Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Religion Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I am...
  Christian
  Muslim
  Hindu
  Buddhist
  Pagan/Wiccan
  Agnostic
  Atheist
  Undecided
View Results

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:23 pm
I'm sure it's been done in this forum, but I didn't see any on the first page so I'm starting a new discussion.
----------------
Religion: what are your views?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:53 pm
there is already a whole subforum for religion and philosophy topics.....  

azrael the reaper_95210

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:16 am
Philosophy and religion aren't the same thing. :/  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:13 pm
I think their are alot of similarities between all religons.. They all seem to have prophet, book, document. But If religon were true all would be invited no matter who you and what you look like... I dont belive you need a catherdal,large building... Your belive in a higher power could be anywhere..God is everywhere.. So do we really need a fancy building..? I dont think people should be judged by others..Especially against each other especially other religons..Were all working towards the same belief , faith stronger than ourselves..To be better people  

ladyshari

Shenyu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:26 pm
Well I don't think it makes sense to discuss about "Are religions making sense or not", but I learned on thing for me.
Even if I am christian that can mean a LOT of different things. There are so many "subtypes" and all call theirselves "christian".
This makes discussions even harder.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:01 am
Nemesis Erinys
Philosophy and religion aren't the same thing. :/

nonetheless, there is already a subforum for this, and it is not this one......  

azrael the reaper_95210

PelicanBlack

Dapper Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:43 am
To me, it doesn't matter what religion a person follows... You are who you are.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:47 pm
I'm not so much religious as I am spiritual. I believe in some of my Catholic upbringing, but I've also found that Wicca answers a lot of my feelings and questions in life. In the same token, so due Buddhism, Taoism, etc. I've also come to understand that I believe without all the texts and rituals and I don't really follow any of that stuff. I just believe and I don't let anyone tell me what I should believe in or what I believe is wrong. It's what I believe in, what I feel, and what I've felt since I was a child. I've always kind of been in touch with the unseen things as opposed to physical "evidence", if that's what you want to call it. I don't need any texts, priest/esses, or rituals to prove my faith or tell me how to prove mmy faith. I guess that's what they call "faith."  

Azaveil

8,050 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:43 am
I don't belong to any religion, because I don't see any of my questions answered in it. Sure, Jesus, Moses or Mohammed may have existed, but not the way they are described in their religion, personally I think they were more like people who gave some advice how to live together a better way without crushing each others skullfor minor reasons. The wonders and miracles, were just part of a mythicalisation.

If you think you need to believe in something, do as you wish, as long as you don't shove your religion down on other peoples throat, it's just a paradox to the message of most religions.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:45 pm
I'm an agnostic. I am open to religion, just not ready for the changes.  

Tagga

Greedy Capitalist

Bakoj

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:14 pm
I was born a Catholic, but I'm more of an Agnostic than anything else. To be precise, I believe in a Supreme Being and I believe in an afterlife, and that's pretty much it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:55 pm
I'm not sure what I am. I guess agnostic. I usually only believe what can be proven to me by physical proof. I won't believe pictures as proof, because i know it can be edited, as well as many other things. I usually rely on logic and common sense to find my beliefs, but I'm open to religious views, and respect other's religion. I wish to believe there is an after life, but I have no clue. I sometimes think that people just thought up after life to give them hope that there is no absolute end to their life.  

Mai Chou-chan

G0d_0f_R0ck

5,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:32 am
personally i am christian but not any type of christian i don't go to church and i don't believe in organized religion. there are to many things that just don't make sense for example the priest or pasture or whoever should not have the athority to tell you what gods word is to baptise u to bless the sacremen if no one else can that would make people unequal and did god not create us to be equals different yes but equal also and this is the mai n reason i don't believe in organized religion there have been so many wars over organized religion the crusades world war two the fight against the terrorists ect. now im sure some will rebuttle and say the crusades were fought for holy puposes but they really weren't they were fought for land and don't tell me that it was holy land cause it wasn't there is no such thing other than heaven that is holy land u could have let it go but instead u chose to fight and kill which is a sin. as for the world war two if there was no orginized religion it would have never happened and u all now it. the current war with terrorists again can be blamed on religion  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:29 pm
I don't care what religion people are as long as they respect my views and don't try to conform me. Also, food for thought: our mythology was once considered a religion to the Greeks, Romans, and Egyptians. heart  

Esme Eames

Lus-cloud

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:20 am
Any one ever noticed how all the ancient cilvilizations had the same kinds of gods with different names.

Then Christainy came along and those became myth?

I personally believe in the Greek gods, where apollo and artemis are not the gods of sun and moon. That was the Roman's people!  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff