View Results

cheerchik

Hilarious Smoker

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:23 am
what do you do when you know 2 girls. and the 3 of you guys have been best friends since kindergarden. and now you're gonna be sophmores in high schoool.

well heres the problem..
my "bestfriends" are also best friends with eachother.
soo, suddenly their dating these 2 boys and they just happen to be brothers
and now they act like they don't want me around like ever
and it started happening a week before they had boyfriends
so now, its summer and i sit at home all day because my bestfriends are out with their boyfriends.
i would hang with my other friends but i never can get rides places
but thats not the point.

what do i do?
like i want things to go back to normal from before when they didn't have boyfriends and we all hung out all the time.

but i do feel like they don't want me there sometimes. like they whisper to eachother and stuff. and i don't know. i just feel different than them.
please help me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:42 am
This probably isn't exactly what you want to hear but, most people change throughout time and there's not a whole lot we can do.
alot of people like to spend more time with their significant others rather than normal friends, this is a habit that can go away or get worse.
NAd don't worry about feeling different than them, they've a new thing to talk about that from what I gather from your post you don't, they like to talk about dating becasue that's an integral part of their lives right now.
Once again I'm sorry but there's little you can do when friends change but maybe you should try talking to them...Sometimes talking helps alot, but other times it can exacerbate the situation so be cautious on how you choose your words.  

Abrien Sliver

Generous Capitalist

7,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

btrfly7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:50 pm
I agree with Abrien, friends will change like that and really there's little we can do about it. My suggestion is to have a talk with them both and let them know how you feel. If they are true friends, they will understand and change how they are acting. Their reason for talking to each other, like you said, is because both of them have the thing in common that you don't (a boyfriend). But just talk to them and I hope things work out for you. Good luck sweetie!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:05 pm
whoah, there.
they have boyfriends, so it;s normal for them to spend more time with their boyfriends.
although, if it gets to the point where you are being neglected, then try talking about it.
if it doesn;t work, then they weren;t worth being your best friend in the first place.  

MiStiEM00K

Ojamagic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:35 pm
W-O-W

My advice to you is that your best friends are kind of assholes...
if they are willing to ignore you over a boy, then totally forget about them and move on... I mean, there are other people out there that won't ignore you, right?

So ditch them, and when the come crying back to you when they get dumped, then you won't be there.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:26 pm
Yup, I know this is repetitive, but the best thing would probably be to talk to them. Tell them what your feeling, I don't think it could make things much worse, but more likely would make it better. If they break up, make sure you're there for them and they'll appreciate it. If you happen to get a bf, you could suggest going on a triple date!  

ekitten614

Tipsy Genius

10,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100

~.Kaarii.~

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:55 am
I can say that I've probably had this problem a lot in the past and I can say that I've been on both sides of the equation, the neglected and the neglector. All I can say is that you've been friends for a very long time and they haven't had boyfriends for that long compared to it, so sooner or later they might snap out of it and/or break up. Sounds a bit like being just a shoulder to cry on when things fall apart, but that's what friends do. It's nice having a boyfriend, so when you do have one, it feels like he's a big part of your life. If they don't stop neglecting you, then you should definitely talk to them about it. If they brush it off as you looking too deeply into things, then maybe you should find some new friends, or find a way to hang out with your other friends. There are buses and taxis or just plain walking if you can't find a ride anywhere.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:21 pm
Let me light up the sky, light it up for you

I can see both sides of the fence...
my previous best friend got a boyfriend and i was jealous of all the time they were spending together and whatnot....[they eventually broke up]
then the following year, I got myself a good boyfriend. one that i am inseparable with. i know i have not been a good friend at all...but at the same time i don't really mind. i would rather hang out with my boyfriend most of the time...it's natural.
my advice: let it run it's course, talk to them, or find new friends.

Let me tell you why, I would die for you

iToxicMoon

i_Like_your_Sockks

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:12 am
i have this problem too. only its a little different. what i do is just ignore them when they do stuff like that. my "friends" are telling me they liked me better when i was the girly girl i was in 6th grade two years ago. if they really are friends then they wouldn't do stuff like that. i suggest talking to them about that. just calmly confront them that they aren't being nice and you feel like theyr'e pushing you out of their lives. if they are true friends they'll apologize and tell you they didn't realize they were doing that.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:22 pm
Emowafflexx
W-O-W

My advice to you is that your best friends are kind of assholes...
if they are willing to ignore you over a boy, then totally forget about them and move on... I mean, there are other people out there that won't ignore you, right?

So ditch them, and when the come crying back to you when they get dumped, then you won't be there.

i agree with Emowafflexx!

your friends are pushing you aside for a BOYFRIEND!
if yall were REAL best friends then they wouldn't push
you out of their conversations! and them having a
boyfriend and you not is a good reason for them not
talking to you as much!!!!

OMG-JuliaJean

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items