Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zivillyn

7,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:10 am
Just post your philisophical sayings here. Don't yell at other people for their beliefs or if you think they're being stupid. Thats just not on. If you want an example, here's something I came up with in an rp:

"How can I be lost? Being lost is having a destination and not being able to get there. I have no destination and seem to get everywhere."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:29 pm
okay, here are several philosophical phraises that I find useful:

"The only true knowledge is knowing that you know nothing" - Socrates

"an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" - Ghandi

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will finally experience peace" - Jimi Hendrix

"Equal rights are not special rights" - unknown

"Life is full of secrets and lies, so when you get screwed over, don't act surprised" - unknown  

azrael the reaper_95210

Same Old Song And Dance

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:32 pm
"When you lose don't lose the lesson."

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." –Unknown

"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones."
-Albert Einstein

I grew up knowing I could have had a million different lives. It makes your life mysterious and your imagination go wild.
- KT Tunstall

Dreams are the touchstones of our characters.
- Henry David Thoreau

A writer needs three things, experience, observation, and imagination, any two of which, at times any one of which, can supply the lack of the others.
- William Faulkner

You are alive. So live.
- Tomi Miyasaki

All good niggas, all the niggas who change the world, die in violence. They don't die in regular ways.
- Tupac Shakur

Life is like a farm, one wrong step and you're in DEEP s**t!!!
-Todd Lynch

Your life would be very empty if you had nothing to regret.
- Uknown  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:24 am
Ill cross that bridge when i come to it.

oh but its too late to make new enemies is a good one about renoucing the devil

judomasters

Intelife

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:23 am
Most of these I've made up on the spot, but they also might be heavily or lightly influenced by others... I wouldn't know.

"Death is the idea that one's life ends. It's a shame we'll never know."

"If you don't burn every bridge you cross, your life will always be concerned with looking back."

"Just because you win doesn't mean you didn't learn anything. You learned that you have something that works, and when you have something that works, you use it until you lose, then you've learned that it no longer works."

"Life is a game of chess. In this match, I do believe it's checkmate."

"Eight pounds. You seem like a strong man. Eight pounds is nothing, right? However, when held up at arm's length like so, it becomes an unbearable weight." ~The Punisher

"If it's not to late, could you find it deep within your heart to go back to the start." ~Lily Allen, Back to the Start

"'Life's number one positive fact is probably the simplest thing in the world: it's Life!'
'And that is the number one negative thing about it.'
'Pessimist.'"

"Life is NOT fair." ~ me  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:00 pm
The death of an individual is sad; the death of an idea is tragic. - Unknown  

Bearorist

Dangerous Prophet

6,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100

Sforzando Poco

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:31 pm
I heard something like this once from my dad - I don't remember the exact wording or who first said it though.

~ The death of one person is a tragedy. The death of a million people is a statistic ~

Designer Genes' quote reminded me of this one...  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:15 pm
"live each and every day as if it were your last on earth, but plan like you have 100 years to live" ~ my english teacher Mr. Larson
by far one of my favorite quotes because it reflects how i live my life mrgreen  

Gimpi Platypus

SchizoSpazz

Space Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:25 pm
it is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to believe with the masses or majority merely because the majority is the majority. truth does not change because it agrees or disagrees with a majority of the people.
Giordano Bruno  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:03 am
I have rants sometimes, when I can't even sort out my thoughts. Does anyone else do that?

RELIGION

One time my friend asked me,"What makes your religion right?"
And I said, "I can feel it, deep down inside."
So she said, "Okay, okay, but what makes all the other religions wrong?"
I gave her a funny look, "Uh.. Nothing. They're not. Everyone has a religion right for them."
That's what I think. I think when you go to Heaven, it's whatever you believe it is. To Buddhas it would be their version of Heaven, ETC.
It's greatly elaborated in a Norse book, The Silver Apples, by Nancy Farmer. I had thought about it before, too,though.  

Ninja Baby Blues

"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff