Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Has anyone ever considered... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starstruck Rainbow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:45 pm
Have you ever really sat down and considered time. I mean, it's always been there. Any who knows, maybe there's someone looking down on us, watching us like TV, pausing us, but we don't notice it becuase we're the ones paused. I think this is really creepy to think about.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:13 pm
Sometimes I think about people as puppets, or a story being read by another, but I put it out of my mind after a while, because it drives me crazy wondering how I can see, feel, and experience things and just be a spectacle for a being more complex than I am.. I don't know.. I'm also medicated because of this kind of thoughts..  

PelicanBlack

Dapper Prophet

G0d_0f_R0ck

5,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:37 pm
wow i have finally found some people who have pondered the same question i have even thought i think this should probably go under the philosophy section but anyway i've always pondered the poosibility that humans were a creation of some more intelligent being as like a science expiriment to see what would happen if they created beings that had to make their own order and rules from scratch kinda like us being lab rats though im not sure it is totally possible.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:55 pm
I sometimes find myself wondering if my reality is someone else's dream. Or even my own dream. And then I also wonder what it's like to be someone else. To see their life though their eyes. To see my life through their perspective. It's weird.  

Deppfan

Lus-cloud

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:16 am
The red pill or the blue pill?

Deep man. Really deep. I can't say i think about time, or weather its reality or not.

I like to think about society. Namely what we call things,Like colours:
What if the grass isn't green and we are just calling it that because we don't really know what colour it is?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:26 am
Lus-cloud

Deep man. Really deep. I can't say i think about time, or weather its reality or not.

What if the grass isn't green and we are just calling it that because we don't really know what colour it is?

and what if we people do not actually see in things in their true color? what if what we call colorblind is in fact people seeing the correct colors? what if we are the only ones who see things in color, and everything is really just shades of grey? (and how exactly do they know that dogs are colorblind, BTW? always wondered that....)  

Master Azrael Reaper

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:06 am
People do definately not see the world in its true colors, since we're not able to perceive ultraviolet or infrared. We see the world in a slightly different light.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:21 pm
I've always wondered why we call things what we do. Like we call the "desk" a "desk". How did we decide that? How did we even come up with the word and letters at all? For all we know, it could've been called "chair" instead. Or "money"? We could've just as easily called it something else like "bug" or "cherry" or some thing like "logneys." (Weird, I know. But no doubt somewhere in another dimension, "money" is a weird word I'm sure.)

Same thing with cuss words. Who decided that these words were icky to the tongue anyway? I mean, we could just as easily have a pile of ... crud on the ground and call it "flower" or something.

. . . . . . . . .

The human language is so strange. xd  

SephieSummerdream

eraserheadvibes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:14 pm
Lus-cloud

Dont take the red pill!

Time is an Illusion created so we can better understand when something happens even though "when" is a term directly associated with time which does not exist, try to keep your brain from exploding.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:32 pm
I think of us like we're in the Matrix kinda thing. Other than that, no...  

Spazzmanian_Devil

4,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

the greatest wizard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:22 am
Yes i have considered that someone else is watching and controling my life.This person can do whatever he want's and has no regrets for doing what was done.but there are those who believe that we are our own watchers of our life and are trying to correct the mistakes of the past lives we may have gone through.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:11 am
Wow so many who have thunk these kind of things too. Amazing xD. Me I look at time and wonder where it went. But then I think what if i'm not awake? What if everything i'm doing i'm doing it in some sort of coma? And the color thing. Yes many times have I wondered where some of these words have come from. If we had named the color green blue instead of green wouldn't it seem wierd now? But if it had always been that way then this sort of conversation would be reversed. And how space is infinit. Then where does it stop? Almost like the end of a book. Then what? Blank? Where do we sit in all of this?  

Demon_of_Silver

The Timid Thinker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:00 pm
I assume there's some higher power or, at least, a system that is letting us do whatever it is that we do.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:28 am
Considering what everyone believes,I believe that there is no turh nor lies in what you say. As long as there is something greater then us in any and all ways as long as there is no end or begining to time, Or no way of saying there is truely a god or form of life matter known as the great being because turhfully I think everything has a createion rather it be a mistake or supposeabley pland we all came from something. The idea that were all just a story,A song, A show or some type of enteranment seems highly posblie because there is no right or wrong anwser.  

Monako SM

Feline Shapeshifter

13,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Monako SM

Feline Shapeshifter

13,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:48 am
The words about the colours is intresting. But I suppose were all see things diffenently. No one knows if a colours a colour because people like us will aways qusten it. Also It dosent appear to matter if we are all just in a book. The turh stays there, Becasue that would prove there is something greater then are own something more powerfull this story would be us and the writer would be what we called ''God'' Because atlest some people would think it was are creater, In away. Others would qusten the word ''god'' and see themselfs as them no one else believeing there is no posblie way it could happen, But what I believe is, For sure atlest were SOMETHING rather were a throught, A song, A voice, A life even a dot or a viruse. We are something thats what counts, Because thats what we believe. That there is something and if theres something anythings posblie.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff