Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kerize

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:51 pm
So, i got a suicidal friend. Like 6 months ago she claimed she was bullimic or anorexic, one of the two. I tried to talk her out of it, but well.. i don't know, she's in another school and i only talk to her ocasionally, but she's a really good friend. NOW like when im writing this message she tells me she's suicidal. I have no idea if this is for attention, which i kinda suspect, but i think i should treat it if it were true.

She says her family has problems, they're divorced. She fights with her mom screaming and insulting. She says she doesn't know what to do with her life and that she's really confused. She says her family is tearing her apart. She continuously moves from one country to the other due to the seperation of parents. She claims she's fat. although thats not really the topic at the moment. -reads- and.... she says she feels like no one needs her.

I REALLY am not used to this type of conversation and have no idea how to handle tihs. I don't want her bleeding to death or anything, so any advice please!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:11 am
Well I also have a suicidle friend so first comfort them and tell them you care for them. It might be for attention like you said but it might not be so don't try to fight with her. Tell your friend that if her parents are tearing her apart then she should talk to them and tell them what's going on in her life. I fight with my parents too and it's hard to stop even if ou don't want to cause you feel mad just when your around them but your friend has to control herself and try not to fight any more. Hope this helps.  

Gabriel55

dontnowat2donow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:33 pm
just talk to her and tell a counsiler or somthing  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:40 pm
do alot of things to make her feel l,oved and needed and talk to her alot and tell her how much you care about her and for her.  

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250

shani26

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:58 pm
First of all remmber it is your friends problems. that means that she has the responsablty to solve it. of course help from you is a good thing, but it is her problem and she is the one who need to work this out.
I think you need to get her profsianl help if you can.
I think the eating disorder comes from depression, and not the other way around. that means she doesn't eat cuz she doesn't want to live, it has nothing to do with though about beenig fat. Mybe it is easy for her to say i am fat, then saying i don't like myself, and my life i want to die.
You can help her by trying at first to convinse her to eat normal diet, and set goals that will make her feel she has something to look forward.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:56 pm
Hmm i'll try some things you guys posted, i really appreciate the help smile .  

Kerize

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200

Serenity Celestial

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:43 pm
Hold her tight and tell her not to leave you and that you care for her so much and will help her in whatever way you can

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:05 am
Talk to her. Ask her what is bothering her and how she is feeling. Comfort her and let her know that you are there for her.
If you feel she is going to try to kill herself get professional help from a trusted adult. That's the best way to handle this situation.  

Chefeetaboopers

8,325 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items