Submit

Lunastar324

Friendly Citizen

5,800 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:04 pm
Here's the problem: there's this guy that asked me to be his girlfriend and I was really happy when he asked me. But I had to talk about this with my parents. Guess what they said? NO BOYFRIEND scream !!!! I was really upset and still am. They gave me 2 reasons: (1) I had to focus on school and (2) He was 2 years older than me. What can I do? I really like him and I want to go out with him. Please help me!! crying  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:32 pm
Try to reason with your parents, and if that doesn't work, tell the guy. Hopefully, he will understand. You two can always remain friends, and even hang out as friends. It won't be too hard.

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

Grypesagon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:23 pm
What MI said.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:08 am
Sometimes it's better to be just friends. Your relationship won't be as rocky as it can get when your going out with someone. But I understand how you might feel, so do try to reason with your parent  

Dylanthevyllan

Lunastar324

Friendly Citizen

5,800 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:02 pm
I tried to reason with them, but they won't budge! It really isn't fair. I mean, my mom had a boyfriend when she was my age, so why can't I have one question Oh, and what's even worse, my parents decided to give me THE TALK. *shudders* Do you know how utterly creepy that was? It was even creepier when it came from my DAD!!!! This is the first time he's ever encountered with this sort of...predicament-of me having a boyfriend. My mom has told me throughout my entire life to be careful with guys, and I am. She's even told me of the kind of tricks guys use to get a girl to like them (no offense to the guys out there). Trust me, if you knew my mom, you'd say that she's been through a lot.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:58 pm
She probably just wants the best for you, even though she might be a little over-protective.

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

Lunastar324

Friendly Citizen

5,800 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:27 pm
A little?! My mom is very over-protective, especially with me, since I act like a little kid half the time. I just wish she knew that I know what to watch out for, and that I know what to do when I'm in any kind of danger; she's been telling me practically my entire life. I try to tell her, and I think she knows that I know, but she's still the same with everything. And my dad just goes with my mom on everything.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:39 pm
Well your parents always will know best for you. You say your mum started going out with guys at your age but do you know how long it lasted? Maybe she's saving you the pain of breaking up in a puppylove situation. Sure I don't know anything bout having a boyfriend but I've been the cry on shoulder friend for each of my friends that have had relationships.

The guy is older than you right? So he should be mature enough to wait for you. Tell him you like him back but you have to prioritize your studies and what your mum and dad want first. If he's a jerk then he'll laugh in your face and doesn't deserve to go out with you. If he understands and nods then you've got a keeper and when your parents do decide to let you go out with people you know he'll be there when your ready.  

ALEX you l o s e r

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff