Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

=)
  =)
View Results

Kagayaku Shirou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:03 am

Well the thing i enjoy more here is to discuss about god, but reading some topics I realized that when people is asked about to believe in god the common answer is yes or no, there is no hypothesis about the "right" concept but only opinions, so here is my question:

Can you explain the concept of god that applies to you and add if you believe in it or not? In the case that the concept of god you expose is the "official" concept of any religion, can you tell if you have an opinion about it o if you are just following others?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:17 pm

I guess you guys need an example of what I mean...

ok here is my concept.

To me god is a fairy tale, because of two simple reasons, one, god is an almighty being, that would meant that he has an infinite power over universe and two, he is conscious of this, this leads me to think that he has an uconsciousness, wich would be the infite infinite, which to me, is impossible.

I do believe that our own unconsciousness is individual and at the same time universal, by that I mean that its one divided in everything of this universe.

Kagayaku Shirou

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:08 pm
To me god is easy to explain:

God was invented, to explain natural processes , without knowing about their sources. Germanic people were afraid of thunder, because they thought it was the anger of the gods. Today we know better, nobody with the knowledge about it would say it's the wrath of a god. Just like volcanoes, today we know they are somekind of vent in the earth crust, reacting to tectonical movement.

The belief in god is to me like looking at a beautiful garden: some would say it was fairies who made that garden beautiful.

The concept of god means to find a way to explain the currently "unexplainable". To me it doesn't matter what kind of religion it is, superlative or failable, immortal or mortal gods, monotheistic or polytheisthic, the only thing that changes is the amount of gods being the explaination.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:31 pm
I agree with Verderbnis. To me, religions seem to be different ways of explaining aspects of life and nature, as well as a way of making humans seem more important than they are in the grand scheme of things and to give "meaning" to peoples' lives.  

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:01 pm
Also at the beginning of older cultures "the word of god" measured the social politics. A king alone has no possibility to prohibit murder or robbery, so a higher being had to say "killing others suck". Of course, to make his powers solid, the king/emperor had to be a "representant of god", to keep the masses on the short.

The best way for me to deal with my latent spiritualism, was simply to accept some aspects.

I personally do not believe in god, because I prefer to ask things, than simply looking at them. I still can be a good man without having the bible on stock. To me god is like an anachronism, like the pinkies on the hands; good to have, but not really necessary!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:40 am
For me God is the creator who cannot be understood. He is the origin of all and he can do everything, but he does not and we do not know why and we won't understand it. I think to that point that is just what the Catholic Church say, but I do not agree with some things they make of this.

For example that it is wrong to be gay because you are meant pass on the creation. I think you can do this by teaching others important values. Therefore you do not need to have a sentence of the bible for every situation, even if it would not be wrong to read it... actually it is never wrong to read, as long as you think about it.

AND because I don't think you can understand the "masterplan", I don't believe that the pope is always right. He surely is a well educated person, but he is human in the and and so he makes mistakes.  

Shenyu

Felixaran

1,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:02 am
God created everything and through him everything was and is created.

Science... it is a way to explain things we do not understand. I'm not saying it's false, no it's pretty much mostly correct. But all that big bang, and Evil-lution is impossible. God is a whole lot more possible than that crap.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:14 am
According to Felixaran I wanna add something^^
I DO believe in science, because it is no contradiction for me. I once read a sentence and I agree with that.
"The science tells you "how", the belief tells you "why"."  

Shenyu

whitedove19

Festive Guardian

32,850 Points
  • Monster Hunter 100
  • Skilled Decorator 100
  • Master Converter 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:29 am
I have been raised to believe in the Bible,God and our Lord Jesus! Let me post a question or two. 1.Does it matter if your a Christian,Catholic,or other? Or is it the fact you read the Bible and learn from it? 2. If being "gay" is wrong simply because they can't pro-create, then what about people who can't have kids? Are they sinners also? My personal belief is ,when Jesus came to us "he" started a new chapter. We are to hold on to the 10 commandments from the old testiment .And listen to Jesus's teaching from here on. If you look at Duet. and Lev. you will see alot of laws that are now almost imposible to do. For you girls out there, it state that during our "monthly" time we are to move out of our tent (home),then at the of our "monthly time" burn everything. Cloths,bedding ect. Now can you see us moving out,and burning everything just because of our "monthly time"? Think about how expensive that would be to replace sheets,blankets and cloths once a month. In my opinion, Jesus knew we could no longer follow so many rules ,after all people were messing them up any way. The Sermond on the Mount is the best thing for us to listen to and do our best to live by.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:16 pm
Felixaran
God created everything and through him everything was and is created.

Science... it is a way to explain things we do not understand. I'm not saying it's false, no it's pretty much mostly correct. But all that big bang, and Evil-lution is impossible. God is a whole lot more possible than that crap.

How do you find it easier to believe that there's an omnipresent, omnipotent 'sky-wizard' than to believe the theory of evolution? At least evolution has supportive evidence! Clearly, your understanding of evolution and related theories is extremely limited. Do yourself a favor and do some research.  

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:21 pm
whitedove19
I have been raised to believe in the Bible,God and our Lord Jesus! Let me post a question or two. 1.Does it matter if your a Christian,Catholic,or other? Or is it the fact you read the Bible and learn from it? 2. If being "gay" is wrong simply because they can't pro-create, then what about people who can't have kids? Are they sinners also? My personal belief is ,when Jesus came to us "he" started a new chapter. We are to hold on to the 10 commandments from the old testiment .And listen to Jesus's teaching from here on. If you look at Duet. and Lev. you will see alot of laws that are now almost imposible to do. For you girls out there, it state that during our "monthly" time we are to move out of our tent (home),then at the of our "monthly time" burn everything. Cloths,bedding ect. Now can you see us moving out,and burning everything just because of our "monthly time"? Think about how expensive that would be to replace sheets,blankets and cloths once a month. In my opinion, Jesus knew we could no longer follow so many rules ,after all people were messing them up any way. The Sermond on the Mount is the best thing for us to listen to and do our best to live by.

It just seems to me that, if you believe that the bible really is something from god, how or why would you accept any part of it but reject other parts? If you really believe that the bible is something from god, don't you think ignoring some of the things he said would piss him off?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:31 pm
I agree with Nemesis Erinys, when it comes to the bible and "God" I think that you have to believe either all of it or none of it. As for my beliefs, I think that God is merely something that people made up. The reason for this, I believe, is that they realized they were the most evolved things on the planet and it scared them to realize that there was nothing else. So in order to ease these fears they came up with religion, which has lead to some of the most brutal wars in history.  

Sougun Akuma

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:42 pm
I also agree with that point, most people are afraid of their abilities, which makes them do the wrong things to the wrong time. So they connect to a religion which gives them a doctrine and routine (what are holidays?).

Unfortunately every religion is ruled by a radical minority, which makes the group appear bad. I know, not all christians should drown in hell, some of them state the church false and follow their own ways.

And people who want to give a damn about science: Please turn off your computer and throw it away it is evil black magic, also do not use electricity, that's even blacker magic.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:20 am
It's not that I don't believe all of the Bible. I don't remember exactly but Jesus said to the temple; I am not here to enforce my fathers laws...... I understood that part as to say, Jesus was here to give us new simpler laws that we could follow.  

whitedove19

Festive Guardian

32,850 Points
  • Monster Hunter 100
  • Skilled Decorator 100
  • Master Converter 500

Kagayaku Shirou

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:06 am

Even tho I don't believe in god, or any superior being, I understand the position of those who believe in certain things on the bible or other holy book, and the reason is simple, those books were written to civilize a determined people, so if you believe you can choose what to believe based in the fact that a human wrote those books and it could have missed something of what god said...

Also, to the ones that believe god made it all, he made a master plan or just throw elements to the space to the see the pretty colors they made?

Lastly, if we think about the bible, the Koran, the taos, and any other "holy" book, its not hard to notice that its a free interpretation book, the catch is in religion, when they try to make you think what they want.

"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff