Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
Twilight Series Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lunastar324

Friendly Citizen

5,800 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:33 pm
Everyone's heard about the Twilight Series and i want to know how many other people like/hate the series. I started reading Twilight last week, and now i'm reading New Moon, and this is what i have to say about it so far...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:47 pm
It was a good series 3nodding  

Lexarun

Desirable Rogue

Te Nori Taiga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:55 pm
It is a good series. And I can't wait for the movie to come out! I get to see all of my favorite scenes come to life!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:41 pm
I LOVE TWILIGHT!!!

but i'm not looking foreward to the movie..if you watch some of the scenes..the best parts are taken out..its not gonna be as good as the book sadly crying but really all movies are never like the books..

d3arlylov3d

Sunset_Heart

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:26 pm
I LOVE TWILIGHT

but yeah i think the movie will be terrible.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:22 pm
I love the series and it makes me quite mad that a large amount of people "hated" the book. But then again, in series like Twilight and Harry Potter there is no way to satisfiy the masses everyone has such different endings in mind. But anyway, Twilight Rocks.  

MahoganyRain

Laki Larian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:51 pm
I think Twilight does exactly what it needs to for itself. It's an amazing page-turner, and soft-core fantasy. (soft core compare to something like LotRs, with an extremely complicated world)

I honestly believe many people just dislike it because of its widespread appeal. As in, they're upset because people flock to Twilight, which is fun, romantic, and easy to fall in love with, instead of other, harsher, darker stories with similar content. The truth of the matter is Twilight is a story that's masterful in garnering masses of fans. I don't think that's a reason to hate it.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:22 pm
I've only finished Twilight-planning to get the second, too! It does rock.  

XThe Lily Of The ValleyX

f ii o r e ll a

4,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:03 pm
I love the Twilight Series. I guess if I related to any of the characters in the book it would be a mix of Bella and Rosalie! =)
I'm extremely grateful that my friend gave me Twilight for my birthday! I know heaps of girls from my school read the books, that's like wow, especially the ones who I thought wouldn't read at all. It's cool to have something to talk about with the other girls at my school.

I can't wait until the movie, only a real Twilight fan will respect it and like/love it at least. I'm sure that they put a lot of work into it for us fans to enjoy not for fans to hate. Even if a majority of it doesn't match up to the book at least they've got the main points there.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:46 pm
I liked the series, but like most people, I'm a little wary of the movie. I'm going to see, but I have a vague feeling that I'm gonna be commenting a lot in my head. I know I did that with Harry Potter. I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it nonetheless though. It's always interesting to see a different person's take on the story when they make it into a movie.  

Silvie Verisimilitude

Gracious Hunter

6,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Zig Zag Zebra

Greedy Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:36 am
I turned on all my friends to the books. I cant wait to see how bad the movie sucks compared to the book. Sirously... Cedric Diggory for Edward? Does he really fit? Look:
User Image
they did the skin right but still... *sigh* but bella is fine... not exactally how I saw her at first but still:
User Image
Alice is perfectly fine! really look:
User Image
Jacob is fine! Sharkboy is always talked bad of... seriously... all he needed was a wig! Im giving him a chance and if he screws up Im gonna kill him! really look:
User Image
they just screwed up jasper! grrrrrrr........... :
User Image
Do I have too say anything about Rosealie? she looks perfect:
User Image
emmets fine... I guess:
User Image

Im overreacting but who gives a crap?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:21 am
I absolutely loved the series! It was weird how I came across Twilight though. Actually, it was kind of because of peer pressure. xDDD

At first when my friend introduced me to the book I was thinking 'There's no way I'd be able to finish this book. I mean, come on! You have to admit the thickness is intimidating.' But I bought a copy anyway, since my friends kept raving on about how it's - and I quote - "THE BEST book EVUR." I got curious and started reading.

Get this: I couldn't. Stop.

I finished it in a day and a half. Which is a new record, considering the fact that I lose interest in a book halfway most of the time.

But I don't think I'll like the movie.

When I saw a poster for a Twilight movie online, I got so excited. They all looked almost EXACTLY as I pictured them. But then, reality crashed down as I saw the words "fan made" at the bottom. So it wasn't the real thing.

I got so pissed when I saw the real thing.

They looked nothing like I imagined! I mean, I love Jasper and it's so sad that he looks (for a lack of a better word) weird. What gets worse is that James actually looks better than Edward. Ugh.

I think I might watch Bolt instead of Twilight. Even though I'm SO NOT a fan of Miley Cyrus (Sorry, off topic)  

__deactivated24601

3,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

WriterPrincess1984

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:41 pm
I'm currently on New Moon. It's a little depressing so far but I hear it's worth it. I read the first one in a little over a week and I have seen the movie twice already. It is not as good as the book but that is always the case when a book is made into a movie. I personally think the casting for Edward is a perfect choice. He is sooo hot! Not really how I pictured him in the book but I can live with it.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:53 am
I Love Twilight!!!!!!!!  

Mizuno_Miaka

Screaming For October

4,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:18 pm
I like the series. I think that Twilight and Breaking Dawn are the best ones though.

THE MOVIE WAS AWESOME! (sorry got excited) Even though they messed up on my favorite character--Jasper. He looked so weird!

I wasn't thrilled with Cedric Diggory bein Edward but I thought he did good. Was it just me or did he have a pained look every time he kissed Bella? thought that was brillant

I wasn't goin 'omg they missed that' in my head like i thought i would. It was funny(especially charlie and billy) entertaining and not what I thought it would be. I thought it would be boring(especially from the first trailer i saw) I hated the scene where he's all 'say it. say it outloud.' just stupid to me. well here i am goin on and on. ill think ill stop.  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games