your thoughts
  yes
  maybe
  no
  could care less
View Results

another fairytale

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:21 pm
I know this addiction is bad for you and all, but to be honest I'm not sure I really want to kick the habit or not. I could careless at this point if I die at the age of 30 or not. But to be honest my life is almost to stress full and smoking relives this..any advice and peoples opinions on it.

As of now I'm a semi happy addict.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:31 pm
I'm a smoker too. Life, especially when you're first starting out on your own is very stressful. Still, I plan to quit when I have kids in the future but until then, I'm not planning on quitting.  

Liara Miyu

another fairytale

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:26 pm
Yeah, and I haven;t even gotten out on my own yet >,<  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:30 pm
Neither have I. I'm not even 18 yet, haha. I'm almost there though.  

Liara Miyu

xxtaintedlips

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:43 pm
You need to quit. Life is stressful, its true. Im 18 and my mom has smoked all my life I have been affected by it and it isnt fun. But you...you have started this habit and you could end up like my mom. It makes your teeth yellow, your face winkly, and your lungs...well you know what it does. Basically it ages you ALOT. And well...makes you uglier. Try taking up another stress reliever like....yoga or...reading. try writing down your problems and burning them.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:23 pm
My Mom has been smoking since she was 12 years old, so she's been smoking for 30 years now. She has tried to quit a few times about 16+ years ago, but it didn't work...
My Mom smokes and drinks when she's stressed, and I hate her doing both. My Mom can't quit smoking for herself, she can't even do it for her 4 kids that she has...

What if you were to try the hypnotizing?? I've heard that that can help smokers become non-smokers 3nodding My Mom hasn't tried that, but I'm pretty sure Mom's given up even trying to quit at all.

Good luck and I hope you can figure something out!! 3nodding

anime_freak_kouga

Ayuchane

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:32 pm
xxtaintedlips
You need to quit. Life is stressful, its true. Im 18 and my mom has smoked all my life I have been affected by it and it isnt fun. But you...you have started this habit and you could end up like my mom. It makes your teeth yellow, your face winkly, and your lungs...well you know what it does. Basically it ages you ALOT. And well...makes you uglier. Try taking up another stress reliever like....yoga or...reading. try writing down your problems and burning them.

I agree, although don't burn your letters.... rip and recycle... xD  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:21 am
Okay, sure you don't care about when you die but think about it this way: "Is smoking truly attractive?"
My mom used to tell me that looks aren't everthing but it influences a lot of what people think of you.
Getting a husband is going to be pretty hard if you fall in love with someone against smoking.
Also, like someone already mentioned, yellow teeth and a wrinkly face aren't exactly the definition of a sexy/hott/cute woman.
Stress can be relieved in many ways.
I relieve stress by listening to music while writing in my journal.
This method probably won't work for most since I'm a writing freak but, truly, writing down what happened during your days really relieves the stress.
I don't really know why but it makes me feel like I've gone through the problems already and am ready to move on; sort of like telling someone your mistakes but it's just your journal that knows.
Besides if you spend all that smoking time writing, that habit'll shrink down to nothing.
Just look at the big picture. You really should quit. (:

lucky_wish

Erdbeeregerechtigkeit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:32 pm
I used to cut myself but a friend found me one day in the bathroom and made me stop cutting myself by teaching me to smoke. It really helped me to stop but then I was addictied to smoking. I changed that addiction to Mountain Dew. It might work for you. Just everytime you have the urge to smoke, grak a favorite food or drink and eat it instead. After a few weeks you should be smoke free!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:47 pm
I myself started smoking when i was 14. For several years my mother, step dad, and sister were the only family members that knew i smoked. I smoked more when i was in the army but cut down greatly when i had a P.T. Test coming up. After i was medically discharged from the army i quit smoking for a year and a half. When i started working as a paramedic i started smoking again, but i quit thhis time with help from family and friends and a smoking cessation counselor.  

Medic83

5,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

-iiDR3AM3R-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:47 pm
you should stop smoking. even if it makez you feel better. get a hobby if that iz wat it takez 4 u 2 stop.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Smoke once a day to relive stress and give up some of your life span making you die at around 65-70  

Zat In The Hat

Hilarious Capitalist

Zat In The Hat

Hilarious Capitalist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:59 pm
Erdbeeregerechtigkeit
I used to cut myself but a friend found me one day in the bathroom and made me stop cutting myself by teaching me to smoke. It really helped me to stop but then I was addictied to smoking. I changed that addiction to Mountain Dew. It might work for you. Just everytime you have the urge to smoke, grak a favorite food or drink and eat it instead. After a few weeks you should be smoke free!

neat idea  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:54 pm
you should really quit smoking for your health. find something else to relieve stress, like reading or walking around. i've never tried smoking and i don't intend to. smoking kills your lungs, turns your nails and teeth yellow, and makes your breath smell like an ashtray. you could get cancer of the mouth, lips, or throat, lung cancer, stomach ulcers...stop me at any time. here are some links that'll tell you the effects of smoking and ways to relieve stress. hope it helps! mrgreen

http://www.quitsmokingsupport.com/heart.htm
http://www.pwc.k12.nf.ca/PROJECTS/b2201/moore/smoking/index.html
http://www.lifelovebeauty.com/life/health/2-health/68-20-ways-to-relieve-stress.html
http://www.webmd.com/balance/stress-management/stress-management-relieving-stress  

Lunastar324

Friendly Citizen

5,800 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

zolbat

Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:35 pm
I admit. Smoking is a terrible habit. It gives you a ridiculous amount of health problems. When I was 8, I broke down in tears trying to get my mum to quit. Did she? No. But she did it less, and at least she tried. I was happy for a while.
2 years later, I started. Yes. 10 years of age, I started destroying myself. I did it at first because my sister, who was 12, didn't like doing it by herself, but after she decided it 'wasn't cool' I was still at it. It calmed me when things got bad. And trust me, they got bad.
Fast forward 6 years. A freshmen in high school, and I was sucking down a pack a day, not to mention drinking about half a bottle of vodka every day and smoking weed laced with stuff I'd rather not mention. My life was that low. And smoking cigarettes wasn't enough anymore.
In a flash that lasted 2 months and led to me being shoved in a mental hospital under suicide watch, I quit everything, cold turkey. Do I regret it? No. I know it was the right thing to do, and it allowed me to become closer to my family instead of getting closer to the bottle.
But if I could, would I start it all over again? I'd like to think not. But some people, no matter how hard they try, can't stop themselves. Maybe you're that kind of person, maybe you're not. But you'll never know if you don't atleast try your hardest to quit. ^.^

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff