Submit

Lunastar324

Friendly Citizen

5,800 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:15 pm
Okay, here's the problem. My friend wanted me to join color guard, because she wanted to be in it too. When I first went to practice with her, I was nervous, but after a while, I got used to it. I'm starting to like color guard, maybe enough to be part of it. However, my friend wants to quit because it's really hard for her.
Now, I know you're thinking "How is this a problem? If she wants to quit, she can quit, right?" But that's not it. She wants me to quit too! I want to tell her that I want to stay in color guard, but I'm afraid that if I do, she'll hate me for it. What do I do? Please help me... crying  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:50 pm
You should tell her you want to stay in it. If she has a problem with it then ask yourself is she really your Friend. She should Understand, however Make sure you still have time for her.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

Ashiyo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:38 pm
if she wants to quit, let her. some people just aren't as good at certain things, and if you really like it and are doing well, keep doing it. tell her that you enjoy it and perhaps that you're sorry she didn't pick it up as well. maybe even thank her for asking you to join cause you like it so much.

things happen like that. i had a friend who wanted to be in mock trail so bad and asked me to come along with her and try out. i didn't mind, so i did. i made it and she didn't, i felt a little bad, but it was fun.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:00 am
A true friend wouldn't hate you for that reason.
If she really was a friend, she'll support you and be glad that you've found something you enjoy.
Talk to her about it. Don't quit just because she wants to...
You'll probably end up regretting it.  

A r i s t t e

shani26

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:37 pm
I think you shouldn't quit. You should tell your friend the truth don't lay to poeple just to make them feel close to you. I think it would hurt her more badly to know you quit just cuz she did. no one wants a copy of him as a friend.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:14 pm
you should never allow anyone to dictate any of your choices in life, no matter how close to them you are. you should tell your friend that you like color guard, and tell her you not going to quit. don't just say you don't want to. put your foot down and refuse. since you guys are friends, she should be cool with it. and maybe she'll stay with it. if nothing else, you'll make a lot more friends because your in it. just stick with what you love and do it without regret, because you will regret it if you quit what you like.  

the_forgotten_thought

nytshad

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:59 pm
While I agree with what's been said thus far, I'd like to offer an alternative solution:

Don't let her quit.

As her friend, talk to her about the difficulties she is having and how you can help her overcome them. Offer to do extra practice with her, quiz her on formations, be her support. Her desire to quit because something she wanted is harder than she expected should not be accomodated. She needs to learn to overcome her fears and address her faults before she enters the working world and finds out that most things in life (no matter how good you are at them) are difficult sometimes.

And if she's still not receptive to your help, tell her that you enjoy colorgaurd and it's something you want to continue doing. If she still wants you to quit, ask why she would take something you enjoy away from you. If she doesn't have a logical answer, it might be best to go your separate ways.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:13 pm
Let me light up the sky, light it up for you

this one is easy. she doesn't control your life, so do what you want with it. tell her that you wish to stay in this colour guard, and if she has a problem with that, I don't really see you two staying as friends if she gets mad because she can't control whether or not you quit something you like.

Let me tell you why, I would die for you

iToxicMoon

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces