Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
No Firearms Allowed on these Premisis. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DvnT

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:02 pm
Why should places be banning guns? It makes no sence. Sure, if someone brings a gun, they could shoot the place up, but if the guns are banned, someone can still bring them, and shoot. But if they arn't banned, chances are going to be, some one there will have a gun to shoot back with.

I want your opinions on whether or not guns should be banned, why and why not.

No pun intended.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:40 pm
Yeah, but how often does that happen in your area?

How often did that happen to you or someone else you know?

And would you really shoot back after someone started surprisingly to to fire?

Carrying a weapon as a civilian makes no sense in my opinion, because carrying a weapon makes people fight fires with bombs (just a comparision).

Anyways, if someone would shoot at me, I'd rather run away or die, that's the only two options left in that situation.  

Verderbnis

DvnT

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:16 am
But say there was someone there, who grew up practiceing with guns? If he were allowed a gun why wouldn't he shoot back? That's one reason one of the recent colleges' had as few deaths as they did: Someone was there [Out side on the street, not in the building], with a gun, who was trained with it.

And it happens quite frequently where I am. Even more often to my friends in family's houses. It's not the exception where I am.

Yes, if someone were to start shooting, if I could get a good shot, I would do my best to take the person out. Not kill them, but shot an arm or leg.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:31 pm
What if a person steals a gun from another and shoots with it? The one would not have a weapon to shoot back... I mean there is so much stealing in this world.

Nevertheless. Here weapons are NOWHERE allowed, except for the police and in special houses with a lot of restrictions and we do not have so many people going wild with weapons...

I think if you give people guns, they will use them. For good reasons, for bad reasons, for misunderständings... And you can also kill someone by shooting him in the leg...  

Shenyu

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:14 pm
In my honest opinion, firearms should only be allowed to security forces, every armed civilian is a possible threat to other individuals. Even though, the person has trained his whole life long, you can't be really sure how that person works. There are a lot of factors making a person draw the weapon, for example alcoholism or influence of other drugs.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:18 pm
right to bear arms... pure and simple. In all actuality, it is illegal for anywhere in the US to ban guns. That is, if the govt actually upheld the bill of rights.....  

azrael the reaper_95210

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:40 am
That's actually an anachronism, I am sure the USA has now something like an organisation called police. In todays time it's not necessary to be a happy trigger cowboy to defend the own property, there are security forces which civilians have to put trust into, to keep them save from harm. Maybe it's that right which gives you the chance to defend your life, but it's also the right, which gives the criminal the power to bring you into that situation.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:48 am
Put it this way:
Your a parent. Your child goes to a public school that has poor security [As in, no metal detectors, no Detective in building] and is 5+ minutes from a local police station. At this school, guns and other firearms are prohibited, even from teachers. I understand not letting minors use the guns. You think "Because it's against the rules, no one will do it."
One day, a shooter breaks in, or a kid brings a gun to school and shoots up the class your child was in. Your child is dead because the teacher was not allowed to bring his gun to school for protection. Even the AUTHORITATIVE FIGURE wasn't allowed to have his gun because he was on school property.
The police show up minutes later --too late to help your child-- and arrest the person who shot.

I'm in a school right now where a situation like this is very likely. So don't tell me that there is no reason for anyone to use fire arms except the authorities.

DvnT

Shenyu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:56 am
Quote:
One day, a shooter breaks in, or a kid brings a gun to school

Isn't the question if that kid needed to have that gun in the first place? I mean where was it from? Parentes house? Found in a closet? Did nobody think it was necessary to lock it away?
And why would somebody shoot others? If you assume that not everybody in the world is mentally disabled people do not do that for fun. And if they think it is fun something went REALLY wrong in their lives.

Giving guns like bread is no solution. Anyway if there is no Lucky Luke the kid with the gun will have shot somebody before another can pull his gun out of his wherever it is stored.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:01 pm
dvn -camilla price-

The police show up minutes later --too late to help your child-- and arrest the person who shot.

I'll tell you once it happens! 3nodding

Btw, someone should slap the parents to be so dumb and leave the weapon accessable to their child.  

Verderbnis

poesgirl1840

6,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:17 am
I think that guns should be banned. Some people think that just because they have something, they should use it. Some would be immature and not be able to handle the responsibility of having a gun. Then there are others, who in a fit of rage, would use the gun and regret it later.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:25 pm
You could say that guns are restricted here since I live in Base Housing. We have to check everything in to either be stored on base or rarely, keep in the home disassembled and put up. we don't have much problems with guns. There was only one time in almost 2 years of living here that I heard about a small shooting in this new club they build in town.  

Lenelee

7,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

DvnT

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:46 pm
Shenyu
Quote:
One day, a shooter breaks in, or a kid brings a gun to school

Isn't the question if that kid needed to have that gun in the first place? I mean where was it from? Parentes house? Found in a closet? Did nobody think it was necessary to lock it away?
And why would somebody shoot others? If you assume that not everybody in the world is mentally disabled people do not do that for fun. And if they think it is fun something went REALLY wrong in their lives.

Giving guns like bread is no solution. Anyway if there is no Lucky Luke the kid with the gun will have shot somebody before another can pull his gun out of his wherever it is stored.

Does it matter where he/she got it? All that matters is that they have it, and the only reason they got it in and shot someone was because there wasn't anyone allowed to have another defensive mechinism. This is how it works:
Someone puts up a rule. People follow the rule. A bad person breaks the rule, and no one else can stop them because that would mean breaking the rule too.

I'm not saying give guns to everyone. But give people licenses to use them and stop banning them every where. Because only the good people will follow the rules. Bad guys will break them and the rest of the people will be defencless.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:51 am
That's actually, what other civilised states besides the USA do, for a legal firearm you'll have to pass psychological tests, register you and your gun at the next police bureau and contain it 24/7 in a weapon rack. Everything else could get you in serious trouble, especially if your little sunshine suddenly starts to shoot down classmates, in that case you're the one to blame.

For my circumstances, the american gunlaws are ineffective and more than lousy. Owning a gun has nothing to deal with selfdefence today, they are only a steroid for opinions. That self defense part is merely a symptom of typical american paranoia, I have never seen something like this "I sleep with a gun under my pillow"-behaviour anywhere else. The easiest reason to get in trouble is to accompany one of those "bad guys". Just think about in what kind of region you live in and how often happened something in your neighborhood, maybe often, but how much happened to you, yet?  

Verderbnis

Shenyu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:45 pm
Quote:
Does it matter where he/she got it?

Yes it does. That way you can prevent people who should not have weapons from getting them. (That was terrible grammar... sorry...)  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff