True love? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

Ink_Weaver_Heart

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:26 pm
Is there ever really a true love? That one special person out there for us?

Are there soul mates?
Are two people really destined to meet and fall in love?

It can't be true for everyone, since so many die without knowing that kind of love. So does it really even exist at all?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:43 am
Personally I do believe it does exist. The only problem is that it is just so hard to find. With that being the case they might settle for someone that might not be perfect for them. There are also many other factors too. Since there are a few that choose a partner not just for love. What I mean it, love is more of a complicated thing. Since in a lot of cases some people that might have meant to be are separated, yet some that were never meant to be are together.

So in some ways its simple but at the same time very complicated.  

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Kyakume

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:58 pm
Yes, true love DOES exist. Almost everyone meets their soul mate at some time or another. What's sad is that so many people don't realize it or never get the chance, as Bikki Kobayashi V earlier stated  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:01 pm
I believe it does. I mean... I had always believed it exist just that I'd never find it and I never knew why. However, I have to say that; right now I think I am beginning to fall in love for the first time with someone.
I believe I'm falling for him, not just because I realize I can't stop thinking about him or smiling when I do think of him, but mostly I believe I am falling for him because there are SO many reasons that I can think of in a second that fortify why we shouldn't be together, but truth be told... I don't care.  

SilentSong32

ADreamForTheDead

7,350 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:28 am
it exists, i know it. it's out there for everyone too, the problem is that some people just won't be able to see it when it comes along. People always have misconceptions about how it will happen. the truth is that we don't know how your true love will come to be so you just have to be open and ready for everyone and everything.
heart heart heart

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:28 pm
I agree with Your_Harliquen_Romance. True love does exist. Some just don't see it when it's there. Perhaps others just don't find that someone, but everyone has a different idea of true love, and there's bound to be someone out there who sees things just the way you do and understands you.  

Fruity_Nova

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:05 pm
There is definately true love biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:09 am
Ophelianime
There is definately true love biggrin

I agree true love really does exist but it does take time to find that special someone... u'll know in ur heart when u find them!  

last angel served

iMonochromatic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:48 am
"I'm really sorry about your hand"

I personally think that true love is out there somewhere for everyone...but they may not make the right choices to find that true love. And if you do find that true love, you may not even realise until it's too late...love is certainly very complicated.

"Next time you want to hit me, use a baseball bat or a crowbar, okay?"
- Jacob Black, Eclipse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:54 am
people say true love is only understandable by adults but how many of us kids or teens can say true love can be found at any age! I have found mine and I'm a teenager. I will not disclose my age... thats private... however true love in my opinion can be found by anyone at anytime when it decides to appear... after all only u can decide what ur true love is...  

last angel served

Your Random Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:50 am
I think True Love is real but for one person to find their soul mate can take a whole lifetime to find, I think that is why so many people never find their soul mate.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:03 am
I think there is a true love, but I doubt that you will find it and think "This is my true love". Love grows with every day you spend together and it lasts after that bubblycloudyfancy falling in love thing at the beginning.

I am very critical about teenagers telling about their "true love". Maybe because I was 14 when I got together with my first BF whom I married last year. I totally agree that you can find the person who is your true love as a teenager, but I don't think that you can judge that at this point.
You are so much changing in those years, your character, your beliefs, your imagination of your future. Your true love has to agree with that. I don't think there can be a working relationship with one wanting a huge family and on travelling around the glob for years. (Randomly chosen example)
This is what even I learned and I consider me a rather naive person. Some people might think that it weakens the worth of a relationship if you do not say that your partner is your "true love" from the beginning, but I think it only shows that you take this seriously. And love is pretty serious to me.  

Shenyu

iMonochromatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:22 am
"I'm really sorry about your hand"

My mum and dad are splitting up...and yet they thought they were each other's true love...just goes to show...

"Next time you want to hit me, use a baseball bat or a crowbar, okay?"
- Jacob Black, Eclipse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:16 pm
i do believe in love;; but i believe there are different kinds of love.
i love my boyfriend, i love my older brother.
i don;t love them in the same way, but still there is a bond;; an attraction between us, that brings us closer.

everyone falls in love, but not in the same way, and not at the same extreme.
i love the random stranger on the street, because as a christian i love all of God's creation, but that doesn;t mean that i love that stranger the same way i love my mom.

it;s totally different.
and people fall out of love as well.
it just happens;;

but, i believe that although love has a start and an end in many cases, there is one specific type of love, one that IS real.
it is an impossible love, THE MOST impossible love.
one that causes you to go to the extremes for a person.
the way my mom loves me.
that;s an impossible love, is it not?

that same impossible love can happen with another person, a boyfriend or a girlfriend can fall in love, into this impossible love, in which forever isn;t scary, because spending forever together wouldn;t be enough . . .

MiStiEM00K

Wings Akimbo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:20 am
I don't agree with what seems to be the common interpretation of 'true love', which is that there is one person out there for you, and you two are perfect for each other. I don't hold this view for several reasons.

1. I don't believe that anyone two people can be perfect together. Every relationship, romantic or otherwise, has things that need to be worked on for it for function properly. While it is very possible to be so committed to a relationship that you try everything to make it work, I don't think that any relationship can be 'perfect' by default.

2. Many people may work well in a relationship with any given person. There can't be just one. Just look at the sheer number of people in the world. As well, in friendships, most people don't have one friend. There are lots of people who make good friends for a certain person, and I think this applies in a romantic relationship context as well.

3. Where does this leave poly-open people, or people who work better in polyamorous relationships?

In my opinion, 'true love' is a misnomer. No love can be truer than any other. Love is love. When we see an example of a relationship that we would think exemplifies true love, I think that what we are really seeing is a love that has conquered obstacles, is strong and committed, and the partners in that relationship have worked hard to make it work. This is love. No need to put 'true' in front of it.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff