• First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:48 pm
Whoever says they are a Pokemon Master is either:

a) Conceited
b) Confused
c) Idiotic
d) Wrong
e) *Inserts nice way of saying they are no Master of Pokemon*

You know how I know? They never really elaborated on what it is to be a Pokemon Master? It's implausable to catch all the Pokemon in the anime, 'cuz Legendaries being captured is realy bad for the environment or something.

Is it becoming League Champions? No.

Discuss:
Whatever...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:01 pm
I'm a master, I can defeat any opponent, I have almost a full box of self-trained level 100 pokemon and i'm prepared for any style tournament out there!  

Atomic Sunday

KingJack!

5,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:21 pm
Captain Hikaru Takinowa
I'm a master, I can defeat any opponent, I have almost a full box of self-trained level 100 pokemon and i'm prepared for any style tournament out there!

As I said, that doesn't make you a master; it hasn't been defined yet. For all you know, it's someone who worked so hard, they gained the ability to fuse with their Pokemon.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:41 pm
I believe in your first post you meant conceited. Also you have a point as in the games it is possible to obtain the legendary pokemon whereas in the anime it seems impossible. No one can be a master as if they battle online with another person that has the same level pokemon as them it really doesn't make a difference. Those that brag and say that they are a master or trying to show off when they lack strategies. Its impossible to win one hundred percent of the time.  

Gingeria

Gingeria

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:45 pm
Captain Hikaru Takinowa
Just by saying that you have proven to me that you are full of yourself and besides a tournament could come up where it could be all the types in it but your only allowed 6 pokemon and there are more than 6 types of pokemon.

Grass, fire and Water are the basic three then come the rest such as electric, dark, psychic, ghost, bug, poison, ice, flying, dragon, rock, ground, and steel. Each of the types has a serious disadvantage against another.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:56 am
You're a master when you beat the Elite 4... (plus Gary. I mean, whatever they changed his name to now.)

However that doesn't mean you can beat other masters yet, because in all honesty it's easy to beat the Elite 4 (in the newer games).  

Hurricane Bomb Hayato

Xx-Loki Kun-xX

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:10 am
yeah that then you need to get all the pokemons and other things  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:16 pm
I don't believe that being a master at pokemon is a bad thing......but by master I assume you mean someone who is merely good at battle. I also believe that having confindence in ones self is not a bad thing either. Showing confindence shows high self esteem which is generally a good thing depending on how far they go with that confindence. Like the one person Captian Hikaru T. said that he could defeat any opponent.....which in all cases he is right he CAN but that doesn't mean he WILL.....Working with your pokemon overtime gradually gives you skills which allows you defeat more opponents. Just because master hasn't been "Defined" does not mean that we have a right to judge people because they are confident. Narcisists are a whole other matter but I won't get on that topic. I believe I am a good trainer who is willing to take a challenge but I have been defeated plenty of times just like many others. You also need to remember that the anime is for viewers enjoyment while the game is for a players enjoyment which is why they give you opportunities to catch the legendary. It's a franchise method. So all in all by judging people and calling them concieted or idiotic just because they have confidence is not a very positive way to handle things. And also assuming that you know if they elaborated or not on being a master isn't fair. Your not God nor a mind reader so let's not assume. And there you have it.  

Demon_of_Silver

Kumi Katsuna

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:43 am
I don't rlly think anyones a master but just good at the game.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:35 am
You are taking this WAY too seriously.  

Hurricane Bomb Hayato

bulbasaur27

Girl-Crazy Lover

10,875 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:04 am
i'm agreeing with knig jack on this one shure you can beat the in game traners until you have lv 100 pkmn but it's the online traners that can't be beat some times there are just too many varatables in battle like what is the pokemon holding to whats it's type to what move does it have to what nachre and so on  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:22 am
bulbasaur27
i'm agreeing with knig jack on this one shure you can beat the in game traners until you have lv 100 pkmn but it's the online traners that can't be beat some times there are just too many varatables in battle like what is the pokemon holding to whats it's type to what move does it have to what nachre and so on
That's why Masters build their teams to be balanced and don't need to change them from one match to another because they're designed to handle any situation.
Having all of the pokemon in the game filled and having beaten all the trainers is really just the meat and potatoes in building strong teams for cmpetetive play.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

DenizB112

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:08 am
i think you become a master on pokemon once youve beaten all the games, caught every type of pokemon, raised them to 100, and beaten all trainers.

thats my theory on pokemon masters.  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff