Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Relationships: High School....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChrnsSandman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:02 pm
Has/Does anyone have a thing where they just can't really think about have a relationship that goes anything past being just friends?
I don't know how to describe it... i guess i've kinda put a mental block about thinking about any girls that i'm friends with in a sexual way. Maybe it's just because i'm socially retarded, and that i think i would screw up if i started going out with a friend.
I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue before. My friend said today that i should get a girlfriend, and i realized that unless i get past that, i'm gonna have a pretty crappy life during/after high school...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:17 pm
Thats really good. Dont go out with friends, it all awkward.
Dont shoot for a gf, let her find you.
And High School will be fine without a gf, its a time for making tons of friends, and not getting to serious about anyone.  

Upon A Midnight Dreary

dark lord toilet scrubber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:15 pm
yeah i know what you mean, but then again ever one that i though would be the right one moved away most likely never to be seen again  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:14 am
Take my advice on this. DON"T DATE A FRIEND especislly not your best friend or something. If it doesn't work out it ruin your relationship and you'll regret it. It happened to me and it's not a good feeling. Don't look for a girlfriend if you don't want to. Get one when you want to and hen you think your ready for one.  

Gabriel55

[boogie pop]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:46 pm
well i guess it depends you know.
if you dont want a gf, then dont
but if you felel a little close to some one i guessmake a move.
lol
dont feel bad you know!
if you think its gonna ruin your relationship of being just friends about some one you like. i guess if you wanna keep that, keep it. ya know.
but if you wanna make a move(eh eheh *knudgeknudge*if yah know whut i mean buddy lmao)
but yea
i kinda been thry that a few years ago.
i got over that stuff  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:14 am
I don't think you're socially retarded or anything like that. It just means you don't follow the crowd and you stick to what you believe is right and I say good for you! It's akward dating friends and then not liking them and breaking up.. omg it's weird. I've done that 3 times and have lost them as friends.. so stick to what you believe is right.. and, you can too get a girlfriend without having to be good friends with her.. it's called an "acquaintance friend" or someone you just know and talk to every now and then.. that is how me and my now boyfriend of 1 yr 2 months were like..  

Chefeetaboopers

8,325 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100

Dylanthevyllan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:12 am
It's safest to not date. I've been doing that for the past 2 years and have regretted it. Though, that could just be me.
I know a FEW people that are happy with significant others, but they are the type that fantasize about getting married with them when they get out of highschool.
It depends upon who you are.

But yeah, dont look for a girlfriend. Really, dont.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:09 pm
I think it's different for everyone. I have heard so many people say "whatever you do, don't date a friend!" but, to me it's a good start to a relationship. I was best friends with a guy in 8th grade, we finally started dating and we've been together for almost 7 years and are getting married soon. I know we're not the norm, but if you have feelings for someone don't think that it never works to date a friend.

That said, if you don't feel like dating, then don't. Wait for it to come to you. Most of all, though, I think you should be open to the idea. Don't go looking for it, but don't be blind to something that is there waiting for you.  

mizukoaino05

axl0v3lyxsin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:50 pm
Relationships are difficult.
I think dating a friend is your best bet.
That way you actually get to know the person before you jump into it.
Kind of like window shopping.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:45 pm
Well I know what you mean. I never seem to be interested in my friends at school, but thats a problem because a fair few of my friends get a crush on me. I find it that if date the nice ones, and take it slow, theres a possibility that you may become fond of them. and if not, then it wasnt ment to be. Its a hard thing, but it works out for the best in the end. smile  

XxXxFoxii_demonxXxX

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff