural/detective-ish ness. that doesn't make a lot of sense but i'm not sure how else to describe it haha! There's a lot of sexual jokes that add to the humor as well as the random uber-fan/stalker xD i'm looking for the second season of this right now but i don't think that it's been soft/hard subbed yet :< i really really really love Abe's voice xD

Yamada Tarou Monogatari is about a guy that goes to a highschool for the super-rich. but he's there on a scholarship. actually he's really poor and works part time jobs to earn money for his family. He's the oldest of seven kids. His mother was the daughter of a rich family, but married a painter and was apparently disowned. So she has a weak constitution yet continues to spend Tarou's hard earned money on 'frivolous' things. To add to that there's a rumor going around the school that Tarou is a prince, or heir to a large fortune, which makes him the target for girls aiming to marry rich. of course there's lots of comedy to be had. Between him crossdressing as a job to him beating housewives to the supermarket specials it's a pretty humorous slice-of life highschool drama :3

i'm off to bed :3 have a great weekend!  

Ryoruki

Ryoruki

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:35 pm
so i finally managed the finish watching the second season of trick and i really enjoyed it~! i've got the third season already downloaded and ready to watch :3

recently i've been having trouble with finding older series. Currently i'm searching for a series that aired from 1999 to 2000, It's name is "Asuka". i can usually find at least the softsub and raws of older titles, but for this one, that's not the case. :<

anyone watched anything new recently?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:30 pm
Ah~ so while i was searching for Asuka, i came across Osen. So i figured why not! so i downloaded the episodes that had been released and <3

Osen is about a girl that is 20 ( i believe) who is the Okami for a very old-fashioned Japanese restaurant. The story also focuses on a young chef who became a chef because when he was younger ate at this restaurant and was very impressed with it.

However this being the modern age and all it takes some time for him to get accustomed to not using a microwave, blender etc.

So far Osen has proved to be a very cute cooking/comedy/romance(???) drama. It seems like the focus for Osen will be the male lead finding his place in the cooking world by learning from the Okami.  

Ryoruki

Ryoruki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:31 am
after watching three seasons of Trick i got to like Abe Hiroshi <3 so i started another drama that he leads in. It's called "the man who can not get married". it's really interesting so far, he works as an architect and builds houses around the kitchen. But even though he's building for families he's not into dating. Most people take him at face value and think that he's a peculiar, sadist type. but really he likes to make people happy, even if it's at the cost of his own popularity.

I'm three episodes in and can't wait for the rest to finish downloading :3

recently i got into a conversation with a friend about the differences between J/K/C dramas. Personally i watch mostly J-drama's since i'm learning Japanese and it helps me with my listening. But i've also seen a few K-dramas that i've liked a lot (coffee prince <3) however some of the actors i'm not big fans of because of their voices. They're too high pitched or something :< that and most of the romance storylines end up tragic romances D: I've not seen any C-dramas, maybe i should look into some :3  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:45 pm
The only Live Action series I've actually seen that has been based off of the Anime/Manga series is Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon. biggrin My favorite character from that is Sailor Venus (even in the Anime/Manga series - I love Venus). I was hoping that they would do another series featuring the Outer Senshi... but I don't know if that will ever happen. sad

User Image

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Ryoruki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:24 pm
ah~ i thought that they had other seasons of the LA o.o apparently not though :< hmm they did do some specials but i doubt that they'll make another season since it's been 3 or 4 years.

Although sometimes when they end and you want more but don't get more it's a good thing. (wow that was confusing o.o; wink Like, sometimes they drag it out and it brings the series down. But then again a lot of people don't like open ended endings xD  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games