Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Intelagent life?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

humans vs aliens?
live in peace
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
we kill them all
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
they Kill us to protect the cosmos
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

wiccanbear

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:11 pm
so, I'm sitting here watching star trek, yes I'm a treky and bad one at that.
i start thinking as I'm watching the last season of enterprise, if we humans ever do making it to space and possibly meet some other race, what is most likely to happen? do you think we would make friends? or kill everything we run in to?
i mean man kind has already proven we cant even get along with our own kind. the fact that even now we seem to be sliding backwards instead of going forwards in just our behaviors toward our fellow countrymen is bad enough. what makes us think we could make friends with totally alien, in all senses of the word, races. i would like to think that we aren't going to end up like that movie "idiocracy" and be obsessed with electrolytes, but that we may actually over come our baser instincts and evolve.
so i leave this now to the floor. what are your thoughts and reasoning's?and reasoning's?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:15 am
if they came here, we'd probably try to destroy them before we make the effort to know them.
if we met them out there, we'd probably make contact and get to know them. but there would be a group that would be paranoid of them and try to destroy them as well.  

spearquest

Aged Streaker

wiccanbear

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:11 am
true there would always be those that are parrinoid. almost like they have some sort of phobia of anyhting different. its something i dont think i will ever beable to understand. i dont think i would want to try to understand it eaither for fear i may understand and possibly begin to agree with their understanding. if that makes sence. not that im week willed, but what if they have a good reason. but then again, probably not. im to damn set in my ways to pick up the bad habbits of others.... but itstill fear it.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:28 pm
I think before aliens land on earth, they'd rather watch us over a long time from a safe distance. As I look at this planet, I'd really like to leave it, too. I think they'll perceive all that what happens as a huge monkey circus and leave without any traces.  

Verderbnis

Shaefer_A

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:00 am
Humans seem to think they own everything, even the universe! I think they humans) would kill or capture any kind of alien life no matter where they found it.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:19 pm
I'm sorry, I couldn't help but laugh.... you misspelled intelligent. If that's not fitting, I don't know what is.  

Deppfan

LunaMaeMoon

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:38 am
Common guys/gals... if there wasn't other intelligent life out there... wouldnt that be an aweful waste of space? (from Contact)

Thanks for the Fish! (HHGuide)

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:41 am
well first contact would determin what coruse of action we take, and depending on who answers the call,
if a truly fit people come to them choosen for their best qualitys, and diplomatic sences contact the aliens, then they would see how the aliens react, if hte aliens start to attack, then by all means we have a right to defend ourselve even if it would be a poor attempt but if they are peacfull then we might become a more peacfull society, buti can not say for certian becuase i cannot peer into others minds, and entirely do not know if their is intelegent life  

idiotic randomness

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff