Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KingJack!

5,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:53 am
Hi. I'm thinking of getting Pokemon Platinum, but I have no idea what to choose as a Starter. sweatdrop

In Pearl, I traded an egg from my Diamond for a Chimchar, so I played Pearl with a Castform starter (Sorry if that isn't really clear enough...).

I was thinking Rotom, or maybe all three Sinnoh starters, but Rotom's stats and movesets...and having all three starters gives me half my team at the start, but I like customization. sad

Maybe Murkrow, or another Poliwag...Sableye?? Maybe not Aron...No way Haracross, or that b***h, Azuril...Maybe...Igglybuff?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:00 am
Bump, Kupo; I need your advice.  

KingJack!

5,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200

Royal Tsunami

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:14 am
try starting with a dragon pokemon like horsea pirate

THey may not be to good at the start but if you raise them you could get a Kingdra  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:21 am
Since Platinum is all Japanese and I can't read it, I went with the plan of one super-powerful lead pokemon. I chose a Chimchar, Adamant, IV bred with 31 Attack, 31 Speed, EV trained with 4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed, leveled up in Diamond to level 60 before sending over. Oh, and it had Fire Punch and Thunderpunch bred into it and was taught Brick Break and Earthquake.

I also chose one of the Starly I caught in the beginning of the game and trained it to level 50. Just in case of Double Battles.

The remaining four pokemon on my team are:

-Bibarel + Tropius (all 8 HMs)
-Level 100 Starmie + Level 100 Gardevoir (sweeping post 8th gym)

In reality, I can't tell you what you *should* do, only give ideas...  

Nadian
Crew

KingJack!

5,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:25 am
Royal Tsunami

THey may not be to good at the start but if you raise them you could get a Kingdra

Don't have it's evolutionary item. sweatdrop

@ Nadian: Ideas would be nice.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:39 am
KingJack!
Royal Tsunami

Well, I could maybe do a little more than ideas... I could also tell you how that went. (I'm currently on Victory Road... I hope Starmie can handle the Platinum Elite Four variant.)

For the most part, I was able to take everything down. The only problem I had was Cyrus. His Gyarados Intimidate was enough to make Thunderpunch not 1-hit KO Crobat who Confuse Rayed my Infernape.

Also, Origin Forme Giratina was dangerous.  

Nadian
Crew

KingJack!

5,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:58 am
Nadian
KingJack!
Royal Tsunami

Well, I could maybe do a little more than ideas... I could also tell you how that went. (I'm currently on Victory Road... I hope Starmie can handle the Platinum Elite Four variant.)

For the most part, I was able to take everything down. The only problem I had was Cyrus. His Gyarados Intimidate was enough to make Thunderpunch not 1-hit KO Crobat who Confuse Rayed my Infernape.

Wow. Head's up, Cynthia, I think, has been toned down; no Pokemon above level 62 or 63. :3  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:22 am
KingJack!
Nadian
KingJack!
Royal Tsunami

Wow. Head's up, Cynthia, I think, has been toned down; no Pokemon above level 62 or 63. :3

Toned down, but only for the first battle.

In the rematch, all the Elite Four pokemon are 16 levels higher. That means that Cynthia's Garchomp will be level 78 the second time around.  

Nadian
Crew

Just A Normal Tree

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:54 pm
what be this platinum you speak of?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:31 pm
Just A Normal Tree
what be this platinum you speak of?

Pokemon Platinum is the third game of the 4th gen.

In other words...

Yellow is the third game for Red and Blue
Crystal is the third game for Silver and Gold
Emerald is the third game for Ruby and Sapphire
Platinum is the third game for Diamond and Pearl

Platinum came out in Japan just today (although it's not "today" still in Japan, I think...)  

Nadian
Crew

"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces