Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Dyslexia, The good, the bad, the ugly.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lus-cloud

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:54 pm
Dyslexia:

For those who do not know what it is. Dyslexia is a disorder in the brain that causes problem with sequencing. It is
not the inability to read, or write. Sequencing is where the problem lies, words, letters and number are under that. How should I know? I am one.

The Misconceptions:
I am curious to know why the out side world seem to think that we are stupid. As soon as you say, 'Oh, hi. I'm lus. I'm dyslexic.' people treat you differently, even if you have known them for years.

Why does the world think that we read backwards? my whole family is dyslexic, they can read fine. I know my problem is with spelling and what i say to you is different if i want to write it down.

Two problems I am curious to know what you think of:
One: What are you thoughts on Dyslexia and people?
Two: Are we stupid, thick, or just the same as every one else?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:56 am
Psychological Disorders are not existant, forced treatment is a crime against basic human rights (Self-Souvereignity).

I don't know much about dyslexia, maybe people derive the "lex" to something like a book and the "dys",... ...you know the rest! They mess with "dysfunction" and "no function".

In my honest opinion people are sick in every way, they either drown in self pity or they start to think and try to move the world which may end up very bad.

It's not me who is sick, it's the whole world, so lean back and enjoy the show.  

Verderbnis

Geno Penna

Swashbuckling Shapeshifter

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:11 am
I'm Dyslexic, but so far only my family and closest friends and random people I know nothing about know (AKA you people).  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:59 pm
I suspect I may be mildly dyslexic, but don't know for sure. It's not a problem in my everyday life so it's probably not worth the trouble to find out. If I were in school and could get them to test me because they are obliged to it might be worth it, but I'm not, so it isn't.

I figure everyone has problems in one area or another, the important thing is to learn how to deal with those problems and not let them define you!  

Charlie Dodo

4,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Lus-cloud

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:11 pm
Good point Charles Dodo, how ever what if you know who you are and other people begin to define you because of this 'dyslexic' Thing?

Geno The Kistune: Welcome to the wonderful world of Dyslexia.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:22 pm
My mother has Dyslexia, so i'm probably more 'learned' on the subject then most average Joes.
No, it does not make you stupider, it's just a challenge to live with, to work at.
There are some very achieved people that have Dyslexia, namely, Orlando Bloom, he's doing just find reading his scripts.

Saint Black the Morbid

1,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

SephieSummerdream

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:33 pm
I don't think dyslexic people are any different from anyone else. We are all the same. Some just have a different way of learning things.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:00 am
Enstien(Sp?) is my favourite Dyslexic. Plus he never finished high school. Look how many things he had done.  

Lus-cloud

Spacial Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:46 pm
Saint Black the Morbid
There are some very achieved people that have Dyslexia, namely, Orlando Bloom, he's doing just find reading his scripts.

Hahahahahahahahaha! Gosh. Hehe.

Well, my best friend is dyslexic, and she's otherwise the most intelligent person who's ever deigned to be my friend. Seriously, she's brilliant. I've always wondered if being dyslexic had something to do with her particular genius. Maybe it's just due to all the extra work she had to put in. Like, I have Borderline Personality Disorder, but I'm also really damn good with emotions and self-control... now. Much better than your average person. Only because I had to fight so hard and learn so much, though.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:09 am
for over three generations, every male member of my family has had dyslexia, I my self have dyslexia, and though it is a pain, ity comes with some advantages for example; I read four times faster than the average person and I memorize 90% of what I read the first time i see it. dyslexia is merly what you make of it  

HellCatMurasame

2,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Barakiel9909

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:00 pm
I have numerical dyslexia, and I'm a Computer Science major in college. I think it's actually helped me with my math, as if forces me to check my math more than most. The only time it affects me is on tests, because then I don't have the time to go back and check my fractions aren't upside-down...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:54 pm
Let me pose a question to you all... do you ever wish you weren't dyslexic?  

Lus-cloud

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff