Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
THOUGHTS OF SUICIDE WHAT DO I DO ABOUT IT?HELP!!!!!!!!! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

should i just kill myself?
  yes
  no
View Results

yarg_ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:40 pm
I've had many thought of killing myself in the past 2 months what should i do about it?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:21 am
Tell someone, get help.

A good friend of mine killed herself a few years ago, and getting through that grief and anger was awful. Please don't put your friends and family through that. GET HELP. If you don't have anyone to go to with this, call 911 or go to the emergency room and tell them you're having suicidal thoughts.  

soul donut

yarg_ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:37 am
soul donut
Tell someone, get help.

A good friend of mine killed herself a few years ago, and getting through that grief and anger was awful. Please don't put your friends and family through that. GET HELP. If you don't have anyone to go to with this, call 911 or go to the emergency room and tell them you're having suicidal thoughts.

I don't wanna tell anyone cause they'll get worried about me and i hate when people are worried....  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:12 pm
You need help. This isn't something that you can get through on your own. Your family and friends may be worried for you when you tell them, but it's because they love you and don't want you to hurt.

As much as it would have worried me to have my friend call me and tell me she wanted to kill herself, I would have helped her. I would have done anything I could to see her through that bad spot. And I never got that chance. Knowing that I wasn't even given the chance to help her hurts more than anything else, hurts more than the worry she would have given me had she reached out.

If you're not going to tell anyone close to you, please call 911 at the least. Please. There's no shame or weakness in asking for help.  

soul donut

yarg_ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:30 pm
soul donut
You need help. This isn't something that you can get through on your own. Your family and friends may be worried for you when you tell them, but it's because they love you and don't want you to hurt.

As much as it would have worried me to have my friend call me and tell me she wanted to kill herself, I would have helped her. I would have done anything I could to see her through that bad spot. And I never got that chance. Knowing that I wasn't even given the chance to help her hurts more than anything else, hurts more than the worry she would have given me had she reached out.

If you're not going to tell anyone close to you, please call 911 at the least. Please. There's no shame or weakness in asking for help.

if i call 911 wont the put me on a medication?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:21 pm
Yarg Ninja
soul donut

Not necessarily. The medication comes in if your suicidal thoughts are created by chemical imbalances in your body.

If you're not comfortable calling 911 or talking to the people who love you, there's always the suicide crisis hotlines. Many of them are anonomous and can direct you toward resources in your area.

One such line is: 1-800-273-TALK

nytshad

yarg_ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:23 pm
nytshad
Yarg Ninja
soul donut

Not necessarily. The medication comes in if your suicidal thoughts are created by chemical imbalances in your body.

If you're not comfortable calling 911 or talking to the people who love you, there's always the suicide crisis hotlines. Many of them are anonomous and can direct you toward resources in your area.

One such line is: 1-800-273-TALK

my friend(he's dead now) he called one of them and they went all crazy like it was the end of the world im not sure if i want to do that...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:37 pm
Yarg Ninja

Not necessarily. They'll get you the help you need to start feeling better; if that's therapy, or medication or whatever. It's hard to take that first step, but it's necessary.  

soul donut

yarg_ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:49 pm
soul donut
Yarg Ninja

Not necessarily. They'll get you the help you need to start feeling better; if that's therapy, or medication or whatever. It's hard to take that first step, but it's necessary.

yeah but if i do that everyone will find out and I'll be harassed  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:16 pm
Get help....... if you don't things will get much worse........ trust me
Tell someone. It may seem it will just cause a crap load of problems, but it will help. Plus its never good to keep your feelings in. it just makes them grow  

XxTattooPunkxX

yarg_ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:24 pm
well it's only thinking about it what could actually happen to me if i didn't get help?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:32 pm
Yarg Ninja
well it's only thinking about it what could actually happen to me if i didn't get help?

well you WILL eventually commit suicide. Lucky for you your not in the Gd so I'll help. Speak to someone you trust (Best friend, girlfriend, parents,etc) let out your problems talk it out. what i find relaxing is write all your problems on a piece of paper and just destroy it (Shredder, burn it, toilet, whatever) But i would seriously recommend therapy don't end up like your friend some one will miss you. I know i missed my friend after a freak accident.  

Zat In The Hat

Hilarious Capitalist

yarg_ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:34 pm
Zatenai
Yarg Ninja

well you WILL eventually commit suicide. Lucky for you your not in the Gd so I'll help. Speak to someone you trust (Best friend, girlfriend, parents,etc) let out your problems talk it out. what i find relaxing is write all your problems on a piece of paper and just destroy it (Shredder, burn it, toilet, whatever) But i would seriously recommend therapy don't end up like your friend some one will miss you. I know i missed my friend after a freak accident.

o.k ill do that but if i burn it i gotta be care almost everything in the house is flammable...i just don't want anyone to know i thought of suicide.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:37 pm
Yarg Ninja
Zatenai
Yarg Ninja

o.k ill do that but if i burn it i gotta be care almost everything in the house is flammable...i just don't want anyone to know i thought of suicide.

see how that works out for you and if nothing speak to some/therapy  

Zat In The Hat

Hilarious Capitalist

yarg_ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:40 pm
alright ill do that but i wanna avoid telling people as best as i can....o and good thing that girl who keeps saying you should just kill yourself isn't here cause should probably make me mad and i would end up killing myself...-_-  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff