Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Uh, I have a slight problem. I'm bi and....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

E M T T

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:03 am
Hey everyone. If anyone can help me out with some advice it would be greatly appreciated. You see, I'm bi, and for about four months I've really liked my best friend. Possibly to go as far as to say I love her now. In case it hadn't clicked yet we're both girls. I mean, I'll always love her as my friend but right now it really is more. But here comes the hard part. She is definately straight, and she doesn't have feelings past friendship for me. I have asked her out just to see what would happen and she rejected me (saw that coming though). Somehow she is perfectly fine with all this, well as far as i know, and nothing is awkward with us. Still best friends just like always. My main problem is - Now, I'm starting to not want to have these feelings for her. I'm getting hurt when she talks about a certain guy she likes, and I'm getting hurt when I say to her "I love you" meaning just as friends and she says "I know.. But.. I don't love you". I think right now I just want to go back to the friends feelings, in fact I know I do, but I just cant seem to be able to. Please, dont write something saying how being bi is against religion, I cant help how I feel. And please, don't tell me just to "move on" because trust me, I've tried that one. So..

Advice, Anyone?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:39 am
Well I suggest sitting down and talking to her. It could possibly ruin the friendship, but that's all that I can think of.

Oh, and if you are worried about being bi being against religion, then maybe you'd like to be a Chulklian like me? PM me if you want to know more. My siggy might startle you though (We have three gods rather than one like Christians).

Our beliefs are strange to must but they suit me smile  

Fake Aorta

5,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Kaelis Tejil

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:52 pm
wow i was in the same situation jus a few months ago. PM me and ill try to help.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:35 am
The best thing is to have a talk with her, let her know that when you tell her you love her, you mean as friends, nothing more... also you must respect her feelings, which is what you seem to be doing. You have to remember too, if you truly care for someone, you must want their happiness, whatever that may be, whether it's with you or someone else. It will be hard but eventually you will feel better about it all. Just enjoy the time you spend together as friends. Good luck, I hope it all works out for you. smile  

btrfly7

E M T T

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:32 pm
Thanks to everyone for your advice and thoughts on this, it means a lot. whee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:17 am
just touch her dude...she'll love you forever... heart heart heart  

Majix The Ninja

Anushax

9,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:40 am
Ah, the fickle thing known as love. I could feed you some cheese about how 'time heals all wounds' or 'there's someone out there' and 'the hardest thing is watching someone you love love someone else' But the blunt of the knife is she doesn't love you back. Talking to her about it won't change that. Praying to whatever gods you have won't change that. You can't change how she feels and she can't change how you feel. You should tell her though that you get hurt when she talks about boys and ask her not to. Love is a hard thing to deal with and you should try to meet new people, join a new club when the school year starts and get out there! You may meet someone new who can help you ease your feelings for your friend without losing who you are. Good luck!  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games