Reply "PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place
Like so freaking weird!)I said Like...(

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kumi Katsuna

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:34 pm
So I got Pokemon Diamond and a DS. I'm a good One-third in I think And a have a Roselia. Heres the thing, Before, I had a Budew and I was getting mad because she wouldn't evolve. Then, she starts to evolve at level 27 right.)I stopped it for some strange reason.( Then I go somewhere a guess what wild pokemon pops out. A Roselia at Level 19! So now I'm pissed and confused.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:30 pm
Budew is a baby pokemon. Baby pokemon all evolve based on a maxed out happiness.
Roselia is a Basic pokemon, and Roserade is a Stage 1 pokemon.

So, if you really want a good Roserade, your going to want a Roselia at level 1 with good stats. But for your Budew, you really just want that one hold item that increases happiness.  

ZOMG_TEH_ZOMBEH

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:35 pm
1/3 of the way through the game?
You've already got a obtained pokedex of 164? (and one third) That's a lot for not knowing how Baby pokemon evolve. But uh, yeah, ZOMBEH is correct about how baby pokemon evolve, You need a maxed out happiness before they evolve.
Carrying them in your party, giving them Poffins they like, giving them massages, giving them items to hold, using them in battle, and the Soothe bell are really good for that. Likewise, keeping them in your box, feeding them poffins they don't like, and leaving them fainted are not beneficial.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:27 am
Yeah I'm not in that deep I relized but not all baby pokemon need maxed happiness. Take Happiny, you need to give it an oval stone the level it up during the day to evole into Chansey(I rlly hate my house phone.(  

Kumi Katsuna

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:47 am
KumiSuri8
Yeah I'm not in that deep I relized but not all baby pokemon need maxed happiness. Take Happiny, you need to give it an oval stone the level it up during the day to evole into Chansey(I rlly hate my house phone.(
Actually, Happiny also evolves by happiness. It just needs to be day and holding a Oval stone as the additional triggers.
Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, Wynaut. evolve at a certain level. (20, 30, 30, 30, and 15 respectively)
Mime Jr, and Bonsley need to know a certain move. (mimic)
Mantyke needs a remoraid in the party.
and the babies that evolve with happiness (and additional requirements to the happiness) Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Azurill, Budew, Chingling, Happiny, Munchlax. (so, 50% still pretty monumental considering how many different ways baby pokemon are triggered to evolve)
Rilou and Togepi are considered basic pokemon but have baby pokemon qualities.

What does your house phone have to do with Chansey evolving?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:26 pm
U see I did not know any of this. Also, this means that Bulbapedia is wrong. Which is blasphemy. And, my phoines loves to ring whenever I am the only one who can pick up the phone. Like on thanxgiving when everyone was around, it barely rang. But yesterday It went crazy with the telemarketers calling) Andf don't say it's not the phones fault, just let me mope.( Anyways, thank u all for the information.  

Kumi Katsuna

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:10 pm
KumiSuri8
U see I did not know any of this. Also, this means that Bulbapedia is wrong. Which is blasphemy.
Bulbapedia wasn't completely wrong, the entire Chansey line evolves via happiness. I assume they just expected people to understand that.

I never trust a single website for my pokemon information. Bulbapedia, Serebii, Smogon, gameFAQs, and Marriland are all websites that I use when doing much of anything in my pokemon game. (although right now I'm just filling up my dex without worrying about what to train them in, so Smogon isn't as important now as it will be later.)  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games