Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
What's your view on time? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hoboj03

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:51 am
I believe that only the present exists while the future and the past dont. The future doesnt exist because it hasnt happened yet. And the past doesnt exist because it has ceased to exist. In other words the future and the past are "unreal". Basically, i believe in presentism.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:05 pm
My view is similar. I believe that as something happens, it is the now but an instant later it is nothing but a memory. For example, now that I'm done this is a memory, and now that you're done reading it its a memory. And of course... mayberight now is just a memory... so this already happened, and in some convuluted future I'm remembering it. (Gah! temporal paradoxes!)  

Katta Tsuki

hoboj03

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:56 pm
aha, you explained it alot better than I did.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:47 pm
Technically when one thinks or remembers the past then it is a part of the present. If past events help you grow to learn by experience you are now living the present according to the past, your memory, and, usually, the familiar.
The future is not yet weaved, but the past is, in a sense, our present.  

SilentSong32

hoboj03

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:39 am
yes, I get what your saying. It kind of sounds like the "Growing Block" belief. Where the past and the present exist, yet the future doesn't.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:25 pm
My view is similar to that of SilentSong32,

except I do view the future as being weaved into the the past and the present... I live today for tomorrow... i.e things that I have done in the past and things I am doing in the present are for the future... just as things in my past will and have affected my future.

and really for me the present isn't really a time - it is... but it's so minute because as I am typing this....the only thing that is in the present is when I am actually touching a key... as soon as I've touched it...it's in the past.  

sientolo

jaded_heishi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:37 pm
my view on time is very different than most... here it goes...

time is an illusion that man has made to give sense to a perceived pattern or cycle.

well that is my 2 cents  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:40 am
Lol well how nice.
Frankly:
"Time is always against us"
Movie quote.  

N K Cake

Conservative Poster

5,700 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Khalida Nyoka
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:19 pm
Time may not even exist.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:23 am
my view is time does not in fact exist bu is a allusion and just a measurement that man created for convenience so only the present and past exist...  

last angel served

Sullen Couch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:47 pm

Ow...
my brain...
in my opinion, there's either too much time, or too little time.
neither the exact amount.
it's all a matter of perspective.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:09 pm
Time is just a word to put natural cycles into words and calculate them, like "when does the moon shine again", "How long did he/she/it live?"  

Verderbnis

Ra1k1ra_Kakashi SnJ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:31 pm
O.M.G. eek *falls over from wracking brain too much* whee The time paradox. Owie. >_< It's so difficult to understand, and yet it makes me so curious. xd The past exists because it is embedded in our memory at the present, but the future has not occurred... or has it? eek  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:29 pm
As an interesting note:

The "present" can't really exist. We all have a delay from when an event happened to the time we've processed it and actually know that it happened. Mind you, this will be a matter of femtoseconds for an unconscious reaction... but will probably take microseconds for a physical reaction.

Congratulations on existing in the past.  

Khalida Nyoka
Vice Captain

Lokhen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:02 am
Past mold what is the present and the presnt will shape the future! From here and now will decide tomorrow.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff