Do you think this game is a good idea?
  Yes!
  No.
  Perhaps if you tweak it a bit.
  GOLDZ!!! OwO
View Results

Chraelix

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:44 pm
NOTE: THIS GAME IS NOT ACTUALLY REAL OR IN THE MAKING (as far as I know...)

This is just kind of a fantasy that I've had in a Pokemon game... and personally, I think that Nintendo should do it.

So here's the big idea: A MEGA GAME. Basically, for each version, you start in a different region in their respective starter towns (Pallet, New Bark, Littleroot, or Twinleaf). From there, you go on the basic journey through the region, defeating gym leaders and collecting badges.

After you collect all of the badges for the region, you can take on that particular region's Elite Four + Champion. How these 'mega' games differ is that after you defeat your region's Elite Four + Champion, you can move on to ANOTHER region (reminiscent of the Gold/Silver/Crystal days) and collect that region's badges.

It goes on until you have beaten all Gym Leaders (and possibly Elite Fours/Champions... still kind of batting the idea around of having just one Elite Four/Champion or having there be more.) and collected all badges. So for example, if you get the game where you start in say, Littleroot Town, you move through Hoenn, then once you defeat the Elite Four/Champion, you can travel (somehow... take a ferry or something?) to Sinnoh. Basically it would go in a sort of circle: Kanto --> Johto --> Hoenn --> Sinnoh.

Obviously, there would be species differences in certain games, as in all Pokemon games. For example, a Meowth can only be found in the Kanto region in a certain game; while a Qwilfish can be found in Johto in another game.

If you would input on my idea, I would greatly appreciate it. blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:01 am
*whistles as a tumbleweed blows by*  

Chraelix

Unknown R A I N B O W

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:10 pm
It'd be cool as well, if you could design your own person like, Pokemon: Battle Revolution.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:42 pm
I like this idea, and maybe after you beat all the champions, and the battle pyramid king, it could be a bit like Pokemon Diamond/Pearl,and have Wi-Fi connection so we can battle everyone around the world.

B u t t e r f l y D r o p

Chraelix

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:12 pm
Ya know, I've kind of been thinking this through a bit more. In order to make this a really good game and not all sucky, the Pokemon's maximum level would have to be raised in order to keep the level differences between the gyms and Elite Fours n' such. Otherwise they'd only have perhaps 2 or 3 levels between the different gyms. Not all that challenging if you ask me. However, I still stand by my idea. I personally really want to travel between all four regions!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:08 pm
I like that idea! send that to nintendo or something!  

Jay Robyn

VIP Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:47 pm
I know for a fact that in Crystal after you beat Johto you go to Kanto.

ALSO:
I want a Johto remake.

//EDIT: All the regions would take up too much data. It would have to be a computer game.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:25 pm
Wandering Deity

ALSO:
I want a Johto remake.

//EDIT: All the regions would take up too much data. It would have to be a computer game.
Gold and Silver did that too.. You know, what with Silver and Gold as the predecessors of Crystal.

For all the regions, as long as the Colosseum games are excluded, it would work as a Wii disc. Of course, since game time passes between the games. (two or three years for G1 to G2. One or two years for G2 to G3. and around three to four years for G3 to G4.) that might makes things a little complex for the games compilation. It would have to be 4 different people. I've been working on something similar, but I'm trying to include reasoning behind the time differences, and why Johto unlocks G2 pokemon in Kanto, where Kanto had no G2 pokemon until GSC came out. I haven't played FR or LG, but I can guess that some G3 pokemon migrated there as well, which adds to the confusion of creating the game.
There's, no logical reasoning for why water and flying pokemon can't appear in any region, or why only some pokemon appear in a single region, and others appear in all regions. It would take a lot of history alterations before the game would function properly.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

KingJack!

5,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:22 pm
wellwisher
Wandering Deity

ALSO:
I want a Johto remake.

Gold and Silver did that too.. You know, what with Silver and Gold as the predecessors of Crystal.

For all the regions, as long as the Colosseum games are excluded, it would work as a Wii disc. Of course, since game time passes between the games. (two or three years for G1 to G2. One or two years for G2 to G3. and around three to four years for G3 to G4.) that might makes things a little complex for the games compilation. It would have to be 4 different people. I've been working on something similar, but I'm trying to include reasoning behind the time differences, and why Johto unlocks G2 pokemon in Kanto, where Kanto had no G2 pokemon until GSC came out. I haven't played FR or LG, but I can guess that some G3 pokemon migrated there as well, which adds to the confusion of creating the game.
There's, no logical reasoning for why water and flying pokemon can't appear in any region, or why only some pokemon appear in a single region, and others appear in all regions. It would take a lot of history alterations before the game would function properly.

But still, if we try, and maybe get that Shiny Gold guy to work in it.  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games