Anger issues!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:16 pm
I've noticed over the past few months that I've become a lot more irritable. I'm stressed a lot easier, and I'm already stressed easily. I know that its just the early months of school [I'm a sophomore in high school] and thats probably the source of my stress.

Anyone have any anger / stress resolving tips?
I know the counting to ten, and stuff like that, and I see a therapist frequently. I'd just like to know some quick, easy things that I can remember when I feel myself boiling over.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:50 am
write your anger in some book, it helps  

DDarkAngel

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:28 pm

Yes, I should start writing in my dusty old diary again.

Thanks. [:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:17 am
np biggrin  

DDarkAngel

Chefeetaboopers

8,325 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:57 am
Take your anger out on something soft like your pillow or bed. Stay alone when you're angry to blow off steam. Find a friend or a stranger (like me) who will talk to you and let you yell towards them to help blow off steam. Take medications if you get too angry.. or talk to a psych or councilor or parent.. or friend.. write down your feelings.. write a song about them. scream when you are alone to vent. growl. take deep breaths. do something relaxing you enjoy to take your mind off your anger..  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:21 pm
I'm actually on medication (since 2005), but I can definitly try those techniques. [: Thanks!

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

Demon_of_Silver

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:38 pm
Anger is a secondary emotion which comes from something else like frustration, fear, pain, irritation, sadness. (I've been in counseling for over two years and last week was my last day Yay me XD!!! So I can gaurantee you i've learned things) Anger tends to put you in a somewhat "uncontroable" state of mind. Normally what I would do is find the original source (pain, irritation, fear, ect.) and then confront it mentally and work it out the best way I know how ^.^ If you want to find a way to distract your self from it until you have time to face it try to do the things already suggested. I have found that singing, drawing and writing have helped me. Plus watching a movie or taking a nap (since emotional situations can be quite draining) can help as well. So good luck and any time you may need to talk i'll be here ^.^  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:30 pm
Singing, reading, and napping are really good outlets for me. I'll make sure to contact you if I want to talk. heart
Thank you!

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

x iSeanHirose x

Dapper Explorer

4,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:29 am
User Image

If I got angry and mad as hell, I hear classical music and write stuff in a notebook. It helps a lot. biggrin

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:30 pm
Those are both very good techniques. [: thanks

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

Dylanthevyllan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:26 pm
Breathing.

5 deep breaths a day strengthens the mind and removes the build up of toxins in the lungs. When you breathe in, think positive thoughts. When you breathe out, release your doubts, fears, and negative emotions.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:32 pm
I don't really have any anger management tips that would probably work but they seem to calm me down sometimes.

When I get stressed out it usually helps to scream into a pillow, if there are no pillows around or now isn't a good time for screaming then laugh^^

You don't know how effective forcing yourself to laugh is ;P If you still can't laugh and you have to be absolutely silent at the time your stressed just close your eyes and pretend your laughing^^ OR

Give the closest person to you a a GIIIIAAANT hug :3 They may thin you're a freak for it but at least you got a squeeze outta someone without resorting to violent out bursts  

ALEX you l o s e r

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff