Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
how to spark creativity

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

randomguurl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:11 am
hello. There are times in my life when I'm just bored...I mean I try to do new things, but that for some reason hasnt helped...

what do you guys do to breakaway from the normal and create something special?

P.S. what do you do if someone is a biter and steals or copies your ideas?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:52 am
Watch really odd movies, like the Matrix or Mirror Mask, or read strange writing styles like Ann Rice and Neil Gaiman. All that weirdness usually brings something out of me, so I figure it'll work with you too.

P.S. Give them hell  

Viral Agent

Twilight Hound

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:26 am
I listen to music to spark my creativity.
P.S.
It depends on the person who stole my idea.
If I don't mind, I just change my idea to something more.
If I mind, I slowly plot my revenge...
...which ends up being really stupid, like stealing a pencil or something.
xD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:48 pm
(The Matrix isn't old! It's still cool.)

Well, one thing that helps is dreams... and also, music does help. BUt, its not the sort of thing that just can magically be made to come. You need to come up with it on your own, otherwise its just some cheap altered rip off.

Ps. I'd just... well... depends. If was something that was one of my best ideas, I'd get it out there first, and give them a hard time, but if I didn't really care, then I'd just let it go.

Katta Tsuki

ekitten614

Tipsy Genius

10,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:57 pm
Exactly, Katta! It has to be yours, whatever you do. When I have writer's block or am really bored... I make a big long list. Of something. Of what could happen next, of random things that pop into my head, of things I'm grateful for... anything. Also, listening to music does help. I think sometimes it's nice to pick something no one else does... like when you're picking a topic in school for something, picking out clothes, looking for music... it helps to go for something that most people would just pass over and say "ew" or "that's weird".  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:11 pm
well, I am very creative by nature, and I constantly have at least ten different projects in progress: painting, drawing, computer work, video games (beating and creating).... and when I am mind blocked on one, I will move on to the next, and I eventually find myself back to work on the first one at some point.

but when I want inspiration, I listen to techno music and rock instrementals(think songs that are nothing but one big guitar solo) , watch my fav movies (#1 v for vendetta, #3 donnie darko), i may watch really oddball movies anime like "paprika" and "tekkonkinkreet"., or I may play a little bit of "fire emblem"(awesome strategy game) to get my mind going.

(to Katta Tsuki: they said matrix was odd, not old)  

azrael the reaper_95210

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:20 pm
Well...the best things come to me when I'm not trying to think of them.
I've gotten some pretty epic ideas while doing something as simple as walking past the long line of busses as they were all pulling away from school or looking down a hill at a bunch of cars at night and seeing all the headlights...

But music or movies are generally a good source of inspiration.
Maybe that's why nothing seems original anymore...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:36 pm
If Ayn Rand, author of such books as Anthem and Atlas Shrugged is correct, everything that CAN be done, probably already HAS.  

Mad Haru

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:37 am
Recall memories and move the single fragments and add single pieces until they deliver a good base to be worrthy enough to be written.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:20 pm
I normally find something random to concentrate on, and ask myself "what if . . ." For example, "What if my cat grew wings?" and I expound upon it, making up details, and using things from my own experience.

if someone's stealing ideas, you can always report them, or you could go vigilante on them, or you could ignore them.  

Tarantellatears

Toshiro-oni

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:10 pm
creativity you say? well i get creative at the most unexpected times, so i just keep my self occupied, then out of nowhere creativity strikes neutral its not really effective but hey i tried sweatdrop oh and.....idk i wouldnt care unless it was something benificial if not.....let out hell twisted  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:00 am
my createst inspirations stem from my moments of greatest boredom. you can say it comes from nessesity.Also I occasionly like to look back on previous concepts, analyse what worked and what did not.And take that in mind when brainstorming.  

albel cigaro

LadyKaylaBeaner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:39 pm
Well when am bored...i do things that normally make no sense in what i call the "RealWorld"... Like playing chess wrong by yourself while at the same time sitting in a tree blowing bubbles with your foot and playing jacks...

P.S. Hunt them down and do things to them with a cactus and a croquet mallet....i am serious..  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:22 am
desire, enthusiasm and guts!  

Lokhen

The Other JayJ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:14 am
kk  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items