Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
My Friend Is Not Doing Good Things....=( wat should i do?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iilove_pie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:15 am
ok, so i have this awsome freind on gaia(and in real life)named monica.i met her in 6th grade,(im now going to be a 7th grader when school starts again). she is on gaia and we are the best of friends. well, my cuzin taught her to hack people on gaia(mostly noobs) and she wants me 2 help her but i dont.shes haked alot of people and has earned a total of 83,000g off of haking people. at first i didnt care that much, but i knew it was wrong.then she would give me stuff and i was all happy. she was recently going to hack a friend of hers on gaia who was very rich and was telling me that she was gonna give me alot of that money and i was excited. he didnt give it to her and im afraid she will get reported. but at the same time i know she kinda deserves it but i dont want to report her. she haked this emo girl who threatened to kill herself if she didnt get her acc. back. but monica came up with this lie and she believed her. she always comes out of close calls and i kinda dont think its fair.i mean i try 2 put myself in their shoes, and think how horrible thay feel and she could care less. then when i asked her'monica, wont u feel kinda bad if u hack ur rich freind and his trust is lost with you cuz u told him to trust you?' and she said'nope! cuz ill be rich!'. and i laughed with her when i really felt kinda like saying 'wtf monica!? ur evil!'.im sooo confused and i dont want anyone to report her and at the same time i do! so she knows how it feels! and to make things worse, i recently got haked of all my stuff yesterday( sat. jun. 7) , lukily my frind helped me get all my stuff back ,except for my mythrill halo ad now im poor. i mean, here i am a good girl who never haked a person in her life , and i GOT HAKED!?? AND LOSE EVERYTHING! and here she is, all bad and haking ppl on a daily schedule and STILL HASNT GOTTEN REPORTED AND HAS ALL HER STUFF AND NOTHING HAPPENED TO HER!!?? its not fair!! thats not how karma is supposed to work!i even do good in school, and she gets bad grades. what did i do? its not fair and im sooo confused. can ANYONE help me at all? should i report her.....but if i do, shell be mad at me and wont ever talk to me again.i dont want that to happen, or should i warn her or somethng!?? ahhh!! HELP PLZ!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:47 am

Oh my... well, personally I'd say unless you had some real proof of her hacking someone.. like a PM or something, you can't pin the blame on your friend. She will eventually get caught someday, maybe because you reported her or maybe because her victim actually managed to file a report that the mods managed to trace back to her.

You, I'm afraid, is also responsible. You accepted hacked items and gold from someone. And while it may not look like it inflicted any harm on you, once your friend is caught, your trading history with your friend will reflect on her account and you can be banned for receiving part of the items and gold or be mistaken for her mule account.

I'm sorry if it sounds harsh but that is the truth. Hacking is against the ToS and is a bannable offense. I think it was clearly stressed on the admin's part and both you and your friend are aware of the consequences from the start.

Xynestia

iilove_pie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:27 am
well, i know cuz we go 2 the same school and she tells me this. when i was gonna except it i knew it was wrong=( i gave it back to her in a trade after i read this. thak you for the advice, i will never accept anythig from her. unless she earned it.not hake it.im still a little confused  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:49 am
As much as the faceless masses who are injured by your friend's actions, you will want to concern yourself with her tendancy toward these actions.

She obviously has no empathy toward her victims, which is an early sign of a number of socially crippling psychological disorders and future violent criminal activity.

Hard as it may be, your first step should be to talk to your friend's parents. Let them know that you're concerned about her, you don't have to tell them why, just tell them she may need to talk to someone. If you're not confortable going to her parents, go to a councilor at school (when the year starts again). That's what they are there for.

In the meantime, for the sake of others as well as yourself, report her. She needs to learn that there are consequences to actions, even those as seemingly harmless as ripping off a bunch of people over the internet.

nytshad

o_0Cookie_Freako_0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:28 am
you should report her or just tell her to put herself in the people she hacked shoes, and ask her how would she feel? If that doesn't work then learn to hack her and then tell her that's what it feels like to be hacked, and if she doesn't want people to hack her she shouldn't hack them.

I know it sounds cruel but it's called tough love....

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games