Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Barrack Obama Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sougun Akuma

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:33 pm
Im interested in what you all think about Obama. Could he be the savior of our country or is he the one thats gonna lead us into the ground. Tell me what you think?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:09 pm
We're already being run into the ground.. I don't think Obama could screw it up any worse.. I've been wrong before, though.  

PelicanBlack

Dapper Prophet

Mad Haru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:17 pm
I say that he'll be better than anyone else.
And also, I saw John McCain's campaign bus earlier today.
Off topic, but still.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:00 pm
I have high hopes for Obama, and I certainly think he'd be better than McCain (who needs another Bush term?).

Kind of off-topic, but I shook Obama's hand! mrgreen  

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Shenyu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:31 pm
I think he is scary.

I was kinda amused when I heard that he had a bigger audience in Germany than in the US^^
But I was more amused when I heard that they tried to keep him away from a special place, because one street that leads to it is call "Mohrenstraße". "Mohr" is a very old name for a person with dark skin and politically incorrect now. So they did not want him to see that, because they feared he might feel offended (as if any American would know that word...)
Well, that's how we German's are. Just don't offend anyone...

His speech was a lot of twinkle-winkle-let-us-together-Digimon-style... but nothing concrete. I was kinda disappointed.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:28 am
Obama will be the one who brings back this country from being run into the ground by Bush.  

Crusnik X

Distinct Gaian

3,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Bumblefish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:04 pm
Anyone's better than Bush.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:39 pm
He seems like the type who will pave the way for the person after him, without doing important. He's very charismatic though, which is nice. But it'll all depend on who his VP is because that'll be the person who does something. But he's better than Bush.  

Armads the Doom Bringer

-Less than Graceful-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:22 am
I feel that Obama will be a good leader and may fix some connections over seas that have been frayed by Bush. I feel that he has been given more of a hard-time because of his race and now the news that because he's skinny fat people might feel it's best not to vote for him. Though that is a fairly stupid thing to do, and they shouldn't be obess (sp?) anyway. He will be a perfectly suitable president.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:14 am
Hm...Obama...Well he seems like a nice guy and all but as for being Pres. Nah. I dont think he'd do great, or bad. He may stabilize the country but i've done my research back in Gov't. Class in high school, his plans are descent but as said by one of the fellow guild memebers, Its not concrete. So, yeah. And as said by another guild member, it all depends on who his VP is. No president is great, no VP is great. Though if you have a good VP and your a good person for Pres then yes, the duo will be great. To be honest, i think it would be great if Obama asked McCain to be his VP.

Off topic but, why does everyone dis bush? I mean, everyone blames him for the wars over seas, but does anyone truly realize that CONGRESS is the one who let the gov't go to war? The president is not allowed to declare true war. Now say something as War on Terrorism. Yea the pres. can do that but not true war, like whats going on now. Another point is that Congress proceded to go to war with, Afgahnestan(spelling?) and Iraq. Not Bush. I hope i have no made anyone mad by saying this but I wanted people to know the truth about how wars can be started. And im sure most if not all of you already knew this. But its something i had to get off my chest. Once again sorry for the major Off Topic rant.  

Ohne_Dich777

KyuubiFoxGirl9

6,000 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:44 pm
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii personally dont like politics all too much. but if i had to give my opinion, i dont really think obama would be a good presidents. there just werent any good candidates this year...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:13 pm
I'm not impressed with Obama's forien connections. He seems way to chummy chummy with the people we are at war with. He also seems a little too inexperienced for candidacy.

Personally, I'm hoping that McCain has Condalisa Rice be his vice president. She's got a great head on her shoulders.

Condi for 2012!
IEditYourWorld  

IEditYourWorld

ladyshari

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:37 am
I like Obama he seems to provide hope when their doesnt seem to be one. I think we need a leader who is strong and hopeful.. I worry that McCain will give us more of what what we have had with bush..I think we need a change..  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:42 pm
social xx reject
We're already being run into the ground.. I don't think Obama could screw it up any worse..

^^^ I agree wth her ^^^
I think Obama can only help and he has some ideas that needed to be acted apon long ago and i just hope it isnt to late  

Caity9117

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces