Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
What makes you happier? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What makes you happier?
  Winning the lottery.
  Receiving a rose at random hours all day.
  Winning the Nobel Peace Prize.
  Being able to see a natural scene everyday (ie sunsets and oceans).
  I don't know....
View Results

Silvie Verisimilitude

Gracious Hunter

6,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:21 am
I just happened across this topic somewhere else. I suppose it does pose a nice little question. What does make a person happier? The finer things in life, or the little things? Personally I think little things often would make me happier...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:29 pm
I voted Nobel Prize. (And I didn't receive any gold for it and this is my first voting today! gonk )

I don't know... little things are important... but they're not enough. I think that something as big as that would make me happy, because I would know that I have achieved something truly important and that my life here (on this planet) wasn't in vane.

And by the way, I think that winning the lottery would just stress me out. There was an article about it. I don't remember where. A lot of people who receive a lot of money out of the blue don't handle it very well, their relatives and acquaintances start pressuring them and they end up pretty miserable.  

Symbolism of number One

Plump luckypie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:56 am
Symbolism of number One
I voted Nobel Prize. (And I didn't receive any gold for it and this is my first voting today! gonk )

I don't know... little things are important... but they're not enough. I think that something as big as that would make me happy, because I would know that I have achieved something truly important and that my life here (on this planet) wasn't in vane.

And by the way, I think that winning the lottery would just stress me out. There was an article about it. I don't remember where. A lot of people who receive a lot of money out of the blue don't handle it very well, their relatives and acquaintances start pressuring them and they end up pretty miserable.

Yes yes, I agree about the Lotto. I saw something on A&E about a few lotto winners, they tend to do it every few years with new people. Most of the people wound up poorer than they had been when they won, because they just spent it so irrationally. So they either wound up broke or crazy. I'm already half way there - I don't need any more help haha. btw, it is the little things in life that make me very happy.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:30 pm
I voted for seeing a nature scene every day. I think a better answer for me would have been "meeting a new person every day and having a conversation with them." That would be awesome.  

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Triltsch

2,650 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:54 pm
I love pretty little things. I voted roses… I'm cursed with a need for instant gratification and a need for trifling things. Oh well… what makes me happy makes me happy. It would make me happy that someone was sending me roses.

But I also agree with Erinys… I love talking to people. Knowing that people would want to talk to me… that makes me very happy.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:42 pm
Out of those 4 choices, I don't know which would make me happier. The smaller things in life make me happy, but out of those, I really don't know. If I could add something to the poll, I would add "Getting a book (I'd like) every day". I always seem to run out of things to read... crying  

une_pomme_verte

Mad Haru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:24 pm
I need manga!
and ramen!
and a comprehension of the Japanese language!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:17 pm
As for the other things, someone could be happy without a lot of money and things like that but it certainly takes a strong person to do so. I might be strong enough, I might not, I don't know.
All I know is that I usually just concentrate on other peoples' happiness and as long as I can make other people feel better then this saddening torture of life is worth it.
I used to always be sad and I voted the nature scene because nature has the strangest way of calming me no matter what. Nature is simply beautiful.
However, I found something that makes me feel the happiest all the time now. When I don't have to do anything to make someone happy. When I can make someone happy just by simply being...  

SilentSong32

anime_freak_kouga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:25 am
My older Bro makes me happy 3nodding
No matter how depressed/upset I am feeling, he can always cheer me up 4laugh

My dogs too, all they have to do is look at me with their big brown eyes and I am instantly happy.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:14 pm
all of those things would make me happy.. i'm easy to please. o.O  

Siren Avalon

Invisible Hunter

12,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Ashiyo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:24 pm
i love seeing the world in just the right light, when if you'd gone outside five minutes later, you would've missed how pretty the trees looked or the way the sky looked.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:09 am
I like sleeping. It's like an escape. You can find whatever you want there and do whatever you want there. Though, it's sort of frightening to be trapped in your own mind.  

Odgovor

Shenyu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:09 pm
I voted "I don't know".

Of course winning the lottery would make me happy. I could pay my mom^^ I could finally buy a new car... save money for later so I would not have to worry about becoming old... on the other hand I think this would be VERY NICE, but would it be BEST?

The noble price is great. You get money, you are smart... but when you are smart you know a lot of things you do not want to. Being a little naive can save you some nerves.

Roses at random hours... no way... this is too flat...

Seeing a nature scene... that is great because it means you have freedom and time to watch it. Freedom is nice and having time as well. AND it means that there actually is a nature. But on the other hand, it is not so nice if you have to watch it alone.

So, I dunno what is the best.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:49 am
Really silly, stupid little things make me happy. Sneezing for instance, or hiccuping.

Or when my cat lies down in the sun and waits for me to start stroaking his tummy. (Or face the consequences.)

And then absolutely wonderful things will happen, and I wont change facial expressions, but I'm just like that.

The Chipmunk Scourge

Shenyu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:15 pm
Quote:
Sneezing for instance, or hiccuping.

I don't want to offend you, but could you explain to me why sneezing and hiccupping make you happy? Don't you sneeze when you are ill?  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff